Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW - Who plans to go to the Porsche Meet at Issaquah on May 1st?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Comanchepilot
Will do. Looking forward to some good weather tomarrow FINALLY! driving.gif
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Comanchepilot @ Apr 30 2011, 10:35 PM) *

Will do. Looking forward to some good weather tomarrow FINALLY! driving.gif

I'll be at the rest stop just south of Everett at 9:00 of anyone wants to join in. See you in a couple hours. . .
Root_Werks
Nate, Michelle and I will try to be there at 9AM driving.gif
pjhaun
Doesn't anybody have pictures of todays get-to-gether?
pjhaun
Here are a few pictures of todays get together before going to Issaquah.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
pjhaun
Second set of pictures.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
pjhaun
Click to view attachment
One more picture for now.
pjhaun
Click to view attachment
pjhaun
Here are a couple of pictures at the XXX.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
pjhaun
Click to view attachment
pjhaun
Click to view attachment[
familienauto
Nice to see everyone.

Zach
PeeGreen 914
Who has the all blue car with the roll bar?
RickS
Good showing by the teeners today. It sure beats seeing just one in a crowd of new bling-mobiles. I came late and brought my silver-6. Parked over by the trailer since the World parking was full. There was also a beautiful black original 6 with 7s all around - owned by Mark - a real stunner.
KELTY360
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ May 1 2011, 07:40 PM) *

Who has the all blue car with the roll bar?

His name is Logan; nice guy. He said the car was on CL for quite awhile (I remember seeing the ad) and then no more. He found it on a dealer's lot and bought it.
Daiberl
It was great to see again so many Teeners, perfect weather and nice people. I also enjoyed seeing another Bumblebee, great car and I'm looking forward to see the car more often (need to check my vacuum hoses and compare with what he has biggrin.gif ).

And thanks for Greenie and Kelty to declare my car as the winner as the dirtiest Teener at the meeting, next time I will wash the car, promise smile.gif

- Juergen
RRietman
Yeah that black six was killer, I think original paint? the car I would most want to drive home with? the 67 911s soft window targa. that car stole the show imho. (and I'm in the 356 group)
Randy
KELTY360
QUOTE(RRietman @ May 1 2011, 09:41 PM) *

Yeah that black six was killer, I think original paint? the car I would most want to drive home with? the 67 911s soft window targa. that car stole the show imho. (and I'm in the 356 group)
Randy

Actually, the COA was on display on the seat and indicated the car was originally silver. Doesn't detract from the fact it was a real beauty.
KELTY360
I've got pictures to post but haven't had time to do it this evening. Here's a tease.

Click to view attachment

More to come tomorrow.
Root_Werks
What a great sunny day!

For those in the know, Michelle and I took off to get the 914 home......driving or towing.

sad.gif

Buuuuuuuuut, just before the I-90, I-405 interchange I noticed it was running on all 4 again, no smoke. Pulled really smooth and strong up the on ramp.

Drove the rest of the way home perfectly, purred like a kitten, idled perfect, everything.

confused24.gif

It's #3, either a plug wire or injector. I didn't bother looking, compression tests proved all cyl's are 155psig +/- a couple of lbs between them. So no mechanical issues. I'm not going to worry about it right now, gotta get the tranny pulled this week and while everythings out, I'll have a better look.

driving.gif
KELTY360
I'll apologize in advance for some of these pictures. With all that bright sunshine the lighting was less than ideal...deep shadows, glare, sun flares....it was a real ordeal but we suffered through. shades.gif

It's not easy getting 3 914s in a straight line, much less nine. driving.gif
Click to view attachment

Two of the three Crandall family sixes (red & silver) cruised up from the Tacoma area
Click to view attachment

Fresh off of restoration jackstands, Juergen's Bumblebee basked in the harsh glare. He's still adding finishing touches but it's great to actually see this long rumored LE. It will look really good once he gets it washed slap.gif
Click to view attachment

Didn't get the name of the owner of this sanitary -6 conversion.
Click to view attachment

Geoff Bleyseng's 914 hadn't been seen in these parts for awhile. How do you suppose he got that cool license number?
Click to view attachment

Springtime must bring out the Bumblebee's because 914 newbie (longtime 356 owner) Dave Sweeney showed up with his new treasure that was recently imported from N. Carolina
Click to view attachment

914 vultures evaluate a donor poke.gif
Click to view attachment
Bleyseng
It was great to see everyone out enjoying the sunshine, a rare day in the NW. I was happy to drive my 914 after a years hiatus and even hit 100mph going across the I90 bridge...haha, I guess I am still driving Surinamese crazy....

Got to talk to Dan, Rich and Mark and some newbies and so nice to see some new cars in the NW.
KELTY360
The great weather brought out a large and interesting contingent of unusual iron.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

As an added bonus there was a VW "Cruise for a Cure" event going on two miles away at Lake Samammish St. Park. This annual event always has a fascinating assortment of people and cars.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
KELTY360
Of course, no VW event is complete without classic buses.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It felt so good wandering among the diverse collection of iconic vehicles of all strata...patina to pristine...utilitarian to exotic...all under the umbrella, so to speak, of people sharing a common interest while soaking in the first truly warm day of the year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.