Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EFI for 1k
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
kevin311
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 3 2014, 01:27 PM) *

QUOTE(914forme @ Apr 3 2014, 09:59 AM) *

CB Compitition Fuel injection system was ran on Doc Nugent's 914 Lite project. Worked great for his car.914 Lite Project Page

Lifted from the siteA "big four" displacing 2.5 liters (2499cc to be exact): 103mm bore and 75mm stroke with CB Performance's Ultra Competition fuel injection (four 31 lb. injectors in a pair of Weber-like 48mm throttle bodies),"

As for meeting the sub $1K price.

Simplest is MicroSquirt, and stock EFI parts. You could change your injects to hi resistance units to save a bunch of resistors hanging out. The MicroSquirt is pretty small and water tight so mount it where ever you wish.

Might be able to do that build pretty cheap, I would get a 1.7, or 1.8L intake, they flow better than the 2.0L does. And more even fill of the runners.

OK....but...how many people have done this? Meaning MS with the stock components.

Please raise your hands for under a $1,000

I have bye1.gif

I installed MS2 V3.57 with a MS relay board and wiring harnesses for far less than 1k.

I got the ECU on CL for $200 and ordered everything else on DIYautotune. I actually have a spare set of all of the above with a tuning cable for sale in the classifieds.

I used all stock D-jet parts except for the TPS which I pulled from a junkyard. I had to fab up a plate with 5 holes to make it work on the stock throttle body (took less than an hour). After that it is just soldering the D-jet connectors to the wiring harness and start tuning. You tell the system what the resistance specs of your sensors and TPS are and the flow rate of the injectors.

You don't actually need any resistors in line to use the stock injectors. There is a setting in MS called PWM that accounts for the low-resistance injectors.

All in i think I had this up and running for less than $600. I already had a d-jet system on the car so I had all of those parts already.
r_towle
how does this type of system work with a lot of overlap on the camshaft??

rich
Mark Henry
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 3 2014, 01:27 PM) *

QUOTE(914forme @ Apr 3 2014, 09:59 AM) *

CB Compitition Fuel injection system was ran on Doc Nugent's 914 Lite project. Worked great for his car.914 Lite Project Page

Lifted from the siteA "big four" displacing 2.5 liters (2499cc to be exact): 103mm bore and 75mm stroke with CB Performance's Ultra Competition fuel injection (four 31 lb. injectors in a pair of Weber-like 48mm throttle bodies),"

As for meeting the sub $1K price.

Simplest is MicroSquirt, and stock EFI parts. You could change your injects to hi resistance units to save a bunch of resistors hanging out. The MicroSquirt is pretty small and water tight so mount it where ever you wish.

Might be able to do that build pretty cheap, I would get a 1.7, or 1.8L intake, they flow better than the 2.0L does. And more even fill of the runners.

OK....but...how many people have done this? Meaning MS with the stock components.

Please raise your hands for under a $1,000

I've done it for $1200 with SDS and stock ignition and most of the stock intake bits. Obviously talking no labour $.
I did it for just over $1400 with crankfire ignition on my 1.8 with mostly d-jet parts.

But this is full pop for a new SDS system, I see systems all the time on evilbay and Craigslist for 500-600 bucks.
kevin311
Oh yeah, I should have said I was using stock ignition as well triggering fuel by the coil negative.

I can't say anything definitively about the cam overlap but this system is used on everything from turbo rotary engines to v12's. Alot of guys in my area use it for their drag muscle cars so I imagine it would he fine. I had the stock cam.

Please excuse any weird stuff. Im typing this on my phone.

beerchug.gif
Randal
Did you see my ad? I'm selling my spare link ECU.

If you want the ITB, i.e., 45MM TWM TB's with injectors, fuel rails, stainless fuel lines, manifolds, air cleaners, linkage, fuel regulator and filters, high performance fuel pump and filters, take a look at my engine that is for sale. The best of everything.

Oh, the harness. I had Neal Harvey build mine, but it was three times the budget you outlined.

Did you see my offer to share the harness diagram with you? dry.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Randal @ Apr 3 2014, 08:17 PM) *

If you want the ITB, i.e., 45MM TWM TB's with injectors, fuel rails, stainless fuel lines, manifolds, air cleaners, linkage, fuel regulator and filters, high performance fuel pump and filters, take a look at my engine that is for sale. The best of everything.

Oh, the harness. I had Neal Harvey build mine, but it was three times the budget you outlined.

Wow, nice motor for sale.

A bit more than I would spend for a type 4 motor...I would go for a six at that price.

For about 7k I would be interested, and yes I know that is too low.

After that, I would buy a 3.6 and get it done.
Randal
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 3 2014, 05:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Apr 3 2014, 08:17 PM) *

Wow, nice motor for sale.

A bit more than I would spend for a type 4 motor...I would go for a six at that price.

For about 7k I would be interested, and yes I know that is too low.

After that, I would buy a 3.6 and get it done.

The reason for a big four, in racing, is simple. Lighter and if built right, more torque. So it's just a competition thing, really. biggrin.gif
914forme
Instead of Mega / MicroSquirt you might want to look at these also.

GoTech

That one will work for a 4 cyl. car. The trick will be getting a engine temp sensor to work. But the price is pretty low thank you conversion rate. Here is a link to the manual. Installation Manual

It looks like a pretty nice little setup for the price. Now of course not having ever used one, I don't know. But I will know in a year or so once I get the rest on my suby conversion done. I might have just gotten sheeplove.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.