Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: progress pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
i love porsche
heres a few pics of what we did on my teener the other day, primed the trunk, took off the dash and started to strip the engine bay..its coming along =]
i love porsche
nother
i love porsche
another
i love porsche
another
i love porsche
another
i love porsche
last
AZ914
Looks good! What are your plans for finishing the car?
rick 918-S
WTG! clap56.gif
i love porsche
well first i am going to finish the chassis..by stripping it and repainting it and i am going to install the stiffening kit into the engine bay and paint that...then the interior and i will transfer the 1.7 from my 71 parts car over, and get a sideshift trans....then i start saving for the rebuild....while i do other minor things
lmcchesney
That's great. Hopefully, you are having fun.
L. McC
i love porsche
ok..well i began taking the engine out the other day, im gonna finish it tomorrow after i get the cv joint bit...but heres some pics of what got done..
i love porsche
more
i love porsche
more
i love porsche
more
i love porsche
finally got the engine out...doyou like my new floor jack? =]
i love porsche
more
i love porsche
ready to come out
i love porsche
finally out!
i love porsche
the hell hole
i love porsche
packed and ready to go =]
seanery
where are you working? Why is the floor always wet? Radiator Leak? blink.gif
i love porsche
ive got my parts car stored at an empty warehouse where my dad works..the place used to be a paint factory, but now its just a stock point, so there is alot of empty space...i dont have room at home..so i keep my parts car there...the roof leaks alot...and its a pretty nasty place so the floor is always wet and slimy hehe
i love porsche
ok..so i began repair on a rust hole in the front trunk today. i cut out the hole..pretty generously, then i cut a piece from my parts car to fit it. i "persuaded" it to fit as best as possible, and i welded the top half, ill do the bottom next week and prime it

heres some pictures

the hole
i love porsche
the donor piece
i love porsche
all fitted up
i love porsche
all welded up welder.gif

not too bad for a first time..what do you think?
jgiroux67
Your black car looks incredible! I hope I can do even close to as good of a job as that. I have always wondered, why is the hood red?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(jgiroux67 @ Aug 21 2004, 02:04 PM)
why is the hood red?

why is the sky blue? biggrin.gif
i love porsche
hehe, well the hood (and doors now also) are red because they are from my 71 parts car, i bought this as a roller, and have since been working on it =]
i love porsche
more pics here, i cut out the rear piece from the parts car,

warning to everyone...if you dont know what youre doing when cutting apart a car..find out! otherwise it will end up looking like this!
i love porsche
heres the piece
i love porsche
other side
i love porsche
the hole in my trunk
i love porsche
and the piece thats going in
bryanthompson
What did you use to get into the wee corners when you cut the old lower trunk piece out? Also... did you cut the braket out separately or did you just cut the whole shebang with the floor piece? From the pics, it looks like there's a bracket there, but I can't tell for sure.

Keep up the good work!
i love porsche
in the corners of my car were actually thick chunks of some type of filler!

i think they may have been from the factory..because there was a layer of orange paint on them..for that part i just used a hammer and chisel...

i cut around the tow hook reinforcements and the bumper mount reinforcements, i dont trust my welding skills to weld those back on, so i cut out that part on the piece im putting in

thanks for posting your thoughts..i dont feel so alone now =]
type11969
Aaron-
I can't help but notice that you have a nice part car that you are hacking up here in NJ. What all are you going to use from that parts car? There is some sheet metal that I could really use on my 914, and not having to pay shipping from CA would be choice.

Specifically I am looking at the rear fenders, both of mine some PO did a real hot rivet and bondo job at the base of the sails.

Let me know, and let me know if you ever want some help, I'm only bout a half hour from you.

-Chris
type11969
Oh yeah I could also really use the trunk lock if you still have it, the fog lights, dunno if you have the bumpers, let me know what you want for this stuff if you are interested in selling it.

-Chris
i love porsche
yeah we can definetly make a dea for the rear fenders, and you can help me take them off too...im not sure how to do that, foglights, im takin em for my car, bumpers too, sorry, and i have the rear trunk lock too...pm me and we can organize something =]
i love porsche
installed the engine shelf this weekend..lots of metal fitting!

first some grinding, then some hammering and heating, then morehammering and heating and grinding, then cutting, then more hammering..finally some welding, then more hammering, and then more welding
i love porsche
now it fits!!!
i love porsche
then the welding!
i love porsche
and its in!
sgomes
Great stuff man! Keep it coming! smilie_pokal.gif
watsonrx13
Great job, I knew you could do. smilie_pokal.gif Hope my post helped.
thesey914
That red 'Hoody' looks much too nice to be welding in......My old welding jumper looks like its just been peeled off a tramp. rolleyes.gif
i love porsche
ehh...its an old hoodie =]

watson, your posts definetly helped alot! thanks a bunch..this saturday, i will fill the hole in the trunk
i love porsche
did alot this weekend, lots of fun, filled in the holes in the engine bay, and started installing the peice for my trunk =]
i love porsche
a lil welding =] welder.gif
i love porsche
so..who knows what i forgot to do?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.