Full Version: Hershey Swap Meet 2011
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mepstein
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Mar 25 2011, 08:13 AM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 25 2011, 08:06 AM) *

All this perversion on Baby Jesus' ressurection
I'm never going to grow up

Hershey is a fixed event, but Easter is a Movable Feast.

Do you know how the date for Easter is determined?

It is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Vernal Equinox.

No Pagan tradition there...

Aren't most Porsche owners Jewish? biggrin.gif
jimkelly
no one gonna touch that hot matza cracker : )
flipb
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 25 2011, 08:25 AM) *

It's also during Passover. dry.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(flipb @ Mar 25 2011, 08:43 AM) *

I had a Rabbi with a really sweet Jaguar XKE. He would have made an exception for Hershey. driving.gif
flipb
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 25 2011, 08:46 AM) *

QUOTE(flipb @ Mar 25 2011, 08:43 AM) *

I had a Rabbi with a really sweet Jaguar XKE. He would have made an exception for Hershey. driving.gif

Evidently, I go to the wrong shul!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 25 2011, 08:21 AM) *

I'll be next to Chris at Tangerine since he reserved my space.
I'll be there early so I'm sure you'll see me.
Thanks, Mark

I just got the "corrected" space assignment. They had sent me a confirmation for just one space earlier.
We went from occupying just F16 to having F42-F45. unsure.gif
william1764
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 24 2011, 03:41 PM) *

QUOTE(william1764 @ Mar 24 2011, 06:23 PM) *

I plan on attending and hope to catch up with some folks on the way up. Anyone leaving Friday from MD?

Stop at my place along the way (York). Mike and Scott and I will probably meet here and drive the rest of the way there Friday. Hopefully not quite as late as last year. Sounds like Hot Shoe may be following Mike??? Maybe. Plans are not confirmed yet.

Joe, I'd invite you but I know you'd turn me down. poke.gif poke.gif poke.gif

Zach

sounds good zach. I'll plan on meeting up your way. when you decide departure time let me know.
chuckc
I'm in. I'll be driving my 914 and my dad may take his 911.

is this the Motel?
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&suge...sa=N&tab=wl
jsayre914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 24 2011, 07:41 PM) *

Joe, I'd invite you but I know you'd turn me down. poke.gif poke.gif poke.gif

Zach

And this is because I wouldnt go roller skating with you gayfight.gif

What time are we meeting at your place??
zymurgist
Are people planning to stay at the Palmyra Motel? I might be able to talk Babydoll into coming out.
Dr Evil
I plan on arriving early evening with Don and quickly getting drunk smile.gif

At the Palmyra Motel with Zach and Scotty, and Noel smile.gif
zymurgist
Friday the 22nd, right?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(chuckc @ Mar 28 2011, 06:06 PM) *

is this the Motel?

Yes.
It's now a Knights Inn.
jsayre914
I will be metting up with you guys Early Sat morning at the Palmyra (Knights Inn) just like last year. What time are we planning to roll over to the event. I know we left a little bit late last year and lost all the parking spaces (we had to move a barracade rolleyes.gif )

If you want I can wake everybody up with my new stereo biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
If you want I can wake everybody up with my new stereo

Scotty might shoot your ass!
saigon71
I will be rolling up Saturday morning. Catch you at the event!
turboman808
Looks like I will be free that weekend. The 914 isn't running though. However, I mentioned this on the 914club site. If anyone wants to bring down parts to sell I will bring down my van and we can fill it with parts, or if people want to fill it with parts for the drive back. I'm in the North Jersey Area.

Otherwise I will spend that weekend fishing.
VaccaRabite
I go the room that Scott, Mike and I will be sharing at the Palmyra/Knights Inn. Now I just need to find the time to get my car de-winterized. I have so far had 2 afternoons to work on it since december. pain30.gif ar15.gif stromberg.gif

Zach
wilchek
Got my car ready this weekend. New oil, filter, screen cleaned, tires checked, cv's checked, fixed a couple of things, and off I went. It drove better than when I put it away. I topped it off with ethanol free fuel before I put it away and it started almost right away. Looking forward to Hershey.

deja vu, Mike is your bus going to be ready. What happened, I thought it was running and almost done. How's westen Pennsylltucky
auerbach
Are there plans for dinner Friday night?
jsayre914
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Apr 12 2011, 02:49 PM) *

why not race me to the hotel saturday morning?

i will prolly head up 83 from the pa74 exit around 6:30ish am, with a lot of coffee beer3.gif
saigon71
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Apr 12 2011, 10:10 PM) *

i will prolly head up 83 from the pa74 exit around 6:30ish am, with a lot of coffee beer3.gif

The ol Mazda pickup will be no match for your teener! Plus, I have to help someone move in the AM. Bring some K2! stirthepot.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Apr 13 2011, 07:43 PM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Apr 12 2011, 10:10 PM) *

The ol Mazda pickup will be no match for your teener! Plus, I have to help someone move in the AM. Bring some K2! stirthepot.gif

I will bring a lot of fun stuff with me, but you do not have your teener, so you dont get any stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif
Porschef
The wife and me are gonna leave LI sometime Fri morning...if there's anyone looking to meet up in Jersey or wherever, let me know. We're totally flexible on the time so that's no issue.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Joe
hot_shoe914
I booked my room for Friday and Saturday night at the Knights Inn. piratenanner.gif
914itis
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Apr 12 2011, 03:03 PM) *

Looks like I will be free that weekend. The 914 isn't running though. However, I mentioned this on the 914club site. If anyone wants to bring down parts to sell I will bring down my van and we can fill it with parts, or if people want to fill it with parts for the drive back. I'm in the North Jersey Area.

Otherwise I will spend that weekend fishing.

I will take the offer if you make it.
If I buy anything that will not fit in my 914, (thats pretty much everything)I will get it closer to home in your van.

Thanks
914itis
QUOTE(porscheless @ Apr 13 2011, 07:54 PM) *

The wife and me are gonna leave LI sometime Fri morning...if there's anyone looking to meet up in Jersey or wherever, let me know. We're totally flexible on the time so that's no issue.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, I think we should meet somewhere in queens, I will pm you. I think that there is another menber in brooklyn who wanted to meet with us. I figure we can leave queens at 12 to meet the Jersey crew.
rmital
QUOTE(esses62 @ Apr 13 2011, 09:38 PM) *

Jersey crew is meeting around 1:30pm Friday at a rest area on 78 near the GSP intersection check with the Mayor (Ray Mital ) for Deets

I need to stop looking at the 10 day forcast headbang.gif hissyfit.gif huh.gif poke.gif
VaccaRabite
You do. The forecast is useless around here more the 24 hours out, especially during spring. April in MidA is always 50/50 rain or sun.

Zach
zymurgist
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 13 2011, 09:43 PM) *

I booked my room for Friday and Saturday night at the Knights Inn. piratenanner.gif

I booked a room for Friday.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(wilchek @ Apr 12 2011, 07:18 PM) *

Got my car ready this weekend. New oil, filter, screen cleaned, tires checked, cv's checked, fixed a couple of things, and off I went. It drove better than when I put it away. I topped it off with ethanol free fuel before I put it away and it started almost right away. Looking forward to Hershey.

deja vu, Mike is your bus going to be ready. What happened, I thought it was running and almost done. How's westen Pennsylltucky

It was running, poorly, so I dropped the engine and started modifying it. It will not be ready. I will be driving Don's 914 home from Hershey anyway so the bus is a non-issue. It should be ready shortly after Hershey rolleyes.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 14 2011, 09:13 AM) *

I need to stop looking at the 10 day forcast headbang.gif hissyfit.gif huh.gif poke.gif

Great dry.gif Now you jinxed it. I had to look ph34r.gif
914 shifter
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Apr 14 2011, 12:49 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Apr 14 2011, 09:13 AM) *

Great dry.gif Now you jinxed it. I had to look ph34r.gif

i will ask Mother to fiddle rosary beads pray.gif
VaccaRabite
And already the forcast has changed.
Don't put any weight behind the forecast until you are 1/2 way down the road to Hershey!

Zach
VaccaRabite
My quest to find time to get my car ready for Hershey is continuing. Exhaust is back on. Spark plugs are changed, regapped got my hotter coil. Idles are jetted down to 50. Idle mix screws are base set at 2 turns out and waiting to be fine tuned. my interior is back in the car.

I need to try and fix my windshield wipers, and then put gas in the car and start tuning. It is going to come RIGHT to the wire! I need more time!

Zach
914itis
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 15 2011, 10:06 PM) *

My quest to find time to get my car ready for Hershey is continuing. Exhaust is back on. Spark plugs are changed, regapped got my hotter coil. Idles are jetted down to 50. Idle mix screws are base set at 2 turns out and waiting to be fine tuned. my interior is back in the car.

I need to try and fix my windshield wipers, and then put gas in the car and start tuning. It is going to come RIGHT to the wire! I need more time!

Zach

Why did you remove the interior?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 15 2011, 10:03 PM) *

Don't put any weight behind the forecast until you are 1/2 way down the road to Hershey!

Actually, just ignore the forecast and be prepared for anything.
The standard Hershey Checklist:

1 GoreTex
2 Sunglasses
3 Sunscreen
4 Hat
5 Comfortable Walking Shoes

There will be shelter from sun or rain. There will be heat if it's cold.
Just Be There.
914 shifter
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Apr 16 2011, 02:37 AM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 15 2011, 10:03 PM) *

Actually, just ignore the forecast and be prepared for anything.
The standard Hershey Checklist:

1 GoreTex
2 Sunglasses
3 Sunscreen
4 Hat
5 Comfortable Walking Shoes

There will be shelter from sun or rain. There will be heat if it's cold.
Just Be There.

hershey survival kit idea.gif
VaccaRabite
Wipers are fixed. Oil is changed. I just need to do some balancing sine I rejetted. Almost had it all done today but hadto spend some hours in the ER after a freak gardening accident. *sigh* Surely I will have one afternoon this week where I can move the car out of the garage. Right?

Right?
914itis
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 17 2011, 10:58 PM) *

Wipers are fixed. Oil is changed. I just need to do some balancing sine I rejetted. Almost had it all done today but hadto spend some hours in the ER after a freak gardening accident. *sigh* Surely I will have one afternoon this week where I can move the car out of the garage. Right?

Right?

I hope all is fine with the er situation.
VaccaRabite
Tiller bounced a small rock off my eyeball. It took a few hours to get it all cleaned out. But I still got the bed tilled and the berries planted with a few hours left to wrench on my car.

Zach
914itis
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Apr 18 2011, 08:02 AM) *

Tiller bounced a small rock off my eyeball. It took a few hours to get it all cleaned out. But I still got the bed tilled and the berries planted with a few hours left to wrench on my car.

Zach

Glad you are ok.
ArtechnikA
Me too! But seriously - safety glasses !
flipb
I'll actually be driving back from NJ to VA on Saturday, with the fam. We usually do the direct route (I-95) but it's awfully tempting to detour via I-78 through PA and end up taking 15 down to Frederick.

Doubt I could convince the fam to add an hour to the trip... and I wouldn't be in my 914... and there are no parts I desperately need this year.
idea.gif
MikeSpraggi
Anyone want to meet up in Frederick on 15 to caravan up early Saturday morning?
plas76targa
Spraggie - I could meet you Sat am. you want to just swing by or meet on 15 above frederick?
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Apr 20 2011, 09:56 AM) *

Spraggie - I could meet you Sat am. you want to just swing by or meet on 15 above frederick?

Matt, I was thinking we could all meet at Beckley's on 15. Some others may be coming from Silver Spring as well. Hoping some others join in. Are you up for an early departure?
Eric_Shea
I need Evil to don a dress and hand out PMB fliers. idea.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 20 2011, 02:41 PM) *

I thought you were coming to do that. confused24.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 20 2011, 02:41 PM) *

I have a price smile.gif What are you offering? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.