Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

jsayre914
Next stop....

WARRIOR ENGINE

to see if my 94mm are now 96mm

popcorn[1].gif
hot_shoe914
Would you quit Fuching around and finish this thing already? poke.gif I need something to driving.gif in the AX in Hershey this year! beerchug.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 3 2012, 10:00 PM) *

Would you quit Fuching around and finish this thing already? poke.gif I need something to driving.gif in the AX in Hershey this year! beerchug.gif

dry.gif
I really am workin on stuff.... really

I stopped by the shop yesterday, and my case was bueatiful wub.gif The jugs were finished and he showed me the fit with the KB pistons. Fantastic. The job was so well executed, I gave him the crank and the flywheel to work on while i order the bearings.

I just called Dean @ Rabby Enterprises about 7 times rolleyes.gif , and placed my order for the bearings. You can,t be too careful ordering parts. The only interesting thing in my build is gonna be the rods.

The small end of the rods is shot, the machinest told me. They need to be rebuilt and the bushings available according to Dean are crap. They dont sell them, they just sell new performance rods. Mark @ Warrior engines insists that he can build the bushings himself better than anything money can buy. He manufactures his own bushings and uses them in Engines pushing 1600 horses. He gave me a price of 196 for all for rebuilt and balanced. I cant wait to see what they look like.

I trust all the experts here and I trust Mark, I figure Im not just saving money, but I am getting 30+ years of this guys reputation in the heart of my motor.

first.gif

The finish line is in sight. I should have everything back in my garage, ready to build with 2 weeks

cheer.gif grouphug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jan 4 2012, 10:26 AM) *
The finish line is in sight.

Is it done yet? confused24.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 4 2012, 01:31 PM) *

Is it done yet? confused24.gif

chair.gif

Do you west coast guys know it was 7 degrees last night
type47
And there's a problem with that? 7 degrees outside biggrin.gif gonna warm up to mid 40's later in the week. Sounds like an excuse for an engine build party beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer.gif chowtime.gif drunk.gif
Jake Raby
Dean told you the truth about the bushings... The material for them is now crappy and for the cost it takes to rebuild a set of OE rods we can replace them with a new H beam that will hold 400HP, already has ARP rod bolts.

Not to mention that the rods weigh 300 grams less than OE.
VaccaRabite
Those heads make me jealous.

Zach
jsayre914
Talked with Mark just now. He said I can pick everything thing up by the end of the week.

YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY !!

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Lookin like a great day today biggrin.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 4 2012, 09:42 PM) *

Zach

Joe - Give Zach some head.

jsayre914
QUOTE(Valy @ Sep 12 2011, 06:46 PM) *

And those injectors... if they've been waiting too much time, you may have some surprises.

welcome.png

I just called Rich @ cruzin performance to check when I had the injectors cleaned. It has been 2 years and a month blink.gif Wow time flys

Since they are still in the sealed packages, and numberd smile.gif Rich said he will re-check them for free

piratenanner.gif

Nice Guy.

If you havent heard of Cruzin.... check them out.

http://www.cruzinperformance.com/fuelinj.html

p.s. thanks for the tip Valy
beerchug.gif

jsayre914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 11 2012, 12:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 4 2012, 09:42 PM) *

Zach

Joe - Give Zach some head.

slap.gif
saigon71
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jan 11 2012, 12:23 PM) *

Talked with Mark just now. He said I can pick everything thing up by the end of the week.

YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY !!

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Lookin like a great day today :

beerchug.gif Excellent!

jsayre914
Everything is ready to go back togeather piratenanner.gif

Now I just need to figure out wtf im doin blink.gif

The rods look great, i am very happy with the work mark has done, I would reccomend his services if you have time to wait.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Dr Evil
Please dont mess this up poke.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 17 2012, 04:33 PM) *

Help him doc. poke.gif
VaccaRabite
Just ask questions and if I can I will swing over after work. Would have come over yesterday but you had some "birthday party." who puts of ahead of thier car?

Your case and rods look great. I am glad that mark came through for you.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jan 18 2012, 12:39 AM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 17 2012, 04:33 PM) *

Help him doc. poke.gif

I already have a day job, and a night job.
saigon71
Looks good Joe...glad you finally got all the parts.

You will have this thing back on the road before you know it. driving.gif

I have heard that the MPS needs to be tweaked to work well on a 2056. Have you found anyone to do this yet?

ChrisFoley
Joe,
I'm expecting to ship your new exhaust and AFR gauge late this week or first of next week. smile.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 18 2012, 11:11 AM) *

Joe,
I'm expecting to ship your new exhaust and AFR gauge late this week or first of next week. smile.gif

Oh Snap !

The secret purchase has been revield dry.gif

I have Tangerine Headers

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Thank you Chris !
Iam so excited to hang your work of art, onto my brand new 2056

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
first.gif
VaccaRabite
THAT!

YOU BUM! Its never going to reach your door, Sayre. It will go, shall we say, up in smoke.

*jealous*
Zach
scotty b
That may be the cleanest engine I hve ever seen beerchug.gif
jsayre914
I now have a case of Loose cannon waiting for the Brave souls that help me out

rolleyes.gif

Next question, What other than assembly lube do I need to purchase from the FLAPS
bozo914
Mmmm - Nice jugs........Looking very sanitary agree.gif

QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 19 2012, 11:41 AM) *

That may be the cleanest engine I hve ever seen beerchug.gif

yeahmag
Oh man! I love that beer!

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jan 19 2012, 08:46 AM) *

rolleyes.gif

Next question, What other than assembly lube do I need to purchase from the FLAPS

jsayre914
Thanks to whomever told me to recheck my injectors

beerchug.gif beer3.gif

The email I recieved today:

Hi Joseph,
Your injectors arrived and it's a good thing we checked them. Three of the four were indeed stuck closed from sitting. I ran them on the bench and within a couple of minutes, they all freed up. I backflushed them and ran them on the bench for about 10 minutes. They are now flowing fine once again.

cheer.gif
Gint
That bead blasted case is beautiful!
Dr Evil
Bead blast! Ah yes, make sure you clean the case out thoroughly! All the passages and such. You dont want that grit getting into your running parts.
tscrihfield
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 19 2012, 08:06 PM) *

Bead blast! Ah yes, make sure you clean the case out thoroughly! All the passages and such. You dont want that grit getting into your running parts.

agree.gif

I would spend a ton of time cleaning that thing to avoid any loose grit getting into the engine when complete!

I used to use pipe cleaners that are really long or take out all of the oil galley plugs and run a 22 cal barrel brush through it!
VaccaRabite
Mark painted that case, didn't he. Is it really that clean?

Zach
Dr Evil
Maybe time to put in threaded galley plugs so you can access the oil galleys for cleaning?

I have been doing this stuff with my Moto Guzzi parts that I have been blasting smile.gif
Porschef
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jan 19 2012, 11:46 AM) *

rolleyes.gif

That's a fine IPA. Engine looks good too
jsayre914
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jan 20 2012, 09:49 AM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jan 19 2012, 11:46 AM) *

rolleyes.gif

That's a fine IPA. Engine looks good too

Thanks,

I fogot to mention the Beer was bottled a week ago smile.gif
I got a connection smoke.gif
They actually brew it right near my work
jsayre914
anybody wanna put my engine togeather sat evening??

rolleyes.gif

engine buid party at joes.

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
VaccaRabite
I was over Sat night...
Joe is going to have a very nice engine, no doubt. He needs to clean the case interiors before he does any assembly, but that goes without saying.

He needs input for case sealant though. Is Loctite 474 still the stuff to use for sealing case halves? Is there another product that people prefer these days?

What about for the case bolts and jug bases? What is the sealant that people like for those areas these days?

NO LEAKS!

Zach
tscrihfield
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jan 22 2012, 11:11 AM) *

I was over Sat night...
Joe is going to have a very nice engine, no doubt. He needs to clean the case interiors before he does any assembly, but that goes without saying.

He needs input for case sealant though. Is Loctite 474 still the stuff to use for sealing case halves? Is there another product that people prefer these days?

What about for the case bolts and jug bases? What is the sealant that people like for those areas these days?

NO LEAKS!

Zach

I use permatex aircraft sealant.
http://www.permatex.com/products/automotiv...3_Sealant_a.htm

You can buy it at napa or Oreily auto. I have used it for a while and have yet to have a leak. I have also seen folks use a strip of dental floss along the bottom edge of the case to prevent leaks out the bottom. Hope this helps.
Dr Evil
Permatex is fine. Anaerobic sealant is what you are looking for.
jsayre914
OMFG
drooley.gif

These pipes are excellent Chris. Did I mention that tommorow is my Birthday. Excellent timing

beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

As far as the engine build party, Zach did come and brought Theo wub.gif So we watched movies with our kids and played Wii while eating pizza and drinking beer. We never actually made it to the garage. rolleyes.gif But it was worth it.

beerchug.gif beer3.gif Fun times
VaccaRabite
Yep, that's art. :jealous:

And we did make it out to the garage. We just didn't build anything. Clean your case so we can build stuff next time! poke.gif

Zach
hot_shoe914
Joe, I'm beginning to think you robbed a bank, or maybe harvested a crop. smoke.gif confused24.gif
jsayre914
Waiting to move foreward on my engine.... I figured I needed to work on somthing.

smile.gif

I went ahead and added some gauges to the teener today. (3) to be exact. I got rid of the clock and replaced it with an oil pressure gauge. It is smaller than the stock gauge, so I used a bit of superglue and managed to get my aluminum ring to fit pretty well. I didnt want to loose the uniform look with the trim rings I purchased.

The other 2 went on the pillar, a fuel pressure gauge to monitor the D-Jet, and a Air Fuel gauge to keep in tune. biggrin.gif I did not want to install the pillar at first, but bit the bullet when i saw the alternatives. I actually really like it

cheer.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

scotty b
poke.gif
Dr Evil
Joe doesnt care about looks, its obvious smile.gif
jsayre914
is it the white thats buggin you guys ??

Its not like i added neon underneath the car....

idea.gif huh.gif rolleyes.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 6 2012, 06:16 PM) *

Joe doesnt care about looks, its obvious smile.gif

Very true, I've seen him poke.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 6 2012, 06:22 PM) *

is it the white thats buggin you guys ??

Its not like i added neon underneath the car....

idea.gif huh.gif rolleyes.gif

Don't you mean undAneath ? confused24.gif
jsayre914
Delila says it makes my car a "REAL" racecar wub.gif
jsayre914
I should have the engine back this weekend from Tony @ Translog GT. Once I pick it up, I just need to dress it with my D-jet. I pulled everything out of the box to make sure I didnt lose anything rolleyes.gif I did. Cant find that damn head temp sensor, no worries cause Tony has one for me. smile.gif I purchased the resistor to richen up the mix so I could at least break in the engine. Then I may need help with adjusting the MPS, not sure yet. I do have an 02 sensor and I will be able to tell if its close.

Here is my stash as it came from hibernation

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.