Full Version: Early fog light grills in black plastic / "chrome"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
messix
nice!!! smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif
DanT
very nice...just don't work on my '75 with the BBBs
Gint
Sweet! I'm holding out for chrome though.
lotus_65
WOW.
nice.
MDG
Fingers crossed on the chrome working out. If so I'm in!

as always, thanks Mark.
URY914
Can they be gold plated? I'd like them to match my 32" spinners.
SLITS
Pair of Black .... yessir ... pair of black.
mepstein
1 pair please. Mark@MarkEpstein.net

I just bought fogs and my grills are solid so this works out perfectly!
zx-niner
Absolutely! I'm down for a set.
rick 918-S
Mark, I'm really disappointed. I really thought you were making the little rubber heater cable caps.

What a let down.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

KIDDING! lol-2.gif

I'm in for the door lock pre-buy also but can you hold the order and send it when you send the fog light grilles and save shipping charges?

I want two sets of the chrome ones.
arkitect
Tom T.....you have the best pics of this thread.

Dave beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 28 2010, 06:36 PM) *

I know what it is! You decided to make these little rubber caps for the heater cables. shades.gif

already plenty of those available
computers4kids
Shoot, I was hoping you were going to make "light weight" 75/76 bumpers. mad.gif

Way to go Mark on the grills though. smilie_pokal.gif I'll wait for the chrome.
Nürburg Nomad
Wow this is exciting! biggrin.gif Naturally I'll be buying a set as well, I just re-did the whole front end with the new solid rubber bumper top, horns etc but reused the worn original fog light grills only now painted metallic silver for lack of a better option since they were all chipped up!

Now I can make it look 100%! Plus you've priced these very reasonably as always! : )
sww914
This is not what I had hoped for. I was hoping for a folding plastic girlfriend that would fit in the trunk of a teener.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 29 2010, 09:34 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 28 2010, 06:36 PM) *

I know what it is! You decided to make these little rubber caps for the heater cables. shades.gif

already plenty of those available

Cool! I will be in touch!
Mikey914
QUOTE(sww914 @ May 29 2010, 02:01 PM) *

This is not what I had hoped for. I was hoping for a folding plastic girlfriend that would fit in the trunk of a teener.

I'm working on that one, she keeps popping.
SLITS
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 29 2010, 03:44 PM) *

QUOTE(sww914 @ May 29 2010, 02:01 PM) *

I'm working on that one, she keeps popping.

So does his anotomically correct blow-up girlfriend.
Tom_T
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 28 2010, 06:41 PM) *

Yup, that's what it is I know it! Heater cable rubbers!

OE Heater Cable Sleeves in rubber are still available from AA - I just got some recently.

Also, the door lock bushings are old news, been on another post for a week as he worked them out.
Tom_T
QUOTE(arkitect @ May 29 2010, 06:36 AM) *

Tom T.....you have the best pics of this thread.

Dave beerchug.gif

Dave - that's also a reminder of what the center seat/cushion is for ....... the prettiest one! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

.... then you have fun with sloooow shifts into 1st, 3rd & 5th - & just explain that 1st is reeeeaaaly hard to find in a 914! happy11.gif

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Mikey914
Black plastic ones will start shipping this next Friday.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 30 2010, 05:04 PM) *

Black plastic ones will start shipping this next Friday.

Just wanted to post the follow up on this. I've been working on the plating on these and running a few parts through the plating process. We're tweaking the plating as the base adhesion is good, but copper substrate wasn't bonding properly with the nickel. We have a little more work to do on this, and I'm confident that we can make it work, but it's more of a learning curve than we thought. The good news is it 's just a matter of getting the copper properly activated. We'll be playing around with this this next week. But it did cut into my production in time and the few sets that I had planned to ship. I will be contacting all that signed up for these as soon as I have more of the black plastic ones ready. The chrome will be about 2 weeks behind, and I will have the numbers finalized this next week as soon as the process is correct.
montoya 73 2.0
smilie_pokal.gif
Hey Mark,

Put me down on the pre buy for a set black. LMK when they will be worked out.

Ken
MDG
Mark, if the chrome ones end up being a go I'll take 2 sets.
914four
I would like one set of the chrome if they turn out ok.
t collins
Count me in for a set of chrome when available
montoya 73 2.0
any word on the chrome?
Mikey914
Need to do up another test batch. We when with tripple Nickel, but last last one the chemisty looked great until we hit it with cold water. Normally not a problem, but the plastic didn't retain the heat like the metal would have, and it cracked. We need top confirm that if we make a few minor changes we will get waht we want, we also have to perform the adhesion testing,which from what we have done so far looks like it will not be a problem.

The problem here is that I will be on vacation starting the 3rd for about 12 days, and we will be out of town, so unless I can get a set in before I leave there will be a delay.
dem
Is the chromed idea doomed? I have fancy new stainless steel bumpers coming from Vietnam and shabby fog light grills.
Mikey914
No, just my plans keep getting moved around. I have to get these prepped and over to the chroming co, and it requires that I shoot a solvent based sunstrate, so I need to go over to my buddys booth to shoot it (also if it's npt perfectly clean ist shows). He's been too busy when I've had time lately, but I'm hoping to have the substrate shot to do this this week.

-Mark
Mikey914
Well in the long journey, but finishing on these has been figured out. I need to change some of my formulation on the material I use to cast, as the the process uses more heat than planned for, we have a few good sets, but will be doing another run on these now the process is figured out. Next the windshiled trim biggrin.gif

The attached is a picture of the good and the rejects.
I have 7 sets of good ones, and 3 driver's side that turned out.
Mikey914
The rejects
Mikey914
I'll start another GB for these as this thread was pretty old and a few members may not need these.
-Mark
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 11 2012, 02:57 PM) *

I'll start another GB for these as this thread was pretty old and a few members may not need these.
-Mark

HI Mark,

I still need two sets in Chrome - but will take one now and one later to give others a shot at the first sets.

Thanks!!
rick 918-S
I need one set of chrome for the Raspberry car. But if someone needs one right away I can wait til the next batch. I still have one car ahead of it to finish first.
Type 47
I too would be interested in a pair...i'm just starting a resto on my 75' & back dating the bumpers...don't have the fog lights yet...

Do you have these in non fog light grilles? Or maybe I come up with another solution but still want to use the solid bar grille cover.
914coop
I need a set of chrome ones also. I also can wait it the others still need them.

Irv
t collins
I'm still in for a pair of chrome.
Thanks,
Tom
Mikey914
Just on my way to SEA for 3 days in the Sim. I'll post more tomorrow as it will be about 24 hrs before I get some down time.
I'll make these available in order of response.
I'll also post more.
edrotol
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 11 2012, 03:06 PM) *

Just on my way to SEA for 3 days in the Sim. I'll post more tomorrow as it will be about 24 hrs before I get some down time.
I'll also post more.

I would like to be in for three (3) sets of chrome. Thanks.
mharmon
I'll take a chrome set
clapeza
I'm in for a set in chrome.
dem
I'd take a set of chrome just as a spare. I think alllllllll the shiny parts of our cars are going to get more and more rare.

Also an opportunity would be the speednuts to hold them on if you can source some zinc or stainless. I ended up using some crappy black oxide ones dremmeled down.
SUNAB914
I'd be in for a set of chrome.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 11 2012, 02:06 PM) *

I'll also post more.

Nice job on these Mark! smile.gif

Have fun in the sim - which a/c are you doing there? ... 787?? shades.gif
poke.gif biggrin.gif
bigkensteele
I'm in for a set of chrome.
ConeDodger
I will take some chrome ones hand-delivered, which I will pay for with a great burger and some microbrew plus the group buy cost. biggrin.gif
SLITS
1 black, 1 chrome set if you would please.
campbellcj
I would like 1 pair of black please.

Thanks,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.