Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GPR/West Coast Garage BBQ/Open House/Super Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
hwgunner
GPR and West Coast Garage are teaming up to bring you an end of summer BBQ/Open House/Super Sale. September 18th from 9am till whenever both GPR and West Coast Garage will be open for you to check out our huge stash of parts. There will be two locations, about 5 minutes apart here in Santa Maria, Ca. GPR will have a free Tri Tip BBQ and sodas and maybe some cheap beer. West Coast Garage will have the wit and humor of the Krusty One.

Between the 2 of us we have enough parts to last a lifetime. Many 914, 914/6, 911 and 924 parts. If you are looking for anything in particular post it here and one of us will pipe in. Everything must go and no reasonable offer will be refused.

For GPR you may also just stop by any time between now and Sept 18th and take a look around. I am really motivated to get rid of everything that I have as far as used items. I also have lots of new stuff that will be sold at Super Sale Prices. Here are a couple pictures. This is just one of 2 warehouses that I have that will be open to look around in. Mark and I have already started opening all the boxes and separating things and laying them out so they can easily be gone threw. I am sure the sale will spill into the parking lot at my location.

If you have any questions just let me know. I am sure John will put in his .02 also.

Thanks
jonathan
GPR
312 Oak Street
Santa Maria, Ca 93454
hwgunner
Another Pic of the same warehouse
Andyrew
Dats a lot of boxes...
hwgunner
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 11 2010, 10:23 PM) *

Dats a lot of boxes...

Dats not even half of what we have. beerchug.gif
McMark
Hmmm, a trip to Moab and a trip down south in the same month? idea.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 12 2010, 10:20 AM) *

Sounds like a good idea to me. Bring the truck. Buy one item and we will fill the rest of the truck up for you at no cost (our choice of parts of course)!!!!!!!!
curt914
HI

Quote "For GPR you may also just stop by any time between now and Sept 18th and take a look around."

Is this the same GPR (as in GPR Auto Parts) that was or IS in San Luis Obispo?

On Tank Farm Road?

Not too long ago I was in San Luis one Sunday in that area and went looking for GPR (on Tank Farm) and never found it.

Anyway, where are you located in either San Luis or Santa Maria?

Looking for a rear valance at the very least.

And after seeing and hearing that Mulholland Drive video posted recently, I realize I also want any six cylander engine biggrin.gif

Damn that was awesome, but.....In my dreams!

Curt
hwgunner
QUOTE(curt914 @ Aug 12 2010, 10:58 AM) *

HI

Quote "For GPR you may also just stop by any time between now and Sept 18th and take a look around."

Is this the same GPR (as in GPR Auto Parts) that was or IS in San Luis Obispo?

On Tank Farm Road?

Not too long ago I was in San Luis one Sunday in that area and went looking for GPR (on Tank Farm) and never found it.

Anyway, where are you located in either San Luis or Santa Maria?

Looking for a rear valance at the very least.

And after seeing and hearing that Mulholland Drive video posted recently, I realize I also want any six cylander engine biggrin.gif

Damn that was awesome, but.....In my dreams!

Curt

We were in SLO but moved about 9 months ago to Santa Maria. I am sorry we missed you. I will look and see if i can scare up a rear valance and get back to you.

jonathan
hwgunner
Cap'n Krusty
Just HAD to move close to my shop .....................

We're looking forward to seeing a lot of the So Cal, Mid Cal, and even Nor Cal 914 folks. Last chance to steal my stuff before GAF in October. After that, I'm not planning to do swap meets on the same scale as I have in the past. Bring a truck!

The Cap'n
jim_hoyland
Anyone from So Cal making the trip ? 200 miles from Orange County. Thinking of driving up Saturday and returning Sunday...
Cap'n Krusty
"200 miles from Orange County"? Nope. Trust me, we're LIGHT YEARS from Orange County ........................

The Cap'n
Elliot Cannon
agree.gif biggrin.gif agree.gif biggrin.gif agree.gif
Steve
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 13 2010, 02:18 PM) *

I vote for going up in Elliot's plane from OC. How much 914 crap can we get in that thing?
SLITS
Unless something changes, I plan on driving up in the truck. Need to let the Krusty One beat the crap outta me. smash.gif If I haven't bled to death, I will try to make it over to GPR.

Don't plan on spending the nite as the Mid-NorCal folks think their hotels are the Ritz.

225.9 miles from Riverslime. driving.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 20 2010, 06:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 13 2010, 02:18 PM) *

I vote for going up in Elliot's plane from OC. How much 914 crap can we get in that thing?

Gimme a break! I've driven farther than that for lunch ...................... Of course, I've been known to fly 12 miles for lunch, too. We never even got the gear up.

The Cap'n
hwgunner
Mark and I are working our buts off and getting things ready. Spoke to John also and he is doing the same. Found some great stuff today. Got enough brake backing plates to give for to anyone who shows up. Also found about 16 boxes full of wiring harnesses. Lots of suspension and engine parts too. I will take pictures tomorrow to show the progress. Remember, the 18th is the BBQ but you can stop buy any time before that. I am here Monday through Friday from 8-6 and you can call me if you want to come buy on Saturday or Sunday. I will make the time for you. driving.gif
bandjoey
For us poor smucks that can't come...get some kid power who likes to play on the internet, and have them put up a listing web site like Jeff Bowlsey - pic quantity price - with flat rate shipping included. I know "we" can clean up the rest of the stuff in short order.

flag.gif Like, a good set of vertical window felt fuzzy strips for a 73? Both doors?
Good luck with the Open House!
Mike Bellis
I'll think about comming down. 4 hour drive though.... Now,.. what do I need???
Mike Bellis
BTW, can we have the address? And what time the food will be ready?
hwgunner
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 24 2010, 06:41 PM) *

BTW, can we have the address? And what time the food will be ready?

Sure, the address is as follows

GPR
312 Oak Street
Santa Maria, Ca 93454

The food will be ready about 11:30 and will go till it needs to but we will be open for browsing by 9 am for sure.
hwgunner
Just talked to my wife and she has offered to make Lumpia and Pansit. This is the real deal here. beer3.gif
markb
Please come and take all this crap...I mean cool rare sought-after slightly used valuable parts off of our hands. beer.gif

Bring a BIG truck. biggrin.gif

For those of you unable to make the trek....too bad! poke.gif You haven't lived until you've had Santa Maria style BBQ. chowtime.gif
jim_hoyland
FYI I got three recommendations for place to stay Sat night if anyone is also thinking of driving home Sunday:
Of the three, The Rose Garden has a $72 rate and located at 1007 E Main St, I think this is not far from GPR. I'm looking into a coastal inn as well

The other 2 places were >$100

Link: http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/the-rose-garden-inn.en.html
hwgunner
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 25 2010, 07:51 AM) *

FYI I got three recommendations for place to stay Sat night if anyone is also thinking of driving home Sunday:
Of the three, The Rose Garden has a $77 rate and located at 1007 E Main St, I think this is not far from GPR. I'm looking into a coastal inn as well

The other 2 places were >$100

Link: http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/the-rose-garden-inn.en.html

Jim, it is very close to me and to West Coast Garage.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(markb @ Aug 24 2010, 09:52 PM) *

For those of you unable to make the trek....too bad! poke.gif You haven't lived until you've had Santa Maria style BBQ. chowtime.gif

Dude please, I live in the bar b que capitol of the world! Now stop screwing around and rustle me up a really nice S gear to send to the evil one. poke.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 25 2010, 08:31 PM) *

Dude please, I live in the bar b que capitol of the world! Now stop screwing around and rustle me up a really nice S gear to send to the evil one. poke.gif

That is ok, all the more for me.

I will see if I have as S gear and get back to you.

hwgunner
Here are a few update pictures of all the work that Mark and I ahve done.

hwgunner
more
hwgunner
more
hwgunner
Mark and I also made some special buys on some new items that we are going to have on special that weekend. Engine Gasket sets, clutches, flywheels, Bursch mufflers, M&K mufflers, Mahle P&C sets, Bilstein front inserts and rear shocks and the list goes on. beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
cheer.gif A bump for Jonathan
underthetire
1st pic had a 914 seat that looked much better than mine, but 5 hours is just a little too long of a drive...
EdwardBlume

Shoe... sorry to split with you here buddy, but I was BORN and RAISED in Santa Maria... I've got Jocko's in my veins (literally)..

Unless you've split a beer battered oak fired chicken in a Peppertree parking lot, you haven't felt the hand of God touch your taste buds...
QUOTE(RobW @ Aug 31 2010, 12:47 PM) *

Unless you've split a beer battered oak fired chicken in a Peppertree parking lot, you haven't felt the hand of God touch your taste buds...

Rob...That ain't BBQ that's Grilled Chicken!!

You need you some good ole southern dry (or wet) pork ribs and a healthy side of pulled pork....Ummm

As you say it's in your veins.........same here my man same here!!

......Damn us Middle America guy's miss out on all the good stuff.....
Ya'll enjoy and as Bill had mentioned throw us others a bone after the weekend is over...

Ken
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif Hope you get a good turnout. I'm planning on leaving here around 6am Sat morning so I can get a parking spot......
PeeGreen 914
Sweet mother wub.gif That's a nice line of 914s w00t.gif
computers4kids
I need a 100 engine lids. smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty

Smoking meat over low indirect heat ain't REAL Barbecue, it's baked/smoked cheap cuts of meat. Real Barbecue is meat roasted over a seriously hot fire, carefully controlled, and served the way the originators of the term (Vaqueros) "barbecue" did it ..............Rare.

The Cap'n
hwgunner
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Aug 31 2010, 06:12 PM) *

I need a 100 engine lids. smile.gif

Carefull what you wish for!

Just kidding, you of all people know we are out of lids. beerchug.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 31 2010, 09:21 PM) *

Smoking meat over low indirect heat ain't REAL Barbecue, it's baked/smoked cheap cuts of meat. Real Barbecue is meat roasted over a seriously hot fire, carefully controlled, and served the way the originators of the term (Vaqueros) "barbecue" did it ..............Rare.

The Cap'n

agree.gif
Borderline
I'm planning on making the trek down for the day. Looks like you've got a pretty good stash of parts. It won't be any fun driving down in a pickup truck, but if i want any parts the teener ain't gonna do it.

I'm in the south south Bay area. If anyone in the area would like me to pick up some parts for them, let me know.
jim_hoyland
I'm going to be looking for a stock oil cooler replacement for my '75. Do you have any ?

Jim
hwgunner
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 8 2010, 03:38 PM) *

I'm going to be looking for a stock oil cooler replacement for my '75. Do you have any ?

Jim

I have new and used.

jonathan
hwgunner
Check out my vendor thread for some of the NEW items that will be on sale at the BBQ beerchug.gif
My Vendor Page
beer.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Nine days remaining to make your plans and get yourself up here!

The Cap'n
Steve
Since the German Auto Fest got cancelled. I'm thing about driving up the same day from Laguna Niguel. Anybody want to caravan up? Meet somewhere very early in the morning?
hwgunner
Just in, plenty of Brad Penn 20/50 and Break In oil and some Swepco 201.
hwgunner
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 12 2010, 10:20 AM) *

So, ya coming?

jonathan
hwgunner
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 9 2010, 05:55 PM) *

Since the German Auto Fest got cancelled. I'm thing about driving up the same day from Laguna Niguel. Anybody want to caravan up? Meet somewhere very early in the morning?

Now that is a great idea.
jim_hoyland
Steve,

I'm going up early Saturday morning in the Boxster.... smile.gif agree.gif this may be the replacement swapmeet for Ventura
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.