Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gint just left from my house
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Hawktel
If you get Eric's Transmission, on the 22nd of this month, I'm driving SLC to Vegas, and I can drop it off for you Kris.

I would be going through in the afternoon on Thursday, PM me if you decide on getting it.
weird_looking_cactus
I don't think I need a transmission I still can't get it adjust right to go into third gear but I can go from 1st to 3rd so its drive able now.
Malmz
Just to confirm since you haven't driven a 914 before and it may not have the original shift knob:

R 2 4

| | |

-s---

| | |

1 3 5

Where "s" is springloaded tension at the shifter mechanism.

(hope that shows up ok, I had to edit it a couple times to make it look ok on my screen...)

sm
Gint
OK, let me chime in here now that I have a few minutes. I can tell you guys for sure that Kris's car is definitely running on all 4 cylinders. But Kris, have you checked that fuel pressure yet? You may have more than one problem here. It sounds like your hitting 4th instead of second as Steve suggested. Go find the shift rod adjustment article and follow it step by step.

It sounds like there are a couple of 914club members heading towards your neck of the woods. Have your car ready to drive and let one of them drive it. They have the experience to help you determine what hear your in (or not in).
Gint
LOL - Kris doesn't have a shift knob. Too bad the car was on jackstands and I didn't have more time and get a chance to drive it. Like I said, get someone who knows 914s to go for a quick run with you. They can help.
Bleyseng
This is my car and the shifter is in 1st gear. See where the pattern is and goes. Its sooo easy to shift into 4th if things are mis adjusted.

Geoff
weird_looking_cactus
Ok I have been driving it around for a couple hours today going from 1st to 3rd. For some reason it will go into second gear when its not turn on but once I turn the car on it pop its out of gear and donsn't want to go in. But my car is drive able now before my problem was I was going from first gear to 4th haha but I fixed that.
weird_looking_cactus
I need to replace a couple fuses cause I burn't them .I stuck them in wrong. I can't frind a diagram of how many watts they need to be and what order they need to be. I have already check pelicans to.
Gint
Fuse layout
Malmz
QUOTE(weird_looking_cactus @ Apr 7 2004, 06:31 PM)
I need to replace a couple fuses cause I burn't them .I stuck them in wrong. I can't frind a diagram of how many watts they need to be and what order they need to be. I have already check pelicans to.

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-16-8-16-8-16
Joe Bob
AMPS

Not watts.... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.