jim_hoyland
More:
jim_hoyland
And...
jim_hoyland
Lunch Friday at the Irish Pub...
bobhasissues
Beautiful cars and scenery.

Is it just me, or is the front ride height too low on most of the cars photographed? Some rears are clearly lowered, but the fronts on most of the cars look too low.
wacko.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(bobhasissues @ May 17 2010, 05:56 PM) *

Beautiful cars and scenery.

Is it just me, or is the front ride height too low on most of the cars photographed? Some rears are clearly lowered, but the fronts on most of the cars look too low.
wacko.gif

914's look & corner better with the front lowered IMHO, & it's an easy front suspension adjustment to drop it 1 or 2 "notches" (700 tips has instructions IIRC). driving.gif

So - where will 2011 be?? confused24.gif biggrin.gif
Justinp71
Yeah that was a great time! Thanks to everyone !!!

beerchug.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif beerchug.gif
MartyYeoman
Our contribution.
McMark
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ May 17 2010, 09:12 PM) *

werjpijopj

lkjsdfuer
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ May 17 2010, 08:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ May 17 2010, 09:12 PM) *

werjpijopj

lkjsdfuer

Leave it to Mark to come up with a cogent reply to that! av-943.gif
McMark
Hey! Who you callin' cogent?! mad.gif
TROJANMAN
It's as if Jon's car has a yellow soul..........

IPB Image
MartyYeoman
Dr Evil at monitor Pass.
mightyohm
My pics.
mightyohm
More
mightyohm
More
Michael N
One more with Marty close behind.

Click to view attachment
mightyohm
One more
Mike Bellis
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Click to view attachment

ConeDodger pit crew... Motley Crew
Mike Bellis
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ May 17 2010, 10:32 PM) *

I thought the good Doc was going into family medicine/GP - not proctology!!?? confused24.gif
... let alone self-protology!!!! blink.gif

Did he talk like Mickey Mouse after that? lol-2.gif
Jakeodoule
My shots....
Good times!
ChrisFoley
The last time Mary and I were in California was 16 years ago and I'm not sure when we will make the trip again so we did our best to fit a lot into our schedule.
Unfortunately our flight was delayed by 3 hours and we arrived in San Francisco around 3:30am. We didn't even get to sit anywhere near each other on the flight and were both rather miserable when we reached our hotel in Burlingame at 4:30.

After a very late breakfast in the hotel our first stop was the San Mateo County Clerk's Office for an official copy of my birth certificate. Now I can get back into the country after we go to Monaco for the F1 Grand Prix. biggrin.gif

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to visit HPH since we were right around the corner.
Click to view attachment

Rich got back from running some errands just as we arrived, so he took us on the grand tour.
Click to view attachment

Then we headed down to San Jose to see my nephew and his 7 month old baby.
This is his little repair shop on W. San Carlos.
Click to view attachment

and Madison
Click to view attachment

Then we headed for Tahoe late Thursday afternoon and ran into rush hour traffic.
That's something I pretty much never have to deal with at home. It took us more than 5 hours to get there.
I'm pretty sure we saw a wolf on rt50 coming down the mountain after dark.
We arrived just a few minutes too late to join the party behind Harrah's.

Friday morning we ate breakfast right next to Eric Shea and Jim Tabor at The Driftwood. I said to Mary "I bet those two guys are here for the WCR. I'm sure I recognize the bearded one and the other one looks familiar too." She said "Is wearing sneakers with no shoe laces the style out here? It looks gay." lol-2.gif
I was wearing a 914 sweatshirt and hat so you'd think they would speak up, but they were too busy making eyes at each other to notice I guess. So the introductions had to wait for the parking lot right before the Picture Rally.
Click to view attachment

Since we were not driving a 914 we took up the rear on the rally, following Rob Sime.
Click to view attachment

I kept wondering when we were going to turn left again because Rob kept his signal on for over 15 miles.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

(continued)
ChrisFoley
I was all set to nominate him for "that guy"
Click to view attachment

but Mary and I decided that would be like throwing salt into a wound.
Click to view attachment

We had a great time driving around the lake and trying to find the things we were supposed to photograph.
Click to view attachment

Mary got distracted by the interesting scenery though.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

After the rally we decided to go out for a nice dinner and discovered Evans American Gourmet Cafe. That place was excellent. A top notch place you would never suspect from the outside. We even drove by it without noticing it there at first. There were only about 10 tables in the dining room.
When we got back to the hotel I was too stuffed and inebriated to sleep so I walked out back to the parking lot where McMark was trying hard to get Jamie's Creamsicle to start. I was sure after the fuel lines in the engine compartment were switched the right way around that the last hurdle had been cleared but I guess not, since it still wouldn't fire the next morning.

Mary and I really wanted to spend some time together outdoors so we went on a nice hike near the lake. We took the Rubicon Trail from Bliss State Park over to Emerald Bay.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

(continued)
ChrisFoley
We had a really good time. The weather and the scenery were fantastic.
When we hike in the White mountains we are often above tree line, at the same elevations where we encountered giant pines and redwoods in the Sierras.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It was a warm day but in some places the snow still went right down to the lake shore.
Click to view attachment

Looking back at the hillside we were hiking on a few minutes earlier.
Click to view attachment

We started at an elevation of around 6500 ft and went right down to the lake.
Click to view attachment

Along the way we encountered some cool flora and fauna.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and when we got to Emerald Bay we had a different view of the Castle on the Lake tea house.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

(continued)
ChrisFoley
A Sternwheeler tour boat came into the bay while we were there.
Click to view attachment

Not quite sure what this was but it looks cool anyway - a fungus of some kind I guess.
Click to view attachment

Mary was uncomfortable with me driving on the twisty road back from the state park. Little did she know what was in store for Saturday. unsure.gif
Click to view attachment

She was a little too anxious to take pictures during the Monitor Pass portion of our drive but managed to take some pictues of the open spaces around us in the mountains.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
When we left Sunday morning we took one last look back at where we had been.
Click to view attachment

Then we headed for wine country for our last scheduled stop.
Just before we got to Napa we saw this Lotus on the highway.
Click to view attachment

I didn't even see this statue.
Click to view attachment

We went to the V. Sattui winery which Janell Whitesell recommended.
I'm glad we went there. It was a very nice place with excellent wine and they don't ship to Connecticut so I bought a case.
Click to view attachment

and the place we really went there for was
Click to view attachment

The wine tasting room was exactly as I remembered it from 16 years ago.
The wines they produce are truly impressive and I couldn't resist getting a case there too. I guess I don't have to go racing this year. blink.gif

We had just enough time for one last stop. I thought we should go to Sonoma for dinner and we found this place downtown called The Girl and the Fig. It was a nice way to cap off a very special trip to someplace we may not get to again for a long time.
And on the way back to the airport I found out exactly where Infineon (Sears Point) Raceway is.
biosurfer1
Thanks for coming Chris and excellent photo's!

What a coincidence you picked Sattui to visit, one of the guys at WCR (Justin) got married there about a year and a half ago!
RoadGlue
Great photos and fun story to go along with it. Thanks for sharing!
TROJANMAN
idea.gif Is there a message here?

IPB Image

IPB Image

See you on Saturday Mike? blink.gif sheeplove.gif

biggrin.gif
KELTY360
Might want to have the Dr. wear a cowbell.

new_shocked.gif

Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
When there is alcohol around, he tends to want to hump something! Especially when theres a bon fire and a guitar around! blink.gif
bdstone914
Ok,my turn to post a couple of pictures.

I thought this Alcohol permit in Markelsville was funny. Are they really going to sell booze out of the out house?

Click to view attachment

bdstone914
And a reflection of a 5 hole gas burner on Paul Sayegh's fender.
ConeDodger
FYI Mr. Foley, we went around the lake counter-clockwise. If we had gone clockwise, I would have had my right signal on! lol-2.gif
VegasRacer
Great Event. beerchug.gif Good friends - clean roads - clear skys

As usual . . . . I took the long way home.
VegasRacer
lakes
VegasRacer
IPB Image
VegasRacer
Service. smash.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 18 2010, 07:10 PM) *

Might want to have the Dr. wear a cowbell.

new_shocked.gif

Click to view attachment

I'd suggest getting some curb feelers attached to the front of his belt so you know when he's coming! dry.gif
........ errr, so to speak!!!! sad.gif

He should at least pay to have Mark's jeans cleaned!!!! blink.gif

Note to self: ...... buy some soap-on-a-rope for next WCR or his "tranny" classes! shades.gif

The good Doc says:
Now Mr. McMark, undo your belt, drop your trousers, bend over the table - elbows on the table please - and ........ snnnnaaaapppppp!!!!! - we'll do a little exam! poke.gif blink.gif

..... We older guys unfortunately know that "doc line" only too well! sad.gif

Jeesh! - no wonder they never got poor Jaimie's LE to start ~ they were far too busy with their own little "Creamsicle Games"!!!! sheeplove.gif

I could go on, but I'm sure others want a shot ..... errr, whatever - at it! lol-2.gif av-943.gif

popcorn[1].gif
Dr Evil
Fortune favors the prepared happy11.gif
RoadGlue
Thanks again for coming up/down/out to Tahoe! All of the photos I took at the event are now located on my site at: http://pixelrandy.zenfolio.com/wcr2010 - They're at full resolution, so most shots are good for prints up to 20 x 30 inches. You can either download the photo(s) and print the photo yourself, or you can choose to print directly through my gallery. The printing is done by Mpix and I've always found their prints to be top-notch. They're located in the mid west, so prints will be mailed to you.

To print from the site, just click on a thumbnail and then let your mouse hover over the left-hand portion of the medium sized photo. You'll see a slide-out menu that will allow you to add the photo to your cart. Likewise, you'll also see the option to download the photo to your computer.

Here are the direct links to the group photos:

Group Photo Without Owners

Group Photo With Owners

Please let me know if you have any questions or need assistance.

Cheers,
bandjoey
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ May 18 2010, 12:28 AM) *

Well, did you clean them? lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.