Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jason's Rookie 3.2 Conversion Q & A Thread!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rick 918-S
Sweet! beerchug.gif
AZ914
Ha, well not 100% of every nut and bolt but pretty close. smile.gif Thanks for the fastners Mike!

In that video, we didn't have the O2 sensor in so we were getting some bypass of the muffler. It sounds much cleaner with that in.

Big thanks to Mike, Joe Sharp, and Joe from Series9 for spending a solid 2+ days with me getting this thing going. Also thanks to Waide, Travis, and JasonS who came by and helped fetch some parts and did a little wrenching themselves. beerchug.gif

I'm a happy camper ! aktion035.gif

I still have a list of things to do before RRC11 but its all doable, just hope not to hit any major snags!
SLITS
What's this .... no video ... Did Wills cheap out as usual?
MoveQik
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 28 2011, 09:25 AM) *

Hey smart guy, look up 3 posts. slap.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 28 2011, 09:29 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 28 2011, 09:25 AM) *

Hey smart guy, look up 3 posts. slap.gif

Sorry Dude ... hit the one with the weak kneed yellow car in error. biggrin.gif

Nice sounding ... no smoke on startup ... will wonders ever cease?
moparrob
Excellent!

That sounded nice, even with out the sensors installed.

Which muffler are you using?
AZ914
QUOTE(moparrob @ Aug 28 2011, 12:42 PM) *

Excellent!

That sounded nice, even with out the sensors installed.

Which muffler are you using?

It is a Triad sport, dual tip. It was pretty raspy and I thought, oh oh... the neighbors are going to kill me. But then Joe remembered we had an open bung on one side. It sounds really nice.
AZ914
QUESTION 5 (I think) biggrin.gif

Background on my throttle cable: When I removed my old one, the ball socket was attached normally, but then the wire actually ran (or was wedged) between the pedal board support and the accel pedal spring (to the right of the pedal. That seemed wrong to me (unless they did that to get it out of the way). The throttle worked fine.

So I installed my -6 throttle cable and just let it float back into the tunnel. The throttle works fine but I can hear some squeaking etc in the tunnel, mostly near the top, as though it is rubbing on something. I am sure it is not crossed with the clutch cable as I did the clutch test and got no revs.

QUESTION: Is there a specific place to route this cable up by the pedal? As for squeaking, maybe shoot some WD40 or similar up the cable tube from the engine bay?

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.