Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: progress pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
i love porsche
i think this part needs to be replaced...im going to check my parts car..but does anyone have this?
i love porsche
got started on the top
i love porsche
the further i get, the worse it looks!
Dead Air
Amazing!!
I can't remember but I think it was (member) gint who had a link to a metal shaping web site that had allsorts of info about how to identify diff metals using sparks off a grinding whell.
Maybe I put it in favorites. If I can find it I'll shoot it to ya!
Dead Air
metal shaping and finishing

There might be some other links near that one that will give you an idea or two!

Keep on keeping on!!
i love porsche
thanks for the site...thats helpful!
MattR
QUOTE (i love porsche @ Jun 9 2005, 11:18 AM)
the further i get, the worse it looks!

I think its PURDEY biggrin.gif

It looks like its coming along well. What color are you going with? (sorry if you've already answered, but 6 pages is a lot to read during finals week... unsure.gif )
i love porsche
im going with signal orange...its the original color i believe
Allan
icon_bump.gif
i love porsche
haha...thanks for the pity bump

i can actually post some pictures of the bondo ive been doing on the doors and the repair of that area...ill get those soon
i love porsche
eh..i figure id post something

the 914 in the current state, and my somewhat newly acquired 924S =]
thesey914
aluminium V stainless
A good way to tell is with a magnet..
(although not all stainless is magnetic.. huh.gif )
i love porsche
i did the magnet test, and it was not magnetic..thats why i initially thought it was aluminum..but stainless turns out to work ok =]
i love porsche
FINALLY an update!

i began installing the battery tray today, i had to make my own mount...(didnt come out that great, but it will get the job done) and started welding it in....its just toooo cold to be outside working on the car for more than a few hrs...its about 30 here

so i cleaned up the hell hole with a cable brush on my angle grinder a bit, you can see where the PO did the hell hole repair
i love porsche
heres the part i cut out of some metal i have, before i shaped and tweaked it to fit
i love porsche
and here is the battery tray and support, partially welded in

the paint is just to try and protect it a bit..i know there is surface rust everywhere else, but i am going to sandblast the whole engine bay this spring
i love porsche
finally am going to have some progress soon!!!
i recieved the Inner long reinforcement kit today in the mail..maybe ill put it in next week....

here it is all nice and pretty
i love porsche
i made a tool today to adjust and hold the doorgaps while the car is on jackstands with the stiffening kit put in,

one side goes to the door hinge holes, then to a threaded rod, to a turnbuckle, where the other side is reverse thread, and then is welded to the other side of the door jamb..so just turning the center turnbuckle will adjust and hold the gaps...

im counting on that the system will be in tension while its on jackstands, because i think it would probably buckle in compression....so we will see, and i made one for each side
i love porsche
yesss!!!

picked up a sideshift trans today and a sideshift engine mount bar!! and got 2 rear koni's that need to be rebuilt for free....

good stuff =]
i love porsche
few and far inbetween but i got a nice present today when i came home..my new wheels were waiting for me!

16x8 and 16x9.5 pedrinis....oh they are nice... and DEEP

got them from a club member, thank you jason!
jasons
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Nov 21 2006, 02:49 PM) *

few and far inbetween but i got a nice present today when i came home..my new wheels were waiting for me!

Glad they got there safe and sound. Those wheels are F'n B-A-D.

i love porsche
ok...well i spent a little bit of time with the 914 today after a LOOOONG period of not working on it...and i think i have a plan

this summer's goal is to get the bodywork and paint finished so that the reassembly can finally begin. i figure i will set a series of small, achievable goals for myself, so that i dont get overwhelmed..so heres the ideas

remove all glass and trim

strip each panel, one at a time to bare metal (if i can look at a bare quarter panel at the end of the day, instead of a quarter bare cfar..i think i will feel better about what got done)

save $$ and buy some real steel flares to replace the FG ones (This is a biggie)

strip underbody and repaint (hopefully we can get some time at movietime cars for this)

strip engine bay and repaint.

do nessicary body work on car ONE PANEL AT A TIME

when body work is finished...paint it and enjoy

hopefully that will conclude my summer...and i think ill need some help from the Northeast guys this summer...who wants in

-Aaron
type11969
NNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Yeah, I'm in.
greybeard50
Great long term post! Most of us would not keep it alive for this long.

I do have one warning, however. NEVER EVER, EVER use concrete block for jacking or blocking. Build up some 2x4's or 2x6's, steal a RR tie, Or ???

Just DO NOT USE concrete blocks. Please....
i love porsche
OH MY GOD PROGRESS!!!!!

dropped the car off at the media blaster today, next week it will be primed so i can install my engman kit and do some minor welding, then it goes back to the shop to get bodywork and paint....you have no idea how excited i am, things are finally going to start moving!
turboman808
Thats awesome. Who knows next year we will both have running cars and free time to use them.

jd74914
Nice Aaron!

If I may ask, about how much is the blasting costing? We are thinking of going that route with one of our cars.
i love porsche
the guy was telling me between 600 and 800 for the blasting, and then primer was extra, im expecting to be under 1500 for everything
i love porsche
brought the 914 home from the blaster last night, its all one color (primer white) and its lookin like i can finally make some progress!

pics will be up tonight
jonferns
icon_bump.gif

Aaron, you never posted those pics laugh.gif Hows the progress coming along? You have a PM.
i love porsche
yes lol i never posted the pics...never took them either...the car is in the garage at the moment...i decided that i would rather save my money for a downpayment on a house, than to put it into the car....it was a really really tough decision....but....when im ready, the car will still be here
rick 918-S
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Nov 21 2006, 01:49 PM) *

Dude those wheels are sic! aktion035.gif What's the story behind them?
914itis
This project ended up in my backyard a few months ago. from what I heard, he gave up and sold it to someone else who sold it to me.

Here is the link for the new thread.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=138680&hl=
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.