Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GPR/West Coast Garage BBQ/Open House/Super Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
hwgunner
QUOTE(Borderline @ Sep 16 2010, 03:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 16 2010, 12:34 PM) *

This should be a great event. I could not make it on the 18th, but did go to meet Jonathan and Mark last weekend. 4 hours from my house in San Ramon (Norcal - East bay) and the same coming back. You south bay guys can make it in a little more than 3 hrs.

Jonathan gave me a personal tour of their shop and a superb deal on some 914 parts. He is loaded wwith parts and very generous in his pricing. For anyone that can go and is only thinking about it, be assured it will be well worth your time. You only have yourself to blame if you don't leave there with more than you came. The food will be a big plus!

Jeff, so what stuff did you come away with? I bet you got all the stuff I wanted. sad.gif

Sorry I couldn't make it last Sat, but they got food this weekend! I'll be there! biggrin.gif

Jeff got a whole lotta copper. beer.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 16 2010, 01:16 PM) *

I don't have internet at the new house yet, so I have to post from here at work. sad.gif

I thought about taking everyone to Jocko's, but probably wouldn't be able to get us in as a large group. dry.gif What about Klondike's Pizza? McKlintock's in Pismo? I'd like to think of something unique to our area, not necessarily a steak place, and not a fast-food place.

We could do something on Friday AND on Saturday. drunk.gif

I have been thinking about Klondikes Pizza since Mark mentioned it earlier. That is where I am going at 7pm.

2059 S Broadway-- In the shopping center on the other side from Kragen. beerchug.gif
hwgunner
Have a set of Steel Flares that will be on sale at the BBQ. Cash and Carry! beerchug.gif
sww914
Car's all clean (not that you could tell) and I'm hungry for dead animals. See you on Saturday!
Pizza at Klondike's on Fri? Time?
Have they swept the floor yet?
hwgunner
QUOTE(sww914 @ Sep 16 2010, 11:00 PM) *

Car's all clean (not that you could tell) and I'm hungry for dead animals. See you on Saturday!
Pizza at Klondike's on Fri? Time?
Have they swept the floor yet?

7pm and no they have not swept the floor yet! you'll be right at home! beerchug.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Sep 16 2010, 05:22 PM) *

I have been thinking about Klondikes Pizza since Mark mentioned it earlier. That is where I am going at 7pm.

2059 S Broadway-- In the shopping center on the other side from Kragen. beerchug.gif

Jonathan, do they have Moose meat pizza? biggrin.gif

If we make it up to SM in time after a check in at Jaluma Beach, we may swing by the shop, otherwise we may just stay tonite & eat at the campsite......or maybe not?

My son Michael has never seen my 73 2L running - i.e.: he's never rode in one, let alone driven one - so he's a "914 virgin" - so this should be interesting for him & a last hurrah before he goes off to Army Basic in January! biggrin.gif

He's help to push mine & the red racer shell in & out of the garage with me plenty of times though over the past year! lol-2.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 17 2010, 08:48 AM) *

If we make it up to SM in time after a check in at Jaluma Beach, we may swing by the shop, otherwise we may just stay tonite & eat at the campsite......or maybe not?

My son Michael has never seen my 73 2L running - i.e.: he's never rode in one, let alone driven one - so he's a "914 virgin" - so this should be interesting for him & a last hurrah before he goes off to Army Basic in January! biggrin.gif

He's help to push mine & the red racer shell in & out of the garage with me plenty of times though over the past year! lol-2.gif

No Moose meat but the do have Reindeer Sausage!! beerchug.gif
underthetire
A little off topics I guess, and I do appreciate the gloves with every order, but I really want a GPR sticker for my tool box.....
hwgunner
QUOTE(underthetire @ Sep 17 2010, 09:02 AM) *

A little off topics I guess, and I do appreciate the gloves with every order, but I really want a GPR sticker for my tool box.....

I might be able to come up with somthing when you are here. Busy getting all the deals ready right now.

Tom_T
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Sep 17 2010, 08:59 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 17 2010, 08:48 AM) *

No Moose meat but the do have Reindeer Sausage!! beerchug.gif

If it's anything like Venison Sausage, I'm in! drooley.gif
markb
QUOTE(underthetire @ Sep 17 2010, 09:02 AM) *

We have a ton of magnets you're welcome to..... biggrin.gif
Cap'n Krusty
If you place 'em on a steel plate, they'll appear to weigh even more .............

The Cap'n
hwgunner
If anyone needs me my cell number is 805-550-eight105

jonathan
markb
Ok, I'm done for the day. piratenanner.gif Time to go home, clean up, and then meet folks at Klondike's at 7. chowtime.gif See you there!
bfrymire
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 17 2010, 04:22 PM) *

Ok, I'm done for the day. piratenanner.gif Time to go home, clean up, and then meet folks at Klondike's at 7. chowtime.gif See you there!

Just got back from the Pizza. Great seeing you guys. and I got a picture. Will post it later.

-- brett
hwgunner
OK, at the shop! Where is everybody?? OOps, forgot, it's still early. beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
See you between 9:30 and 10:00. (With any luck at all) laugh.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Choo forgot the oak ................ I'll get it over to you.

The Cap'n
Tom_T
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Sep 18 2010, 07:42 AM) *

OK, at the shop! Where is everybody?? OOps, forgot, it's still early. beerchug.gif

Jonathan - we got a late start yesterday & were too late for pizza. Holed up at the Rodeway on Broadway & will be over in a while, so save that Beige backpad for me! smile.gif

Cap'n - Michael was able to come up, so we're good for the Jetta but won't be heading south until Monday (or maybe Tuesday if we play hookie one more day). driving.gif driving.gif

Tom
///////
dw914er
came down with a cold last night... absolutely rubbish timing sad.gif
Cap'n Krusty
There weren't all that many folks here today, so we pigged on grilled stuff and talked about the rest of you. Slits, Elyut, and I are old enough to do that, and boy, are we grumpy! If your ears aren't burning, they should be ........................... Remember, snoozers are losers! Still a lot of good, and not so good, used stuff. I'm gone all next week, but anyone wanting to make the trip up (or down, or over) here in 2 weeks can pretty much steal any 914 stuff left.

The Cap'n
qa1142
Load up the RV and trailer and vacation to Chicago. We will buy some beerchug.gif

How come you Calf guy never come out here to have sales? poke.gif
Cap'n Krusty
I'm sorry, I never even THOUGHT of driving 2000 miles, each way, towing a rental trailer, to deliver your FREE stuff! I'm a really selfish guy, I guess .................... Maybe Slits'll do it? Or maybe not.

There, just a lil' touch of krustiness. It's all I had left over after talking about you all afternoon (in the 70 degree dry weather, with just a light breeze ......................).

The Cap'n
race914
It was great seeing everyone today. Some old friends, and some for the first time. It was great getting the chance to associate more real people with familiar screen names!

Got some cool stuff, and the BBQ was fantastic!

Big Thanks to Jonathan & Mark!!

Click to view attachment
qa1142
Well, I am sorry I could not be there or RRC, or WCC hissyfit.gif

I think our headqtrs is moving to SD from Chicago, but I won't be asked to move, and without a package not likely I will move.

Always sounds like a great group beerchug.gif

Hope our paths cross someday
Borderline
Yes, I made the trek down even knowing that Greg (race914) was going to be there. poke.gif At least he brought his lovely wife, Tricia, and her beautiful 914-6. It was great meeting everyone especially Jonathan and Mark. I made off with some suspension parts an engine case and various other good stuff. Jonathan and Mark gave out some raffle prizes and I won 4 qts of Brad Penn oil, a filter and some valve cover gaskets enough to do a complete oil change!!!

It was great being around 914 people for a change. From now on GPR will be my first call when I need parts.

OBTW, Jonathan, on the way home I remembered I need a a rear oil seal for my new engine build. I'll email you.

Thanks for the great deals and fantastic BBQ.

You guys that didn't make it sure missed out.
hwgunner
Well, it is all over and I would say that it was a big success. Great to meet new people and see see some old friends. Want to thank all the guys that made the trek from the north and the south and the locals. I must also thank Jim and Mike from IMC. Thanks for comming up.

Mark, thank you also. I never would have made it this far without your help.

And last I want to thank my wife, who will never read this but still deserves a big thank you. No one would have had anything to eat if it weren't for her. So, Thank You Jeannie!!!!!!!! beerchug.gif
bfrymire
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Sep 18 2010, 07:16 PM) *

Well, it is all over and I would say that it was a big success. Great to meet new people and see see some old friends. Want to thank all the guys that made the trek from the north and the south and the locals. I must also thank Jim and Mike from IMC. Thanks for comming up.

Mark, thank you also. I never would have made it this far without your help.

And last I want to thank my wife, who will never read this but still deserves a big thank you. No one would have had anything to eat if it weren't for her. So, Thank You Jeannie!!!!!!!! beerchug.gif

Thanks again for the great bbq and sale on parts.

Like borderline, i made off with some great parts at great prices!

I have some picture and will post them later.

Great meeting some more people from 914world and placing a face with the names.

-- brett
Tom_T
agree.gif with all the feedback so far! smile.gif

Being relatively new to the group here (not new to 914s), it was nice to put faces to the screen names & get to know you all a bit more!

I also scored some great deals & porked-out on some great eatz! You snoozers REALLY were the losers.

Greg - we did get in at the Oceana county RV campground on the inland side of 1 tonight, then we'll try Jaluma Beach tomorrow night. Thanx for the tips!

Jonathan, Mark & Cap'n we'll see y'all Monday to pick up the parts & shuttle the Jetta to SM, & big Thanx to you all & Jonathan's wife for the food, advice & parts deals!!!! smile.gif

Cheers All! beerchug.gif

Tom_T from Orange in the OC
///////
JRust
Sounds like a it was a great event. If only I had the time to make the 13 hours drive down sad.gif . I actually wish I could have. Bit to much going on with work to swing it though. Plus I don't need any parts. I'm sure I would find some I just had to have. So better to stay away evilgrin.gif
SLITS
Food was great ... Jonathan & Mark were cutting deals ... a few showed up and we lied about everything. The Cap'N was a real butthead biggrin.gif , so we got along.

I made it back without blowing tires on the overloaded pickup. Have I mentioned how hard it is to find a fuchin' gas station in The Land of The Rich & Famous (Santa Barbara)? Guess the tree huggers find them unsightly and hide them.

I really want the set of B&B .... arrrrrrrrrrgh .... need money!! (And I forgot to ask about the carb setup ... I need new fishing weights).

Oh, Jonathan ... if the MFI setup comes up missing .... I had nothing to do with it!! blink.gif

Build that ass-stompin 6!

Long day .. 18 hours .. Thanks for the conversation(s) and the fun!
jim_hoyland
Thanks Jonathan and Mark, the Santa Maria Bar-B-que was terrific and worth the drive. There are so many parts there, you could do a lot of restoration for very fair $$

Here's the master chef --
jim_hoyland
Steve Willie brought this sleeper hybrid----it was made from two chassis.... smile.gif
jim_hoyland
Greg and Tricia came is a terrfic -6
jim_hoyland
Discussion group......

GPR has a great prices on new stuff too, picked up a OEM oil cooler, saks clutch kit, gasket set, and Pentosine ( for the Boxster )

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.