Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 Build-off Done: JUNE 2012
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Mr.242
QUOTE(NORD @ Dec 7 2011, 06:14 PM) *

You asked last Summer; 2002 VW Reflex Silver santa_smiley.gif

The only Silver brighter is Volvo Silver but Volvos paint fades and peels. Go to a dealer that has Euro cars in silver and compare. santa_smiley.gif

Car is in Primer...need to pick a silver. I want one that is bright silver. Input please.... I know the pros/cons of 'original sixes' should not have change. I believe with the non-matching engine #. The car was only original ONE time and that was when new. The next owner can do concours if they wish....I am not. I plan on driving this car and it will be my Thusday night date car with my wife. A Saturday Autocross car and a tool that is used in my garage. (no I don't loan out

I'm going with 'THIS IS MY CAR and I want this' position. However, I'm not doing a color change. I just want a nice silver to mimic.

Give me some ideas. I like Lexus Silver, 2006 Subaru Silver, even the new VW Silver.

Thanks and Happy Holidays. Merry Christmas everyone! santa_smiley.gif
Krieger
Last year I was looking at silvers for my 6 and I really liked what Nissan and Chrysler had on their lots. Both are very bright. I wonder if the Lexus you like is the same as Nissans?
Krieger
Oh, I went with a satin metalic silver. It looks like my car is made out of aluminum that was glass beaded.
Mr.242
First pictures of Paint coming back now.... biggrin.gif Thanks Jerry!! beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment shades.gif gotta wear shades for the *BLING*

Click to view attachmentshades.gif too bad most of this will be coverd by trim.

Click to view attachment piratenanner.gif Jerry simply does great work and knows these cars. drooley.gif

As soon as the TAX return comes in... I will be buying huge amounts of parts to finish this project! happy11.gif
Cairo94507
Looking very good beer.gif
6freak
think n the black rockers and valance`s would look nice ..like really shiny black..but then again ....

Nice work Jerry smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 3 2012, 04:13 PM) *

think n the black rockers and valance`s would look nice ..like really shiny black..but then again ....

Nice work Jerry smile.gif

agree.gif Can't wait to see you rolling at our local events beerchug.gif
6freak
be even better if the old man could shine his 6 up......then we could have 3 roll n to shows and the track,AX ....how cool would that be ....
NORD

That is looking good! first.gif

Now it can start going back together. You must be excided smilie_pokal.gif

driving.gif
Mr.242
I am very excited. I think as the pieces go back together, my bank account will go down. I have a loving wife who wants this done by this spring beerchug.gif

She will drive it too! driving-girl.gif
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif I hope my wife will drive my 914 someday.
sixnotfour
Looks Fantastic !!

What silver is that ?

when you get it complete you have it wrapped in GREEN av-943.gif
Mr.242
Color: 2011-2012 VW-Audi "Ice Silver Metalic"

piratenanner.gif Cannot wait to see the entire car done in this color. It will be a bit much until I start placing the black accents against it. I will be placing the black vinyl on the Targa Bar.

Also I will toy around with more gloss paint on the valances as well. I am a long way from having those installed....
Mr.242
First pictures coming in on paint on the outside....

Thank Jerry for the work and proffessional job. I will see it in person tomorrow and a fly through on a business trip to Vancouver, WA.

Click to view attachment drooley.gif

Click to view attachment w00t.gif

It will be a fun time putting this thing back together. I need to win the bet and have it done by end of June. Shooting for a tad sooner so I can enjoy the spring weather driving. PNW guys have some cool events I need to join.

Might have to have PNW Build weekend so I can just get it finished!
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Feb 8 2012, 06:26 PM) *

First pictures coming in on paint on the outside....

Thank Jerry for the work and proffessional job. I will see it in person tomorrow and a fly through on a business trip to Vancouver, WA.

Click to view attachment drooley.gif

Click to view attachment w00t.gif

It will be a fun time putting this thing back together. I need to win the bet and have it done by end of June. Shooting for a tad sooner so I can enjoy the spring weather driving. PNW guys have some cool events I need to join.

Might have to have PNW Build weekend so I can just get it finished!

That color is drop-dead beautiful! Congrats smilie_pokal.gif
JRust
A work party with all those knuckleheads in Seattle. Man I wouldn't trust those guys with my car screwy.gif

Oh wait I already have more than once. Your in good hands my friend. I'd be happy to come up & hand you tools shades.gif
Mr.242
Thanks Guys....I'm very excited to be at this stage. It's been a long time of ownership with only 2 miles driven on this. I certainly need more.
AZ914
That looks really great! Can't wait to see it come together.
6freak
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Feb 3 2012, 08:04 PM) *

piratenanner.gif I hope my wife will drive my 914 someday.

I hope you will poke.gif ...let alone your wife smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
dry.gif
Mr.242
Got the FUCHS back tonight piratenanner.gif

Need to get some black paint on them....doing something a bit different on these than what is typically done. Partially becasue it will be different and mostly because the polisher didn't follow my directions very well.

So here they are right now:
Click to view attachment
JRust
I vote for blacked out centers with polished lip! The center cap looks good blacked out or polished. With your silver man that will look kick ass. Not a fan of polished wheels on silver cars. Thats just me though as I would do painted bumpers over chrome too poke.gif .
Mr.242
Polish is done. Will paint smaller portion around lugs out to the opening. So I will do some black on 'em.

something like this.... (excuse the poor effort, but I used MS Paint to mock up)
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Very nice!
Socalandy
Looks beautiful!!! The fun is about to start installing all your shinny bits cool.gif

Im shooting for Sept. on mine and I cant wait for the painting stage
Mr.242
The car is now back in my garage and a few parts went on today. Here is the NEWLY painted battery tray and hell hole.

piratenanner.gif biggrin.gif

Before -------------------------------------------------> After
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

And my newphew Sam (6freaks son) and I ready to load the car up. Click to view attachment
6freak
you will be lost in the garage for months now smash.gif
NORD

I like that color agree.gif

I'm fond of Silver though see avatar driving.gif
Cairo94507
That silver looks beautiful.

OK, I know I will be slaughtered for this, I love silver with the dark red leather interior. It is a classic combination and looks timeless. Yeah I know our cars never came in dark red leather. Just saying.
6freak
More then happy to help you get Lucky Bro lol-2.gif
Mr.242
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 19 2012, 11:54 AM) *

EEESSSH...fill in the rest of the story. I'm leaning toward naming my car LUCKY.

LUCKY to have it, LUCKY to drive it, and Who doesn't want to get LUCKY?
6freak
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Feb 19 2012, 06:11 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 19 2012, 11:54 AM) *

EEESSSH...fill in the rest of the story. I'm leaning toward naming my car LUCKY.

LUCKY to have it, LUCKY to drive it, and Who doesn't want to get LUCKY?

Just make n um think....I knew you would fill in the gap`s
kwlane
Good luck with your car, that is pressure for sure. Like to see it or help if need be since local.
bcheney
The new paint looks awesome...love those before and after pics! Keep up the momentum with your project.
dakotaewing
Any more pics / updates? Would love to see this car in the sunlight!
Mr.242
My wheel polisher didn't quite do what I had asked on my wheels, so I told him to stop and I wanted to do a mock up on a wheel. Crappy cell phone pic, but here's the result:

Click to view attachment

Wife loves the look, so I think I'll run 'em this way for awhile. I always can mount up the Cookie Cutters. Will get new lugs too.
Mr.242
I haven't worked on the car for about 6 weeks. I've been working on testing and moving up in rank at work. Therefore, reading and studying. Written test is tehe 11th of April.

I'll be in the garage on April 12th. I've already taken the first two weeks of May off, so that is when a ton of work will be done.

This sunny day in Seattle made me sad that it isn't done! evilgrin.gif
Mr.242
Doing some install of parts and waiting for a few in the mail to finish.

Good Times!
Click to view attachment

A bit more...
Click to view attachment
championgt1
wub.gif Looking good!
Mr.242
I tackled the Targa vinyl tonite.
Click to view attachment

Engine Cover
Click to view attachment
Mr.242
Also cleaned up the relay board cover and I dropped the bumpers off to be re-chromed. Will be done next week sometime. I'm thinking Cinco de Mayo will have me drinking some beers looking at new chrome. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment
6freak
I hope you indexed that oil filter console blink.gif .....engine lid on before engines in slap.gif ...other then that, shoot your kick n butt ...ya dont need me poke.gif ...yet lol-2.gif
Mr.242
QUOTE(6freak @ Apr 25 2012, 10:07 AM) *

.....engine lid on before engines in slap.gif ...

Yeah, because my ratchet only works one direction? WTF.gif Taking off 2 bolts is SOOOO HARD. Someone help me pray.gif
Mr.242
Back glass in, seat back in, seat in...waiting for parts.
Click to view attachment
Mr.242
Newly chromed rear bumper! Seattle sun pouring onto my car...BLING!
Click to view attachment
Mr.242
Mounted up some Nitto-Gen 205/50/15's on the custom painted & polished FUCHS. (custom because the polisher didn't follow my directions)
Click to view attachment
Mr.242
Got the bumpers mounted, tail lights in, and rear trunk lid mounted. piratenanner.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mr.242
Spoiler mounted to give it a completed look and feel. Not comitted to using it. Front valence is still getting finish work.
SEE POST #109: I'm going to use the original metal valence. NOT this ----> Click to view attachment
Mr.242
Windshield Installed. smile.gif This gives so much character to the car and gives it a more complete look.

On task for the 3 day Memorial Day weekend:
-BBQ ribs and chicken as I install parts (low and slow)
-Clean, paint, and install valence and rockers 60% done. Just recieved passenger side. Front installed. Driver side needs fastners and oil tank finalized to be 100% sure oil tank is NOT coming out again.
-Oil tank (clean area and install)
-refresh relay board 93% done, drying rubber coating
-finish passenger headlight (thanks JRUST for the parts)
-clean area above the transmission
-install new fuel lines
-install door hardware and glass
-install lots of new 914rubber
-repair,clean, and paint targa must redo
-install new cables (gas, clutch, speedo)
-install e-brake cables
-mount up new targa 914rubber
-prep engine bay for engine
- other random items I stumble into....
-DRINK A BEER after the work is done. beer.gif Haven't even had one this weekend...not sure why, just not feeling it confused24.gif

AND remember what Memorial Day weekend is about. Thanks to the veterans who gave their life and served for our country. I am thankful for the freedom to choose and enjoy my little 914. Thank You.
effutuo101
Beautiful work! Looking forward to seeing her in person!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.