Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GPR/West Coast Garage BBQ/Open House/Super Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Steve
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 9 2010, 07:13 PM) *

Steve,

I'm going up early Saturday morning in the Boxster.... smile.gif agree.gif this may be the replacement swapmeet for Ventura

Cool!! I will probably take my Acura RSX. More room for parts!! Probably leave at 5am to get there by 9am.
PlaysWithCars
Wow the talk of SLO town, and central coast BBQ drooley.gif Makes me miss going to the Thursday night farmer's market for tri-tip while at CalPoly. Wish I could make it down for the event, sounds like lots of fun.
hot_shoe914
Sure wish you guys weren't 2200 miles or so away. I could sure use some of that BP oil and probably a bunch of other stuff too.

Shoe
hwgunner
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Sep 9 2010, 09:27 PM) *

Wow the talk of SLO town, and central coast BBQ drooley.gif Makes me miss going to the Thursday night farmer's market for tri-tip while at CalPoly. Wish I could make it down for the event, sounds like lots of fun.

You miss Farmers Market? You are showing your age, kiddo. I miss cruising on Thursday nights. driving.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Aug 24 2010, 09:18 PM) *

Mark and I are working our buts off and getting things ready. Spoke to John also and he is doing the same. Found some great stuff today. Got enough brake backing plates to give for to anyone who shows up. Also found about 16 boxes full of wiring harnesses. Lots of suspension and engine parts too. I will take pictures tomorrow to show the progress. Remember, the 18th is the BBQ but you can stop buy any time before that. I am here Monday through Friday from 8-6 and you can call me if you want to come buy on Saturday or Sunday. I will make the time for you. driving.gif

Jim Hoyland told me to contact you, i am looking for a front valance/spoiler for my 75 2.0, - thought u might have one. Please let me know if you do.

Phil Wagner
hwgunner
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 10 2010, 08:12 AM) *

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Aug 24 2010, 09:18 PM) *

Mark and I are working our buts off and getting things ready. Spoke to John also and he is doing the same. Found some great stuff today. Got enough brake backing plates to give for to anyone who shows up. Also found about 16 boxes full of wiring harnesses. Lots of suspension and engine parts too. I will take pictures tomorrow to show the progress. Remember, the 18th is the BBQ but you can stop buy any time before that. I am here Monday through Friday from 8-6 and you can call me if you want to come buy on Saturday or Sunday. I will make the time for you. driving.gif

Jim Hoyland told me to contact you, i am looking for a front valance/spoiler for my 75 2.0, - thought u might have one. Please let me know if you do.

Phil Wagner

Sorry Phil, but I do not have any good front valances at this time. They are all pretty banged up.

jonathan
Jonathan, see you bright and early...and DEAF. Two plus hours of open Weber 48's behind me take their toll.
hwgunner
QUOTE(1970 @ Sep 10 2010, 02:47 PM) *

Jonathan, see you bright and early...and DEAF. Two plus hours of open Weber 48's behind me take their toll.

Look out boys, it may be round but its fast!!

Hey Jim, got any pictures?

jonathan
hwgunner
For you 914-6 guys i have a couple M&K 2 in/1 out mufflers left from the group buy. $625.00 and no shipping (plus tax though). That is $100 off the regular price. beerchug.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Anyone coming up from LA with an empty seat? Or anyone riding up that can drive a car back to Santa Monica? The Cap'n needs a favor .....................

The Cap'n
Tom_T
Seeking camping input for next weekend from you guys up there - shades.gif

which - Gaviota SP or Jalama Beach? confused24.gif

Been to Gaviota years ago camping out of the 914 for the Santa Barbara Rugby Tournament weekends in March/April (70's-80's), but don't know Jalama at all.

BTW - this time my son & I will be in our 88 Westy, so wind not as critical as when in the tent/914. biggrin.gif
hwgunner
I have 2 sets of 914-6 engine tin that will be on special sale to anyone who shows up. Just let me know you saw it here.
EdwardBlume
I'm bummed I can't make it, but good luck with the sale!
Derek Seymour
You could build a few 914's and maybe a 911 or two with the all the used stuff these guys have hanging around.

By the very least you could weld together a nice 1 bedroom studio from their combined collection of body parts.

Wiring harnesses anyone?

Thinking of re-creating burning man out of 914 steering wheels?

For the type 1 lover Cap'n could easily help you make a barge from the fan shrouds adorning his walls.

smile.gif
curt914
Hi TomT

Was just at Gaviota yesterday for a day at the beach (well afternoon)

We have been going there regulary for years.

Regarding camping there, well its not the nicest place to camp, kinda hard packed, good thing you have a camper.
As I drive by the camp spots, its like some of the folks are camping right on asphalt. Cant be, but it sure looks that way. But the beach and pier are great. Such a a nice spot.

Regarding Jalama, beautiful place, really spectacular beach and scenery.
Everyone should see it at least once.
Plus the famous Jalama Burger at the camp store. People drive out just for that.
BTW, its a beautiful drive out there, plan on at least 30 mninutes from the Hiway 1 turnoff.

Campground can be crowded and feel a bit tight as the spaces are clsoe together.
But the real problem is, its first come first served. You cant reserve a spot in advance.
And I bet theres still a good few folks lining up in the morning waiting to get a spot. Kinda hard to plan around if you just have to have a spot.

Hope this info is not too much of a disapointment. dry.gif

regards

Curt

race914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Sep 12 2010, 02:27 PM) *

Seeking camping input for next weekend from you guys up there - shades.gif

which - Gaviota SP or Jalama Beach? confused24.gif

Been to Gaviota years ago camping out of the 914 for the Santa Barbara Rugby Tournament weekends in March/April (70's-80's), but don't know Jalama at all.

BTW - this time my son & I will be in our 88 Westy, so wind not as critical as when in the tent/914. biggrin.gif

Hi Tom,

Here are two camping options in Pismo Beach.

Pismo State Beach North Campground (mostly primitive camp spots)

Pismo Coast Village (Full Hookups) (Cable includes Speed Channel!)

Both are about 25 minutes from the event. Map

Greg

markb
We're starting to try & figure out what the plan ( av-943.gif ) is for the weekend. Who's coming up Friday night? Should we try & get together for dinner/drinks? beer.gif Who is staying Saturday night?
race914
Hey, since this may turn into a first annual California Central Coast Porsche SWAP Meet (oh, I hope so!) Does anyone need a set of 2001 Boxster S front tires?

225-40 ZR 18 BFG -- G Force Sports.

If so let me know. We are planning on driving the 914-6 down, but if anyone needs the tires, I'll get them down to GPR.

Looking forward to Jonathan's BBQ!

Of course, I've already driven by and saw this

IPB Image

Hey, it's a 914 shop....

I bet the Cap'n has the same sign....

Greg
race914
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 14 2010, 10:46 AM) *

We're starting to try & figure out what the plan ( av-943.gif ) is for the weekend. Who's coming up Friday night? Should we try & get together for dinner/drinks? beer.gif Who is staying Saturday night?

Mark,

Tricia and I are up for Fri and/or Sat!

Count us in...

We'll even show up if Borderline attends (hi Bill!)

Greg

Tom_T
Curt & Greg - Thanx for the info.

Gaviota had filled up since I posted that - so I guess we'll give Jalama a try, as I've wanted to for years since a buddy from Lompoc back in college suggested it. Back then IIRC it was rough, no/limited facilities & FREE - but that was the dinosaur ages when 914s were new cars! biggrin.gif

The good thing with a Westy is you can just about park it anywhere & "camp", & block out the wind & much of the close-by "neighbors" while inside. smile.gif

We've done Pismo SPs - both on & off the sand - as well as the little County one at the airport end, but wanted to stay closer to SM & try something new for my son, since it was pre-kids the last time I stayed at El Cap, Gaviota, etc. & we did Carpenteria last summer.

Mark, we'll be up sometime Friday through Monday (camping through Sun nite), & as long as my son sticks with the plan to come up (21 year old - so ya never know!), I'll be giving the Cap'n the assist with his Jetta transport to SM.
hwgunner
check out my vendor page for a few of the new items that will be on sale at the sale. beer3.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=110763
dw914er
Can I come to hang out since I'm a stones throw from the shop? Not exactly sure what I can afford to buy at the moment though
jim_hoyland
I'll be there Sat night; driving back Sunday am
markb
QUOTE(dw914er @ Sep 14 2010, 12:39 PM) *

Can I come to hang out since I'm a stones throw from the shop? Not exactly sure what I can afford to buy at the moment though

I wouldn't say Santa Maria is a stones throw from Cal Poly, but whatever you say. Of course you can come hang out! For you, we offer easy credit terms.... biggrin.gif
Oh yeah, don't turn your back, or we might fill your car with cra...., ah, um, parts. smile.gif
EdwardBlume
TomT - there is (or was) a KOA in Santa Maria just off Broadway on the North side of town....

dw914er
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 14 2010, 01:27 PM) *

QUOTE(dw914er @ Sep 14 2010, 12:39 PM) *

I wouldn't say Santa Maria is a stones throw from Cal Poly, but whatever you say. Of course you can come hang out! For you, we offer easy credit terms.... biggrin.gif
Oh yeah, don't turn your back, or we might fill your car with cra...., ah, um, parts. smile.gif

30 miles is easy smile.gif

I love car parts!!!! w00t.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(RobW @ Sep 14 2010, 01:32 PM) *

TomT - there is (or was) a KOA in Santa Maria just off Broadway on the North side of town....

Thanx Rob - that's my back-up plan, or even a short sleep at the rest stop on the 101 just past/at "the bend" if we get there too late for a spot. IIRC they also have transient overflow at Jaluma, which works fine in the Westy.

Montana de Oro is another favorite of ours if they have spaces, but nothing open this weekend. sad.gif
We may try there for Sun nite?
Borderline
QUOTE(race914 @ Sep 14 2010, 10:56 AM) *

Mark,

Count us in...

Greg

Hi Greg! It's been a long time. It'll be good to see you again. I'm planning on just coming down for the day. Not sure what exactly I'm looking for but I'll know it when I see it. I'm bringing Jane's pickup, so I'll have plenty of room. LOL
race914
QUOTE(Borderline @ Sep 14 2010, 08:17 PM) *

QUOTE(race914 @ Sep 14 2010, 10:56 AM) *

Mark,

Count us in...

Greg

Hi Greg! It's been a long time. It'll be good to see you again. I'm planning on just coming down for the day. Not sure what exactly I'm looking for but I'll know it when I see it. I'm bringing Jane's pickup, so I'll have plenty of room. LOL

Cool! It will be great to see you too Bill. We'll be driving Tricia's 914-6. See the pic in my avatar. My blue 73 is being 're-engineered' after breaking at an event. (tried to hold 6800 RPM down the straight at BW) D-oh!

See you on Saturday.
race914

Hi Mark,

Any plans firming up for the Fri or Sat get-together?

Tricia and I are in, and will be driving her "street legal" 914-6 in our avatar : )

Let us know, it could be an epic Central Cal Coast 914 event!

Greg

P.S. I think we should all bring a keg and hang at the Cap'ns until dawn

John, you can thank me later : )
Cap'n Krusty
There's room in the parking lot just outside our fence, and various levels of dining quality within easy walking/driving distance. (Mickey D's is 100 ft away, great SM style BBQ 3 blocks down, good Mexican food about the same.)

As for the parts I have available, they're NOT in any way organized, but I can point you to where they are. I just want 'em gone, so dickering is expected.

The Cap'n
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 15 2010, 08:48 AM) *

There's room in the parking lot just outside our fence, and various levels of dining quality within easy walking/driving distance. (Mickey D's is 100 ft away, great SM style BBQ 3 blocks down, good Mexican food about the same.)

As for the parts I have available, they're NOT in any way organized, but I can point you to where they are. I just want 'em gone, so dickering is expected.

The Cap'n

Need directions from Northbound 101 to site: Never been to SM-
markb
Jim, where are you staying?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 15 2010, 10:05 AM) *

The Rose Garden @ 1007 East Main St
hwgunner
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 15 2010, 01:40 PM) *

Take the Main street/166 West exit. Left at the stop sign in front of IHOP. Left at the stop light at the shell station (this puts you on main street). Look for The Rose Garden in on your right, not long after Jack in the Box.

From there to get to GPR, head west on main street. Left turn on Miller. Go 2 streets on your right to Oak Street and make a right. We are third building on the left..... with all the smoke!!!!!!!!!!!
bfrymire
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Sep 15 2010, 01:53 PM) *

Take the Main street/166 West exit. Left at the stop sign in front of IHOP. Left at the stop light at the shell station (this puts you on main street). Look for The Rose Garden in on your right, not long after Jack in the Box.

From there to get to GPR, head west on main street. Left turn on Miller. Go 2 streets on your right to Oak Street and make a right. We are third building on the left..... with all the smoke!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonathan,

I am going to try and make it. Will know tonight. Not sure where I am going to stay, yet. smile.gif

-- brett
jim_hoyland
FYI - The Rose Garden rate is around $72
76-914
Jonathen, do you have a tranny tail cone with good ears? MPS, trigger points, AAR, 73-74 exhausts (to R&R the restrictive 75 style), tan drivers seat, blk console pad, interior/exterior door handles????
bfrymire
QUOTE(bfrymire @ Sep 15 2010, 07:04 PM) *

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Sep 15 2010, 01:53 PM) *

Jonathan,

I am going to try and make it. Will know tonight. Not sure where I am going to stay, yet. smile.gif

-- brett

It's cleared. I am going to be there.

Is the Rose Garden going to be the 914 hangout? Rooms left?

smile.gif

-- brett
jim_hoyland
Rose Garden phone is 805-922-4505 I booked on-line at booking.com
sww914
I once BBQ'd Tri Tip Santa Maria style for a family from KC. They told me that it wasn't BBQ because the grill wasn't covered and there was no sauce, blaa blaa.
It was so good that the dad cried.

SM stye BBQ is not to be missed.
It's a celebration of top quality fresh ingredients, it does not need sauce to hide anything.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(sww914 @ Sep 16 2010, 08:07 AM) *

I once BBQ'd Tri Tip Santa Maria style for a family from KC. They told me that it wasn't BBQ because the grill wasn't covered and there was no sauce, blaa blaa.
It was so good that the dad cried.

SM stye BBQ is not to be missed.
It's a celebration of top quality fresh ingredients, it does not need sauce to hide anything.

He cried with Tri tip, the lowest of the 3 cuts we use. The next up is top block, and the third is a secret ................ He'd be rendered speechless, maybe permanently. Dangerous stuff in the hands of non-residents.

The Cap'n
markb
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 15 2010, 08:44 PM) *

Jonathen, do you have a tranny tail cone with good ears? MPS, trigger points, AAR, 73-74 exhausts (to R&R the restrictive 75 style), tan drivers seat, blk console pad, interior/exterior door handles????

I'll bet if you look hard enough, you'll find most of it. smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
This should be a great event. I could not make it on the 18th, but did go to meet Jonathan and Mark last weekend. 4 hours from my house in San Ramon (Norcal - East bay) and the same coming back. You south bay guys can make it in a little more than 3 hrs.

Jonathan gave me a personal tour of their shop and a superb deal on some 914 parts. He is loaded wwith parts and very generous in his pricing. For anyone that can go and is only thinking about it, be assured it will be well worth your time. You only have yourself to blame if you don't leave there with more than you came. The food will be a big plus!
JeffBowlsby
I am certain there will be ample free parts too...:grin:
race914

Hi Mark,

Any updates on a Friday or Saturday get together?

Would be fun.

Greg
markb
I don't have internet at the new house yet, so I have to post from here at work. sad.gif

I thought about taking everyone to Jocko's, but probably wouldn't be able to get us in as a large group. dry.gif What about Klondike's Pizza? McKlintock's in Pismo? I'd like to think of something unique to our area, not necessarily a steak place, and not a fast-food place.

We could do something on Friday AND on Saturday. drunk.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Taco De Mexico ..................... Cheap, good

El Herradero. More expensive, better.

The Cap'n
Borderline
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 16 2010, 12:34 PM) *

This should be a great event. I could not make it on the 18th, but did go to meet Jonathan and Mark last weekend. 4 hours from my house in San Ramon (Norcal - East bay) and the same coming back. You south bay guys can make it in a little more than 3 hrs.

Jonathan gave me a personal tour of their shop and a superb deal on some 914 parts. He is loaded wwith parts and very generous in his pricing. For anyone that can go and is only thinking about it, be assured it will be well worth your time. You only have yourself to blame if you don't leave there with more than you came. The food will be a big plus!

Jeff, so what stuff did you come away with? I bet you got all the stuff I wanted. sad.gif

Sorry I couldn't make it last Sat, but they got food this weekend! I'll be there! biggrin.gif
dw914er
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 16 2010, 01:16 PM) *

I don't have internet at the new house yet, so I have to post from here at work. sad.gif

I thought about taking everyone to Jocko's, but probably wouldn't be able to get us in as a large group. dry.gif What about Klondike's Pizza? McKlintock's in Pismo? I'd like to think of something unique to our area, not necessarily a steak place, and not a fast-food place.

We could do something on Friday AND on Saturday. drunk.gif

Friday and Saturday? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.