Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the world needs now is another group buy thread.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mikey914
I know some of this is rehasing what has allready been said, but I needed to recap as to what I have found and what I'm doing -

Spent the morning working on this, there are 2 issues I found. I checked this on my rear and made the assumption (yes I know), that the fitment was the same.

After much closer examination I determined that the clearance on the bearing cap is not adequate it the old style bearing cap is in place. Just changing the bearing cap will not adequately solve the problem. I need additional clearance internally to make this correct. So, right now I'm working on making the caps for the fronts with a slot large enough to accomidate the bearing cap with the dimples and to give it the required depth. Attached are pictures showing the desired result. Right now I have metal comming in tomorrow to start production on replacement front caps. It will take about 3 days to process these and about 7 days to get through finishing. In roughly 2 weeks I can have these out and I will provide a prepaid postage in the package to return these

It is my intent to provide the correct fitting caps to those that want these or I will take returns and refund the original purchase price and shipipng. As I processed this through the website I will be contacting those that had stepped up later this evening directly from the email contact info provided.

I apoligize for the inconvienience this has created and should have been more through in the initial Q.C. I will do whatever it takes to make this right for everyone that put thier trust in me and my products.

Sincerely,
Mark
AKA Mikey 914

Mikey914
And for those of you that may notice the old cap laying by the installed part I did replace with the new cap (without nipple ), to prove that it was the nipples that it was getting caught on.
richardmosselman
Hi. I'd like a set of the caps as well as few other things from your site but I'm having trouble registering my Canadian address. It won't accept the Province or Postal Code. Hope that you can help? Cheers, Richard
montoya 73 2.0
Do you have four extra grease caps? Since I forgot I didn't have any on the car! Crap.
Mikey914
QUOTE(richardmosselman @ Mar 28 2011, 09:23 PM) *

Hi. I'd like a set of the caps as well as few other things from your site but I'm having trouble registering my Canadian address. It won't accept the Province or Postal Code. Hope that you can help? Cheers, Richard

Thanks Richard,
I can get you taken care of. I stopped accepting any more orders on the caps for now as I need to make the orders I shipped right first. I'll PM you.
-Mark
anderssj
Does anyone know if the grease cap interference issue also applies to the early Pedrini wheels? My wheels are a few hundred miles away and I'm unable to check . . . .

Many thanks!

Steve A-
eric9144
Late to the thread, but any more sets still available? I'm interested if there are...
Mikey914
Yes and no to the buy being open.
No - I'm correcting an interference problem with the front wheel and the grease caps. The Normal grease caps have nipples on them that cause the caps to not seat fully as they bind. I'm in the process of making a correct fitting part. I have the dimmensions finalized and just got material in and it's being blanked for processing. I've got a buddy working on it for me over the weekend I'll be polishing these and getting them to anodizing Tuesday, it will be roughtly 7 days before they are ready and I'll pick up and ship.

Yes I will extend the group buy as I shut it down as soon as I saw the problem. If you are interested I'll PM you from your posting on the thread if you want in. Other wise I'll just post as soon as they are ready here.

Thaks to all for your patience.
-mark
detoxcowboy
biggrin.gif Mark, The Front Caps are ill fitting on the isp west polished set too (your competitor in this center cap market> Just wanted to note that your may be the first aftermarket center cap maker to address this issue.. Your a pro and worth the wait and special attention.. plus the isp west site taller and do not have your excellent appearnce and anodizing

The only aftermarket caps I ever had that fit pefrect were the $350 set with the porsche center crest.. I sold them.. Waiting for your.. Joe
JRust
No problem Mark! You are moving quick man. We all appreciatte everything your are doing in reproducing parts for our cars. I'll get the 2 sent back when the replacements come. My car isn't on the road yet anyway sad.gif
mcbrems
Ackkk. Just got my Fuchs 4-lugs back from soda blasting, tested the center cap on one of my wheels, and the fit is loose by several mils. Here's a shot of the wheels I have (before blasting):

http://914electric.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/wheels.jpg
914Mike
QUOTE(anderssj @ Mar 29 2011, 11:19 AM) *

Does anyone know if the grease cap interference issue also applies to the early Pedrini wheels? My wheels are a few hundred miles away and I'm unable to check . . . .

Many thanks!

Steve A-

My Pedrinis and Fuchs are substantially the same. Fuch measured 30mm, Pedrini measured 30.3mm. This is from the wheel mounting surface to the hubcap mounting surface. Mine are early -00 Pedrinis, so YMMV... Also Fuchs have the hubcap recessed a few mm, Pedrinis do not. Someone could have polished the Pedrinis even thinner, but that's impossible with Fuchs.
anderssj
QUOTE(Mike914 @ Apr 1 2011, 02:52 PM) *

QUOTE(anderssj @ Mar 29 2011, 11:19 AM) *

Many thanks!

Steve A-

My Pedrinis and Fuchs are substantially the same. Fuch measured 30mm, Pedrini measured 30.3mm. This is from the wheel mounting surface to the hubcap mounting surface. Mine are early -00 Pedrinis, so YMMV... Also Fuchs have the hubcap recessed a few mm, Pedrinis do not. Someone could have polished the Pedrinis even thinner, but that's impossible with Fuchs.

Thanks for the reply! I've got the early Pedrinis too. There still in the original finish, so your measurements should be correct for mine too.

For Mark--thanks for the good work on this--no hurry here as the wheels are 200 miles away in NC. The caps look nice just sitting on the shelf!

Thanks again,

Steve A-
rwilner
Mark
Just curious -- any update on this? The back wheels look so good, my front wheels are jealous.
Mikey914
I got the first 1/2 done on these and got them to finishing. With a little bribery I've been told that they will be ready sometime on Monday. The other 1/2 will be done hopefully to exchange for the finished ones. I plan to start the exchange for the ones allready out there Tuesday.

I will be able to confirm availability on Monday, but I anticipate that I'll have these taken care of and have the 2nd half available to ship on the 18th.

Would have been sooner, but lost a drive on the lathe and had to have it replaced.

-Mark

montoya 73 2.0
Hey Mark, I don't need replacements. I will just use the original ones for the rear and the corrected caps for the front. Now I will have a extra set just in case (I love just in cases) I lose one or some little bastard ruins one while trying to steal them.
Mikey914
Great news -
Jot alll the caps out today from the orders that were placed on the website.
If you can simply exchange the new front ones with a pair that you recieved allready. I have included a address lable you can put over the one on the package you recieved, and postage inside the envelope, so you should easily be able to swap it out and drop in your mailbox. You will probably want to tape it back up, but if you open carefully, you can reuse the padded envelope it was shipped to you in.

Thanks all for your patience. I have another run out of the machine shop today and will be dropping them at finishing tomorrow. So I will actually be able to get more out. I plan to open up the group buy again as soon as I have a commotment from my finisher as to when I will have these in hand.

-Mark
MikeM
Thanks for the update Mark...I'll have to start watching my mailbox!!!
Mike
mcbrems
QUOTE(MikeM @ Apr 13 2011, 11:45 AM) *

Thanks for the update Mark...I'll have to start watching my mailbox!!!
Mike

I sent this a week ago with a couple questions:

-------------------
Hey Mark,

- Do you sell the airbox upper edge weather seal separately?

- Regarding the Rubber bumper to keep trunk from hitting deck lid,
you mention a metal angle bracket that must be used. How do I
get or fabricate one, and where and how is it mounted?

- I bought a couple of these guys: 914 Rubber roof holders - set of 2 left and right
and the right side was nice and rubbery and flexible, while the left side
was hard and stiff, and immediately sheared when I tried to put my
targa top in the trunk.

------------------

Thanks,
MarkB
Mikey914
Shipped out replacements to all that bought throug the website (most everyone). I have a few that bought direcly that I'm sorting through my PMs and emails for, but if you did please drop me a PM so I can exchange.
These should be showing up any day now and I'll be opening the group buy back up as soon as I get more back from finishing (this next week).
-Mark
detoxcowboy
Mark, I am still waiting on the Original Order for the set of 5.. Just a heads UP.. yellowsleep[1].gif
cantley914
Hey,
Any more available?
I would be in for a set!

Steph
Mikey914
I've got caught up on these and have machined the correct clearance to cover the grease caps in the front.

These are now available again!

Thanks to all for your patience.

I have extended the group buy til 5/15

http://shop.914rubber.com/product.sc?produ...p;categoryId=-1
Joe Owensby
Got my last two last week. They fit great and look great. The returns are in the mail back to you. Thanks again. Joe
eric9144
Order placed! piratenanner.gif
eric9144
Received the caps in the mail the other day, they are absolutely AMAZING...they make the my old factory ones look like they are the after market because the new ones are that good!

THANK YOU MARK!
Mikey914
Thanks guys. I would shure love to have some pictures installed, as my wheels have yet to be refinished and I would like to see what they look like on other than 4 lug fuchs.

Thanks to all for your support.
-mark
cantley914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Got mine today in the mail all the way up in Qc.
Excellent packaging. Undamaged and fast.
They're awesome.
Thanks Mikey! A+++ smilie_pokal.gif
beerchug.gif
eric9144
Pics of the caps installed! Along with a before and after shot. piratenanner.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914Mike
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 28 2011, 11:58 AM) *

Thanks guys. I would shure love to have some pictures installed, as my wheels have yet to be refinished and I would like to see what they look like on other than 4 lug fuchs.

Thanks to all for your support.
-mark

Here's one of my Pedrini's with my one lonely cap. (Waiting on 7 more, so I end up with 4 for the Fuchs, 4 for the Pedrini's.)Click to view attachment
Niklas
Hello!

Got my caps today!

Perfect! Superfinish!!!

Niklas
VaccaRabite
Did my replacement caps ever get mailed? My old and busted caps look old and busted, but I don't want to do the swap until I can do all 4.
Zach
Mikey914
Nope, my fault, I missed you they'll be on the way out the door tomorrow.
Sorry about that Zack.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.