Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey Swap Meet 2011
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
VaccaRabite
HA!
I found it on an old thumb drive backup. All it needs is the "Hurshey." _ HA! found that too. God, do I love thumb drives!

If anyone wants the basic design to play with let me know. Or I could take another try at making something a little different this time around.

Zach
rmital
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 25 2011, 07:15 PM) *

HA!
I found it on an old thumb drive backup. All it needs is the "Hurshey." _ HA! found that too. God, do I love thumb drives!

If anyone wants the basic design to play with let me know. Or I could take another try at making something a little different this time around.

Zach

...just got an email from Jaime, he doesn't have the art work on file...so would need it to be sent to him. If no one volunteers to create something new, using the old graphic and adding the "III" would be an option. confused24.gif
VaccaRabite
I'll send it to him.

Zach
ws91420
Do they realize that the dates are Easter weekend?
ws91420
Contacted a person from the CPA site and they realize it is Easter w/e but it was the date given to them by Hershey.
Dr Evil
Hmmm, I wonder how many will show. I will.
rmital
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 27 2011, 10:30 AM) *

Hmmm, I wonder how many will show. I will.

to our advantage...maybe less traffic on "Good Friday" for the drive out.
I'll be home for Church on Sunday.
zymurgist
I will, but I'm a heathen anyway. wink.gif

Don't know whether this is also the day that Griffith Energy rents the park yet...
jsayre914
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jan 26 2011, 08:14 PM) *

Do they realize that the dates are Easter weekend?

dry.gif

That might change my schedule a bit. WTF.gif
type47
We'll be in England at the same time as THE wedding. sad.gif
dflesburg
If I don't lose my car in the divorce, I am going to try to make it this year.

Wish me luck next week! Trial Day 1 is Feb 1.

Prayers are requested and welcomed!
jsayre914
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Jan 27 2011, 01:10 PM) *

If I don't lose my car in the divorce, I am going to try to make it this year.

Wish me luck next week! Trial Day 1 is Feb 1.

Prayers are requested and welcomed!

is that your wife in yor avatar??

idea.gif

Good luck anyway. I will pray for your cars saftey pray.gif
saigon71
I will be coming up on Saturday - looking forward to seeing everyone. Unfortunately, the teener will still be in pieces. Sigh...next year I will be joining the caravan.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Jan 27 2011, 03:46 PM) *

I will be coming up on Saturday - looking forward to seeing everyone. Unfortunately, the teener will still be in pieces. Sigh...next year I will be joining the caravan.

That's what you said last year! poke.gif slap.gif
VaccaRabite
We are now into March...
Anyone?
While I intend to go, I can't do anything planning wise, especially with the new job inbound. My time is seriously not my own right now.

But, if no one steps up (and soon) this event is not going to happen. Not organized, at least.

Someone needs to take this by the horns. We will lend support. We have contacts for on site shelter, but we have to have spaces to put it. Someone needs to make dinner reservations - if that is going to happen.

If planning is happening and I don't know about it, I apologize. Right now, we have 54 days to put it all together.

Zach
zymurgist
I'm not much on organizing, but I would be interested in a hotel room if we are getting a group together. I want to get to the swap meet early so I can try to sell the tail dragger.
hot_shoe914
Somebody tell me what all we need organized and I will see what I can do from down here in the south, resturant, hotel etc....etc..... As ofnow I am planning on showing up at Evil's place sometime Friday and dropping off a gear box and a Bumble Bee. From there I will be motoring on to Hershey. Outside chance I will be coming up the other way though to drop a Benz off at Scotty's place, just not sure yet. confused24.gif

Shoe
saigon71
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 27 2011, 08:34 PM) *

QUOTE(saigon71 @ Jan 27 2011, 03:46 PM) *

That's what you said last year! poke.gif slap.gif

You are correct. I find more rust on a daily basis! sawzall-smiley.gif
wit61
Planning to be there. Look forward to seeing the crew after the long hibernation.... My 70 911 Targa will probably be in the corral
VaccaRabite
As far as I know, we need:
1) spaces.
2) a tent ( I have a contact for this maybe, but will be 2 weeks into a new job and unable to pick it up prior to the event)
3) A meeting place to convoy in.
4) someone on the scene early to make sure we have spaces for the convoy to park in (I can do this, especially if I am room sharing with someone local.)

Zach
rmital
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 6 2011, 10:39 PM) *

3) A meeting place to convoy in.

The Palmyra Motel served a small group of us pretty well the past couple years.

The first year the group stayed there, we probably had around 20 or 30 meeting up on Saturday morning, then driving over to the meet. I'd say at least 20 were rooming at the motel.

Last year, not as many....maybe half as much. But still a good place to meet, and a short but fun ride over to the park.

A couple of us weren't thrilled with the rooms last year....the area smelled like fertilizer and had the flys around to prove it. But, tis the time of the year to start working the fields in that area, so the Aesthetics are expected...at no extra charge!!

not sure of my plans this year...if last minute, the Palmyra might be the right deal. Maybe a closer place to the park with less local aesthetics.... stromberg.gif
VaccaRabite
ScottyB, Evil and I are going to be splitting a room at least friday night.
Anyone looked into spaces yet?

Zach
ArtechnikA
How many do we need?
VaccaRabite
In previous years we have had 4, but a 10X10 pop tent only takes 2 or 3 spaces I think.

Zach
ArtechnikA
OK on the dimensional analysis but it doesn't answer the question.
How many spaces do we need?
VaccaRabite
Lets say 4. :-)

Zach
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 17 2011, 11:54 AM) *

Lets say 4. :-)

OK - I'll front the group 4 spaces when I make my reservation tonight.
I will be bringing the Titan and my 10x10 EZ-Up, along with a few tables and folding chairs. I'll post the space numbers as soon as CPA-PCA tells me.

If attendees want to chip in a bit at the event, you won't have to twist my arm very hard...
ChrisFoley
Zach, why do you say 4?
Last year I provided one space for the Mid-Engine Invasion.
I've reserved one for the group again for this year, along with space for Mark Epstein/Eric Shea.
Advance reservations online ended on the 10th AFAIK.
VaccaRabite
Nice!
Thanks Chris!
For some reason I thought we had more spaces then one. It may be that we just spilled over? smile.gif

But, great. This means that we have spaces set!

Zach
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 17 2011, 12:19 PM) *

Nice!
Thanks Chris!
For some reason I thought we had more spaces then one. It may be that we just spilled over? smile.gif

Zach

I'm not bringing my big truck and race car so I won't take up nearly as much space this year.
mepstein
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 17 2011, 01:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 17 2011, 12:19 PM) *

Nice!
Thanks Chris!

Zach

I'm not bringing my big truck and race car so I won't take up nearly as much space this year.

I'll have "spill over" space as well. smile.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 17 2011, 01:16 PM) *

I've reserved one for the group again for this year, along with space for Mark Epstein/Eric Shea.

Didn't want to horn in on your action, Chris, I just wanted to make sure the group had a place. I was unaware of your arrangements.

so - thanks !

I will still be bringing the Titan, and the EZ-Up if it is needed. But other than that, I don't think I really need spaces - I have nothing to sell and I won't have time to paint anything before the meet. The only real advantage to having a prepaid space is guaranteed parking close to the action, and early admittance. I've never been able to get there early enough to take advantage of that...

So I expect I'll just drive up and hang out with you guys while I'm not shopping and taking photographs.

For anyone else considering reserving a space, tho, the flyer I received from CPA-PCA says deadline for vendor pre-registration is March 20.
mepstein
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Mar 17 2011, 09:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 17 2011, 01:16 PM) *

Didn't want to horn in on your action, Chris, I just wanted to make sure the group had a place. I was unaware of your arrangements.

so - thanks !

I will still be bringing the Titan, and the EZ-Up if it is needed. But other than that, I don't think I really need spaces - I have nothing to sell and I won't have time to paint anything before the meet. The only real advantage to having a prepaid space is guaranteed parking close to the action, and early admittance. I've never been able to get there early enough to take advantage of that...

So I expect I'll just drive up and hang out with you guys while I'm not shopping and taking photographs.

For anyone else considering reserving a space, tho, the flyer I received from CPA-PCA says deadline for vendor pre-registration is March 20.

I have space for the ez-up. smile.gif I'd rather not sit in the sun all day. I will bring some extra chairs.
Dr Evil
Dont forget Paul at EIMC always has lots of easy-ups. He is the guy that paid for everyone to get in last year smile.gif
hot_shoe914
My daughter and I will be there also. I need to book a room for Friday night. Was hoping to drop the teener off at Evil's house on Friday before heading over if possible. Considering bringing a few things to sell but really doubt I will get that motivated.
netbanshee
I'll try to make the drive down that weekend, depending on Easter w/e plans with the family and if the teener is behaving properly. Can't say more than that at the moment. :/
perrysan
I live in Baltimore and plan to drive my teener to Hershey on Saturday. Unfortunately due to work obligations I'm unable to help organize the invasion, but look forward to seeing everyone there! I have a set of 914 Fuchs in nice shape that I'm not going to end up using (converting to a five lug setup); is it worth bringing them? Thanks.
mepstein
QUOTE(perrysan @ Mar 24 2011, 09:03 AM) *

I live in Baltimore and plan to drive my teener to Hershey on Saturday. Unfortunately due to work obligations I'm unable to help organize the invasion, but look forward to seeing everyone there! I have a set of 914 Fuchs in nice shape that I'm not going to end up using (converting to a five lug setup); is it worth bringing them? Thanks.

I would - might not get top dollar but you get them in front of the teener crowd and don't have to ship.
jsayre914
I realize we are not organized rolleyes.gif

But, do we have a head count yet. How many 914s are we looking at this year in our corral?? piratenanner.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 24 2011, 05:48 PM) *

I realize we are not organized rolleyes.gif

But, do we have a head count yet. How many 914s are we looking at this year in our corral?? piratenanner.gif

Yours, mine, and hopefully many others.

Zach
william1764
I plan on attending and hope to catch up with some folks on the way up. Anyone leaving Friday from MD?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(william1764 @ Mar 24 2011, 06:23 PM) *

I plan on attending and hope to catch up with some folks on the way up. Anyone leaving Friday from MD?

Stop at my place along the way (York). Mike and Scott and I will probably meet here and drive the rest of the way there Friday. Hopefully not quite as late as last year. Sounds like Hot Shoe may be following Mike??? Maybe. Plans are not confirmed yet.

Joe, I'd invite you but I know you'd turn me down. poke.gif poke.gif poke.gif

Zach
Dr Evil
Shoe is supposedly stopping here first to "drop off" his LE, then I will happily drive to Hershey with him following.
York is another hour away. Why not hit the hotel on Fri night with the crew there, so we can drink, and sleep through the snoring?

I have several gear sets I am hoping to sell and all I want is a 915 to rebuild and mess with.....maybe video.
VaccaRabite
Sounds like a plan to me.

Zach
914itis
I will be there, will try to get together with some teeners here and meet the Jersey crew.
Eric_Shea
I'd rather not sit in the sun all day.

Sun? Hershey? Eternal Optimist. biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 17 2011, 09:44 PM) *

I have space for the ez-up. smile.gif I'd rather not sit in the sun all day. I will bring some extra chairs.

Eric may not believe it will be sunny but since the date change, the past few years have been favored with very nice weather.

I will 'toss' the EZup into the truck and it'll find a use somewhere I'm sure. PM me your space number when CPA_PCA lets you know, and I'll send you my phone number...
scotty b
with terms like " driving a teener, swap, head count, piggy back, spill over, Hershey, e-z up and toss " I'm not real sure
I want to attend this event unsure.gif

All this perversion on Baby Jesus' ressurection av-943.gif

I'm never going to grow up unsure.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 25 2011, 08:06 AM) *

All this perversion on Baby Jesus' ressurection
I'm never going to grow up

Hershey is a fixed event, but Easter is a Movable Feast.

Do you know how the date for Easter is determined?

It is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Vernal Equinox.

No Pagan tradition there...
mepstein
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Mar 25 2011, 06:45 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 17 2011, 09:44 PM) *

Eric may not believe it will be sunny but since the date change, the past few years have been favored with very nice weather.

I will 'toss' the EZup into the truck and it'll find a use somewhere I'm sure. PM me your space number when CPA_PCA lets you know, and I'll send you my phone number...

ezup is even better if its raining but last year was a sunny day smile.gif
I'll be next to Chris at Tangerine since he reserved my space.
I'll be there early so I'm sure you'll see me.
Thanks, Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.