Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking for 914-6 CV joint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Gelb
Hello 914 friends,

I've bought a 914-6 two years ago. Since I have my new six in my garage I'm working on my restoration project. During the tear down of axles (original six with 25 splines) I noticed one cv joint is worn. Two are brand new one used but without any grooves and one bad. Now I have the possibility to change to 4 cylinder axles ore I modify the 6 axles with cv's coming from 911. I also tried to get one from different companies with any outcome.

Maybe there is one 914-6 colleague which has already done the step to an 944/911 axle conversion and has one/more original used cv's on stock and like to sell them.

SirAndy
QUOTE(914Gelb @ Jul 8 2011, 01:59 AM) *

Hello 914 friends,

I've bought a 914-6 two years ago. Since I have my new six in my garage I'm working on my restoration project. During the tear down of axles (original six with 25 splines) I noticed one cv joint is worn. Two are brand new one used but without any grooves and one bad. Now I have the possibility to change to 4 cylinder axles ore I modify the 6 axles with cv's coming from 911. I also tried to get one from different companies with any outcome.

Maybe there is one 914-6 colleague which has already done the step to an 944/911 axle conversion and has one/more original used cv's on stock and like to sell them.

I could be wrong, but i don't think there are any 911 CV's that are a direct bolt in for the 914-6 CVs ...
idea.gif

welcome.png
914Gelb
You are right, conversion to 911 CV's are more than just the CV's. I read already a postings/descriptions. Thanks.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914Gelb @ Jul 25 2011, 10:32 PM) *

You are right, conversion to 911 CV's are more than just the CV's. I read already a postings/descriptions. Thanks.

You could always save your original 914-6 axles and CVs and replace them with modified /4 axles using 944 CVs. That way, you get bigger and stronger CVs and the 944 units are still available.

I did this on my car and it has been working great so far.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=80641

bye1.gif
mskala
Or you can use stock 914-4 axles with -4 CV's, or beetle CV's that have the
2 holes drilled larger for the pins (PMB Performance).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.