Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: John Walkers Porsche Swap meet in Seattle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JRust
Here is a link to his thread on Pelican
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...et-aug-7th.html

I'm just curious who plans to attend. Not real sure of the turn out & if I should bother loading up a bunch of parts to sell. Also if you are going is there anything I should bring for you confused24.gif . Just deciding if I should make a whole weekend out of the BBQ or not.

If I do come up for the swap meet. I'm going to bored as hell after. Anyone up for a Mariners game that night? Or a round of golf? I'm open to golf on Sunday morning too biggrin.gif . If not I may just drive up Sunday for the BBQ. Which I am looking forward to. Despite not being able to drive a 914 up sad.gif
Root_Werks
We usually stop in and hang out for a while. Buy a couple of things etc.

Pretty casual and fun event.

No Mariners for me, Seafair! drunk.gif
PeeGreen 914
sad.gif Sounds like a fun weekend up here. I know I will be having fun at the National Tour but I'd love to be at both piratenanner.gif .
messix
i think i'll swing by the swt meet, but i've got a wedding to go to late afternoon.

jmmotorsports
I am going to be there. Got 911 and 914 stuff to sell. 914 seats,back pads,new carpet kit and other stuff. 21 mm T bars.

Jerry

mstein95
Hey Jamie -

I've been to a couple of JW swap meets - there are usually a dozen or so guys there selling stuff and a few buyers - lot of lookers. I bought some stuff from Rich last time I was there.

I think I'll be driving up Sunday morning for the picnic.
PanelBilly
I'll be going. Think I'll go back to the garage in the afternoon and work on putting the interior in the blue car. If you want to come help (or drink and make comments) your welcome to join me
jmmotorsports
I did real well with my 914 stuff last year. Hope to do the same this year.

Jerry
JRust
I thought maybe I'd bring some misc 914 parts. Along with some 4-lug wheels & 5 lug wheels. I've got a few sets to choose from & it would be nice to clear some out. One set of cookie cutters, one set of 996/993 wheels, a single nice 16x7 chrome fuch , A nice set of 4-lug empi's, set of Riviera's, some 4-lug BBS look wheels that are pretty nice. I think I have another set of 5-lug wheels too. I need to go down & sort through them.

I'm not opposed to helping wiht the interior Billy. I'll need something to do & deosn't look like anyone is interested in the game. Or golf which surprises me. Everyone sounds pretty busy though. I just need to decide when I am going to leave. Probably need to head up friday night so I can be there early to set up. Need to find a hotel that is kind of centralized for everything too. Any suggestions confused24.gif
PanelBilly
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 3 2010, 07:16 PM) *

I thought maybe I'd bring some misc 914 parts. Along with some 4-lug wheels & 5 lug wheels. I've got a few sets to choose from & it would be nice to clear some out. One set of cookie cutters, one set of 996/993 wheels, a single nice 16x7 chrome fuch , A nice set of 4-lug empi's, set of Riviera's, some 4-lug BBS look wheels that are pretty nice. I think I have another set of 5-lug wheels too. I need to go down & sort through them.

I'm not opposed to helping wiht the interior Billy. I'll need something to do & deosn't look like anyone is interested in the game. Or golf which surprises me. Everyone sounds pretty busy though. I just need to decide when I am going to leave. Probably need to head up friday night so I can be there early to set up. Need to find a hotel that is kind of centralized for everything too. Any suggestions confused24.gif

I'd offer a place to crash, but its not my house. I'd hit up Expedia
Zaney
I thought I would ask if anyone would be bringing to sell:

Set of transmission mounting hardware for a 901. (minus the mounts and Suby stuff happy11.gif )
IPB Image

Also, two 911 ('75 - '79) 100mm 6-bolt stub axles & two 911 ('69 - '73?) hubs, must have same bearing surface width as the 914 hubs like this thread

If you do please PM me so we can meet up! type.gif

I have a set of Rivieras with good rubber on all tires. If someone is interested I will bring them with me. $200 for all four including center caps and lug nuts plus a free spare! (They are taking up space in my garage!)

I am moving from 4 to 5 lug so, if someone needs four lug stuff let me know too! beer.gif

Cheers!
Nate
Rand
Dudes, arrange a Wingdome lunch after. It's on the same block. Here's some nostalgia for ya from a few years back, right after the JW swap meet. I'm guessing 2006.

Shout outs going around the table to Jenny and hubby (fiance at the time- across the table in front), Morgan, Marc, Dino, Jeff (my son), me, Troy, Dave

Miss you PNW contingents.
70_914

The Pioneer Square Best Western is nice.

I need to buy a engine mount bar for my side shift car... poke.gif

I have tons of crap sitting around, but don't really want to go and set up a booth. dry.gif

My wife has a family event scheduled for who-knows-when, but I would love to meet up with some fellow addicts for dinner and drinks. Will check with my personal assistant and try to get approval for Porsche shenanigans.

Kevin
KELTY360

You could crash at my place Jamie. I'm right off 405 at the north edge of Renton. Not exactly central to the weekends activities, but it's free.
PanelBilly
WINGDOME! They also serve Mac&Jack, I'm in
KELTY360
QUOTE(Rand @ Aug 3 2010, 10:32 PM) *

Dudes, arrange a Wingdome lunch after. It's on the same block. Here's some nostalgia for ya from a few years back, right after the JW swap meet. I'm guessing 2006.

Shout outs going around the table to Jenny and hubby (fiance at the time- across the table in front), Morgan, Marc, Dino, Jeff (my son), me, Troy, Dave

Miss you PNW contingents.

Hey Rand, howya doin? Great pic! I remember that day....Troy and Dino had an epic battle of wits blink.gif Do you remember who won? stirthepot.gif
mstein95
Thanks for the pic Rand.

As a non-Seattleite - how hard is it going to be driving through Seattle enroute to Edmonds while Sea Fair is going on?

Recommendations?
70_914
QUOTE(mstein95 @ Aug 4 2010, 09:39 AM) *

Thanks for the pic Rand.

As a non-Seattleite - how hard is it going to be driving through Seattle enroute to Edmonds while Sea Fair is going on?

Recommendations?

Check the traffic cams before you leave, plan to take 405.
PeeGreen 914
Actually, both should be fine. I'd stay on I-5 going to Walkers but I would do 405 to the BBQ (a little smoother road since they have finished all the paving.)
KELTY360
QUOTE(mstein95 @ Aug 4 2010, 09:39 AM) *

Thanks for the pic Rand.

Recommendations?

I think I-5 should be fine on Sunday. The crowd for the hydro races is a pretty early arriving group to get a good spot on the shore. Might get a little slowdown from Boeing Field to I-90 but after that it should be clear. I wouldn't worry about it. Look forward to seeing you Morgan.
JRust
Weekend is looking great. biggrin.gif

I am sure I have an extra Sideshift engine bar if you need me to bring one up Kevin.
Going to stat sifting through things tonight to figure out what to bring up. I'm going to keep it pretty simple. Half considered bringing up a roller but I'll be damned if I am dragging it back home sad.gif . So I will just load up wheels, nice set of seats & othe misc that won't annoy me to bad if it comes back home with me. See you all soon aktion035.gif
Daiberl
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 4 2010, 01:07 PM) *

I am sure I have an extra Sideshift engine bar if you need me to bring one up Kevin.
Going to stat sifting through things tonight to figure out what to bring up. I'm going to keep it pretty simple. Half considered bringing up a roller but I'll be damned if I am dragging it back home sad.gif . So I will just load up wheels, nice set of seats & othe misc that won't annoy me to bad if it comes back home with me. See you all soon aktion035.gif

Sounds good, don't forget my parts smile.gif As mentioned you can stop by on Friday, I live 10 minutes away from Kelty a few minutes of I-405.
JRust
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Aug 4 2010, 01:20 PM) *

Sounds good, don't forget my parts smile.gif As mentioned you can stop by on Friday, I live 10 minutes away from Kelty a few minutes of I-405.

I got you covered. I have all the parts you needed biggrin.gif PM me your address. I will see about coming friday night. Kind of leaning towards leaving real early saturday. In which case we will have to meet at the swap or the BBQ. I'm trying to get it all figured out tonight. I'll have my plans set tommorow & let you know.

Anyone up there that needs to get ahold of me- Jamie 5four1 - 5one0 - zero08six
Daiberl
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 4 2010, 02:29 PM) *

I got you covered. I have all the parts you needed biggrin.gif PM me your address. I will see about coming friday night. Kind of leaning towards leaving real early saturday. In which case we will have to meet at the swap or the BBQ. I'm trying to get it all figured out tonight. I'll have my plans set tommorow & let you know.

Anyone up there that needs to get ahold of me- Jamie 5four1 - 5one0 - zero08six

PM with address sent, see you on Friday or Saturday.
msglaigaie
I saw this and it looks like a great idea. Lori and I will be going down to participate in our first North West 914 Event. I will spend the next two days loading up the van with excess 914 parts. Lori tells me that anything not actually attached to the 914 is excess and should go live at someone elses house. So, the injector set, air dams, lights, rear brake set, fenders, and any thing else Herself designates will be going with us to Seattle. Wings to eat after?? Will there be Beer?? Like the Russian guy says, "I jump in it!"
KELTY360
QUOTE(msglaigaie @ Aug 5 2010, 08:23 AM) *

I saw this and it looks like a great idea. Lori and I will be going down to participate in our first North West 914 Event. I will spend the next two days loading up the van with excess 914 parts. Lori tells me that anything not actually attached to the 914 is excess and should go live at someone elses house. So, the injector set, air dams, lights, rear brake set, fenders, and any thing else Herself designates will be going with us to Seattle. Wings to eat after?? Will there be Beer?? Like the Russian guy says, "I jump in it!"

Hey Sarge, with all the loot you earn at the swap meet, you should spend the night in Seattle and come to the BBQ in Edmonds on Sunday. Be great to meet you.
JRust
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 5 2010, 08:26 AM) *

Hey Sarge, with all the loot you earn at the swap meet, you should spend the night in Seattle and come to the BBQ in Edmonds on Sunday. Be great to meet you.

agree.gif Make a weekend out of it. That is my plan biggrin.gif
msglaigaie
Kelty, what a guy. I have been lurking around WA state for about seven or so years. It is about time that I hooked up with the Puget Sound Teeners. Herself and I have a prior on Sunday, but I believe we will be able to make the next one. As for the loot, I do not expect to make any bucks off parts. I AM looking for a set of 4lugs in a 15" 7Front/10Rear or suitable substitution. maybe an outside long reinforcement for my starboard side. Mostly we want to just participate in something 914. I hope to meet you there.
Mr.242
Repeat of PNW BBQ comment:

I can't attend due to working till 4a and needing sleep. I also need to use Saturday as a prep day for the BBQ on Sunday. It's killing me not to go because I have some extra funds and it's burning a hole in my pocket.

I NEED: 2-Cookie Cutter Rims 15x6. I have cash and obviously will be at the BBQ on Sunday. If someone can find a decent set at a decent price I would be interested!

my cell: 50H9.5FIVE3.9246 Text or call me if you think we can work a deal for your time. I work 6p-4a thru Sat. so feel free to call late. I'm awake.

Enjoy and see some of you on Sunday!

Mark
JRust
I'll keep my eyes open for some 15x6 Cookie cutters (2) Marc. I'll be heading up friday night & am bringing my son along. Going to be a great weekend biggrin.gif
LONNIE914
i would love to come to this.i just dont know were to go. we are not familiar with seattle.if any one could help me with this it will save hrs of arguing.maybe even a marriage.
sixnotfour
http://www.phinneycenter.org/directions.shtml
make it a second honeymoon and hit the 914 picnic sunday
70_914

Yes I need a side shift engine bar, unless you are charging "Porsche money"...

biggrin.gif
70_914
QUOTE(msglaigaie @ Aug 5 2010, 08:23 AM) *

I need one of these. Stock, flex, LE? Whatcha got? What kind of money do I need to bring? I like the looks of the flex dam or LE dam, but my car has no front air dam so anything works at this point...

Kevin
JRust
QUOTE(70_914 @ Aug 5 2010, 08:51 PM) *

biggrin.gif

How's $25 sound. I just need to go dig around to find it. Along with all the other highly sought after parts I have rolleyes.gif
70_914
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 5 2010, 09:37 PM) *

QUOTE(70_914 @ Aug 5 2010, 08:51 PM) *

biggrin.gif

How's $25 sound. I just need to go dig around to find it. Along with all the other highly sought after parts I have rolleyes.gif

Sounds perfect!
dinomium
too bad I will be working, the wife would have loved to see another F150 sized load of 914 parts go away...
JRust
Well I booked a Hotel. Staying at the Sea Tac Value inn. It's in Des Moines but doesn't look to far out of the way. Just a little south. I also scored a sweet pair of seats on Craigslist for the Mariners game Saturday night. 16th row behind the home base drooley.gif .

Now I am off to the basement to start dragging out parts idea.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 6 2010, 06:49 AM) *

Well I booked a Hotel. Staying at the Sea Tac Value inn. It's in Des Moines but doesn't look to far out of the way. Just a little south. I also scored a sweet pair of seats on Craigslist for the Mariners game Saturday night. 16th row behind the home base drooley.gif .

Now I am off to the basement to start dragging out parts idea.gif

Have you been to Safeco Field before? Great place to watch baseball. I always do a 'lap' around the concourse during the game so I can watch from all the different angles. Be sure to go down to the bullpens for an up close look.
Root_Werks
Since I've decided to go the FI route on my 914, I'll be looking for a couple of odds and ends myself.
JRust
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 6 2010, 07:37 AM) *

Since I've decided to go the FI route on my 914, I'll be looking for a couple of odds and ends myself.

I'll throw whatever spares FI I have. Don't think I have much 2.0 left. May have a computer, Air cleaner box I know I have, Some intake runners. Not sure if any of it will help you but you can look through it
Root_Werks
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 6 2010, 08:06 AM) *

I'll throw whatever spares FI I have. Don't think I have much 2.0 left. May have a computer, Air cleaner box I know I have, Some intake runners. Not sure if any of it will help you but you can look through it

Doing the L-Jet thing, intake runners might be nice since the bolt pattern is different.
JRust
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 6 2010, 08:24 AM) *

Doing the L-Jet thing, intake runners might be nice since the bolt pattern is different.

I may have just the ticket. I had a bastard child FI on a 2.0 motor I got. I think it was mostly 1.8 on it including the runners. Although they screwed with the holes to bolt it up. I'll throw it in just in case.
KELTY360

What are you looking for Dan. I've got some Ljet piecies.

JRust
Ooh! Marc has you covered there. I'm sure they are better then the set of runners I have
Root_Werks
Marc, I picked up a 74' LJet system from Rich last night. It's the 6 wire, not the 7-wire more what I wanted. But it'll work.

The diff on 914's is 74- 6-wire and 75- 7-wire.

Watcha got Marc? I might pick it up off you anyway just for spares or get the system I really want.

I'll be at the swap meet in the morning. If your going, bring it.

Troy, if you're going, can you bring your 914? I need some parts....I mean some pictures of your L-Jet.

happy11.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 6 2010, 08:51 AM) *

Troy, if you're going, can you bring your 914? I need some parts....I mean some pictures of your L-Jet.

happy11.gif

av-943.gif You could always trade him some interior parts. shades.gif

I don't know what year the Ljet is from. I'll bring it tomorrow and you can see for yourself.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 6 2010, 09:28 AM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 6 2010, 08:51 AM) *

happy11.gif

av-943.gif You could always trade him some interior parts. shades.gif

I don't know what year the Ljet is from. I'll bring it tomorrow and you can see for yourself.

Cool, the more research I do on the 74' L-Jet, the more worthless I find it to be. I don't have the option of switching out for 912E AFM or ECU unless I have the 7-pin system of the 75' 914 1.8.
Root_Werks
More info for those who might need it:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/1874167569.html

JRust
Okay I am all loaded with one exception. I could not track down the side shift engine mount sad.gif . Sorry man I am sure I have one but I couldn't find it. Other than that my Excursion is full. I have 4 complete sets of wheels besides other misc parts. Looking forward to seeing you all there biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.