Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the world needs now is another group buy thread.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mikey914
I'm just finishing up the machining on replacement center caps. I was looking at my old center caps and decided that I didn't want to use the OEM style as they require a special too to install and remove unless you want to dent the crap out of them like the ones I have.

These are going to be anodized to keep them shinny. The pictures are of the un-anodized parts, so the final product will actually be a little nicer.

Thought that there may be a few other people in the same boat.

These will be $80 after the group buy is over. I will keep this open for the month of March.

Thanks,
Mark
Mikey914
another
Mikey914
another
Mikey914
Last one. A few sets ready to go to finishing.
saigon71
Great looking parts Mark! Will these fit Perdini (spelling?) wheels?
DanT
wow, those are going to be great Mark..
If I didn't already have a set of nearly perfect stockers, I would be all over that goup buy...
good luck with this and keep up the great products.

any headway on the targa bar polished aluminum pieces on the rear? smile.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Mar 7 2011, 06:44 PM) *

Great looking parts Mike! Will these fit Perdini (spelling?) wheels?

I honestly don't know as I only intended to make them for the 4 lug Fuchs. My guess if if the old center stamped ones were interchangeable they would.

If you'd like to try a set a set and they don't fit, I'd refund your purchase and pay shipping back. I got to thinking I could send one to check the fit, but if it worked you would still need to order, and if it didn't I would have payed shipping already.

Lets see if anyone more knowledgeable wants to weigh in on this.
flipb
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Mar 7 2011, 09:44 PM) *

Great looking parts Mike! Will these fit Perdini (spelling?) wheels?

Mahles too?
DanT
since factory Fuchs, Mahles and Pedrinis all used the same center cap, I would think the ones Mark is making should fit as well on all 3. biggrin.gif

By the way this is a great price on these...even after the group buy.
MDG
If Mark has made them to fit the Fuchs they'll fit Pedrinis and Mahles as well.

Oh, and Mark - I'll take a set!
flipb
I'm in for a set.

(Does $59 include shipping?)
jim_hoyland
Very cool smile.gif I've gone 5 lug, but those are gonna make a lot of 4 lug wheels look great.
scrz914
I'm in for yet another one of your great products. So far I'll be buying these, your window trim, bumper tops and assorted seals.
Mike should be wait for the new items to be listed on your website or just chime in here for the group buy price?
rick 918-S
I'm going to get killed by the boss but I'm in. Can we group this with the windsheild trim?
Mikey914
I didn't include the shipping as I have a few things going on now. The rubber "donuts" are in production. These take a little longer to make as they have to be hardened, so they are the proper shore. I'll contact those in order with the info. I also have the chrome windshield trim and the wheel center caps going, so I will combine if you have several items you are in on.
Mikey914

Exactly, that was where I was going.
-Mark
I will combine
dlkawashima
Count me in for a set. driving.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(scrz914 @ Mar 7 2011, 07:41 PM) *

I'm in for yet another one of your great products. So far I'll be buying these, your window trim, bumper tops and assorted seals.
Mike should be wait for the new items to be listed on your website or just chime in here for the group buy price?

I'm starting the group buy stuff out here on a first signed up basis, I will eventually transfer the sales to the website, but this helps me to keep in touch here a little better when these things get launched. There are always questions like the interchangeability, ect. That way as the thread gets bumped and more people see it I can make any changes to production for next generation (if it can be improved) and address anything that may come up as they are being made. This part is pretty simple, but you never know.
Also, I should note that these are ever so slightly taller that the OEM part. about .120, and you wouldn't notice unless you set them next to an original. This was necessary to solve a production issue, but there are a few CWs that will point this out. I do appreciate the feedback, seriously I do. It helps me to make a better product where I can.
bfrymire
Sign me up for a set also.

-- brett
zx-niner
Definitely in for a set of these!
roadster fan
I'm in for a set for the Pedrini's on the the 71'!

Jim
luskesq
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 7 2011, 06:40 PM) *

I'm just finishing up the machining on replacement center caps. I was looking at my old center caps and decided that I didn't want to use the OEM style as they require a special too to install and remove unless you want to dent the crap out of them like the ones I have.

These are going to be anodized to keep them shinny. The pictures are of the un-anodized parts, so the final product will actually be a little nicer.

These will be $80 after the group buy is over. I will keep this open for the month of March.

Thanks,
Mark

I'll take a set Mark. They certainly look nice but how is it that they will be any easier to put on or take off than the old type? Regardless, I'm in.

Keith
JRust
I'm in for a set for sure Mark! You know those would make a great door prize at WCR idea.gif
montoya 73 2.0
I need a set. Mark, can we get some not anodized so I can polish?
silver74insocal
beerchug.gif you sir, kick ass!! im in for a set and i hope to combine shipping with the "engine tin grommet set" i pm'ed you about. as soon as i back from the hospital i will be resuming work on the car. DAve
Valy
One set for me please
watsonrx13
One set for me please... aktion035.gif

-- Rob
saigon71
Count me in for a set. Thanks for all your efforts Mark! beerchug.gif
westo2
Mark,
I'm in for one set of these as well....

-Weston
VaccaRabite
in for a set!!!

Mine look like they have gone through a war!
Zach
MikeM
If these will fit Mahles, amd I assume they will, I'm in for a set.
Mike
914werke
At the risk of being pummeled by the collective, but is it too late or even possible to alter their dimensions to more closely match the *early* OE caps?
The early versions had a more pronounced "lip" that covered more of the machined area at the center of the wheel. New ones available now have a decidedly narrower Lip
7TPorsh
Will these fit the Fuchs copies? 2.5" center hole?
rwilner
In like Flynn -- pm sent. Does the 59 include shipping?
gary gartner

Put me down for a set, Please
Thanks, Mark

Gary Gartner
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(rwilner @ Mar 8 2011, 11:24 AM) *

In like Flynn -- pm sent. Does the 59 include shipping?

Answer:

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 7 2011, 07:43 PM) *

I didn't include the shipping as I have a few things going on now.

Mikey914
The 59 didn't include shipping as I have several group buys going and thought it would be more difficult to combine and get the math correct. Shipping would run $6 flat rate envelope with some packing to protect these during transit.
Niklas
Hi Mikey.

One set for me too.
I will PM you with details were to send them to me.

Niklas
Chris H.
I'm in for one set. Those look really nice.
edrotol
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 7 2011, 07:40 PM) *

Thanks,
Mark

Put me down for two sets of four (4) each set. Thanks.
jzdu
I'll take a set.

Thanks, Brian
black73
One set for me, please. smilie_pokal.gif
anderssj
Mark,

Thanks for making these! I'll take a set.

Steve A-
rjames
They certainly look nice but how is it that they will be any easier to put on or take off than the old type? Regardless, I'm in.

Keith

Forgive me if I missed it, but did this question get answered?

Thanks!
EdwardBlume
Two sets please. Thanks!
mike914duck
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 8 2011, 05:28 PM) *

Two sets please. Thanks!

I would like to counted in for a set let me know the payment process they look great
thanks Mike Landry mike914duck
Mikey914
QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 8 2011, 05:26 PM) *

They certainly look nice but how is it that they will be any easier to put on or take off than the old type? Regardless, I'm in.

Keith

Forgive me if I missed it, but did this question get answered?

Thanks!

YES, much easer. A rubber mallet, pops right in. They remove by using a rod in the center and will not deform the top. The other + here is that not being steel, there will be no galvonic corrosion.

smg914
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 8 2011, 10:01 AM) *

At the risk of being pummeled by the collective, but is it too late or even possible to alter their dimensions to more closely match the *early* OE caps?
The early versions had a more pronounced "lip" that covered more of the machined area at the center of the wheel. New ones available now have a decidedly narrower Lip

It was the very first thing I noticed when I saw the photo. I know this doesn't matter to most on this forum with the extremely reasonable cost being more important, however, was there a reason the lip that meets the wheel couldn't have been made like the factory original ones? It should be approx. 4mm wide.
lucky25
I'll take one set please
Lucky25
Mikey914
QUOTE(smg914 @ Mar 9 2011, 06:01 AM) *

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 8 2011, 10:01 AM) *

It was the very first thing I noticed when I saw the photo. I know this doesn't matter to most on this forum with the extremely reasonable cost being more important, however, was there a reason the lip that meets the wheel couldn't have been made like the factory original ones? It should be approx. 4mm wide.

These are actually a little different, you are correct. It was necessary to take up a little of the edge and make them about .120 taller, to get enough offset for the inner rim. I originally tried to make them solid, but it needed more give to keep the outside edge from shearing when installed. This was a small trade off that was made to make it more durable. The outside edge or outer OD is the same, but we did encroach on the inner edge slightly. I'll provide the dimmension this evening. We tried to be as true to the original part as possible without compromising the product. I'll also show you why we did this.

mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.