Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G&R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet and Animal Flesh Roasting Festivus
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
SLITS
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 17 2011, 01:18 PM) *

I'll be there just to kick Ron's ass for out bidding me on eBay. Then I must get back to Vegas.

(at least I took his $300 auction to close to a grand! w00t.gif )

It is SOOOO nice to have friends finger.gif finger.gif finger.gif
get off my lawn
is it OK if I bring a friend?
He's from New York and looks a little like Richard Simmons.
Elliot Cannon
All you people better show up to this thing. It's well worth it. For those of you who don't show up, I will be hurling insults in your general direction. barf.gif And I know where you live. For those of you whom I will see there...in the words of the late great Phil Silvers, "gladaseeya". lol-2.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(get off my lawn @ Oct 17 2011, 04:59 PM) *

SLITS wants to know if he's kinda young looking. av-943.gif poke.gif
SLITS

Does he lick parts?
76-914
lol-2.gif Just don't let him wear those Richard Simmons shorts to the event.
euro911
QUOTE(dw914er @ Oct 15 2011, 10:56 AM) *
... And does anyone have spare rear transmission mounts? If so, I'll pick be interested.
If you're not concerned about being absolutely original, just use 911 mounts.
wertygrog
Hey all I could use trailing arms with good pivot bushings in them!!! My back wheels are flopping around like dead fishes. sad.gif sad.gif
'73-914kid
I'll be there! Coming back San Luis Obispo that Saturday night, and will definitely head out to riverside that morning. Artery clogging breakfast sounds damn good..
76-914
And does anyone have spare rear transmission mounts? If so, I'll pick be interested.
[/quote]
Ben, I might have a set stashed away. PM me if you want me to look around for them.
7TPorsh
It figures my fuel pump shenanigans started just in time to put my teener on jackstands for this event...though it made the last one.

I need one of Rotary914's fuel lines; is he coming?

Also need some of that ethynol approved hose...anyone?

Probably show up in my A4. German but no P car.
76-914
Do quick search here for "30R9". I posted a reply from Veyance Technologies re: where to buy. It should be one of the latest post on 30R9. And yes, Robert (Rotary) will be there. You'll save $$ buying them at the event.
get off my lawn
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 19 2011, 06:26 AM) *

Does he lick parts?

THAT'S THE GUY!
SLITS
QUOTE(get off my lawn @ Oct 20 2011, 05:01 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 19 2011, 06:26 AM) *

Does he lick parts?

THAT'S THE GUY!

You'll have to get SammyG to come 'cause he wants to kill him. Now that would be entertainment.
Elliot Cannon
WOW!! Sex cheer.gif driving-girl.gif AND violence. smash.gif ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif This is going to be a good one. smoke.gif
dw914er
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 19 2011, 05:41 PM) *
If you're not concerned about being absolutely original, just use 911 mounts.

I have no preference. I just wanted to see if anyone had any before I spend 30 bucks at Pelican.

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Oct 20 2011, 12:00 AM) *
I'll be there! Coming back San Luis Obispo that Saturday night, and will definitely head out to riverside that morning. Artery clogging breakfast sounds damn good..

Ahh, the REAL Cal Poly biggrin.gif

QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 20 2011, 07:15 AM) *
Ben, I might have a set stashed away. PM me if you want me to look around for them.

PM sent
Rotary'14
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 20 2011, 09:48 AM) *

It figures my fuel pump shenanigans started just in time to put my teener on jackstands for this event...though it made the last one.

I need one of Rotary914's fuel lines; is he coming?

Also need some of that ethynol approved hose...anyone?

Probably show up in my A4. German but no P car.

I'll be there with my SS fuel lines and an assortment of other stuff I don't need.

-Robert
Black22
I'll see you there Robert! What are you bringing? I will save you the trouble of transporting items that I need?

Do you have a drivers side headlight motor cover? The hard plastic one that covers the armature?
sean_v8_914
fun fun fun. I might even convince Susan to come...in the 10jreen.
76-914
Ben, I'm either insane or forgetfull because I can't find them sad.gif
a914luvr
There are a couple of parts cars there for the pickin' and for anyone feeling destructive, we can possibly break out the sawz-all! SLITS has the most complete parts car though. I think he calls it the "Gray Ghost" ? poke.gif

sawzall-smiley.gif
Thestigz06
looks like this one should wind up being pretty damn good! first.gif
dw914er
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 21 2011, 08:59 AM) *

Ben, I'm either insane or forgetfull because I can't find them sad.gif

No worries. Thanks for looking.
jim_hoyland
I'm driving the copper 914 with the new Saratoga ( now called WAS ) top for those who want to see one. Mark has done a remarkable job producing these tops.

Gonna post pics Sat of all the parts that I'll be selling.
Thestigz06
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 21 2011, 04:27 PM) *

I'm driving the copper 914 with the new Saratoga ( now called WAS ) top for those who want to see one. Mark has done a remarkable job producing these tops.

Gonna post pics Sat of all the parts that I'll be selling.

Been wanting to see one in person! w00t.gif
gary gartner

I should be there
Have a couple Restoration Design items to sell, a trunk floor and #P351 inner long member. not planning to haul out there, but may ship/deliver for a good home.

also I will be looking for a known good 2.0 ECU

See y'all tomorrow
Gary beerchug.gif

Brando
I will be there, with ribs and beer per usual. This time Baby-Back ribs instead of Costco beef ribs. Beer will be Newcastle or Spaten. If you don't like it, tough shit, bring your own biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Here are some pics of stuff I'm bringing, haven't priced anything yet, but all items will have a price on the item Sunday. One item in particular I want to highlight: I have an OEM Targa Top and lower Seal from Porshe. It's in the original bag with the OEM part number, not a repro.

See everyone tomorrow smile.gif
Als914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 22 2011, 12:31 PM) *

Here are some pics of stuff I'm bringing, haven't priced anything yet, but all items will have a price on the item Sunday. One item in particular I want to highlight: I have an OEM Targa Top and lower Seal from Porshe. It's in the original bag with the OEM part number, not a repro.

See everyone tomorrow smile.gif

Hi Jim,

Let me have first dib on the turn signal switch...so long as I don't get sheeplove.gif . w00t.gif poke.gif av-943.gif
dw914er
Just to be clear, this starts at 6:30?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Brando @ Oct 22 2011, 11:36 AM) *

I will be there, with ribs and beer per usual. This time Baby-Back ribs instead of Costco beef ribs. Beer will be Newcastle or Spaten. If you don't like it, tough shit, bring your own biggrin.gif

Where the hell have you been?
Series9
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 21 2011, 02:31 PM) *

QUOTE(wertygrog @ Sep 20 2011, 08:29 PM) *

Cool beans, I suppose it's time I meet the guy who goes by SLITS...

This picture is about 6 years old but I think you get the... umm...picture?

I was standing right there. That's the moment I met the man who would eventually promote me from Major to Raving. happy11.gif
sixnotfour
Slits / Ron / Superman ? Dont sell my Case...............Ill be Back.

Just got home from rennsport4 and have lots to do. Jeff
toolguy
SO I gotta ask, with all the chatter, How big and whats the attendance like at this expected ?? how many sellers and what kind stuff. . . ?? are we talking like the Porsche area at Pomona ??

I got a bunch of stuff [914-6] to get rid of but would like to be sure it's worth the time and trouble to haul it all up there. . .
a914luvr
I'd say on average we get 70 - 100 people, 20 - 30 914's and 10 - 20 people selling parts. It's ALL 914.

If your stuff is 914-6 specific, I'd say there's a good change you can unload most, if not all of it assuming your prices are realistic.
ruby914
Two more.
It looks like the wife and I will make it down there. I will be in the, mostly white, freshly scotch bright and Ajax cleaned WRX914.
I will bring some Carbon fiber "A" pillars and what ever else can dig up.

driving.gif driving-girl.gif
jim_hoyland
Just heard the 91 freeway is closed down until 7 am......
jim_hoyland
Thanks Ron and Glen for hosting another terrific 914 Swapmeet. Tons of great parts, lots of 914s, and a great crowd.

Also, big thanks to Dan, Richard, and Alberto for noticing my brake res was nearly empty. Whew !

Lastly, thanks to all who bought parts I brought.
Black22
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 23 2011, 05:17 PM) *

Thanks Ron and Glen for hosting another terrific 914 Swapmeet. Tons of great parts, lots of 914s, and a great crowd.

Lastly, thanks to all who bought parts I brought.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
dw914er
It was a great event! Thanks Ron and Glen beerchug.gif
sean_v8_914
I would like to thank Ron and Glen for throwing such a good party. we had a good time. it was great to see ya'll
Montreal914
Thank you guys for this event,

Unfortunately I didn't a chance to talk to many people as I had to leave way too early because of familly issues headbang.gif .

I have seen something about Mt Baldy, where can I get info on this event?

Thanks, smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Rotary'14
I think you mean the Halloween run,, click below

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=145089

-Robert
SLITS
Glenn and I thank all who decided to show up. It makes it worthwhile.

From the activity, it appears that this was the second largest event we have held. Some actually mysterious people showed up .. Brandon, Scott Kline (nice lady there Scott) & the infamous SammyG (without the Hawaiian shirt). I didn't count, but maybe 20 - 25 sellers and 200+ buyers. 4 Volkswagen Vans (cool), 25+ 914s on display, one UHaul truck, one Lotus and the usual assortment of assdraggers ............ Lot's of decent parts.

Rolled up to the gate at 6:34 AM and was greeted with 8 sellers already in line. Blew my mind.

Ran around like crazy, didn't get to buy all that I had the chance to look at. Glenn took all the heat in the cooking department ... actually almost ran out of food .. there were two hamburgers & one hot dog left over. All of Joe Sharp's / Betsy's Chili got eaten ... good stuff there. Toast made sure there was plenty of coffee flowing to go with the fat pills in the AM.

I don't remember who brought the Home Brew, but it was DAMN GOOD.

Sorry Jim ... never made it back for the fuse block. Missed a set of /6 HEs and other good stuff.

Loved the fact that Tom Gould (TCs' Garage) showed up. Tom is a hell of a good guy, a Porsche supporter and if you need something ... hit his website www.tcsgarage.com .

Pissed as many people off as I could av-943.gif

I know I missed a lot of people, but that's what happens. I think that everyone really enjoyed themselves. I am sorry that I could not take care of all the requests for this and that, but I am old ya know. It was just nuckin futz ... I love it.

No, I didn't take any pictures. I would hope someone had the time to do so.

Again, thanks to all who fuel our passion and allow Glenn & I to fuel yours.
boogie_man
Good times !!! And Ron I still need those euro lenses returned to the correct
buyer hissyfit.gif I missed those by seconds lol......got some cool stuff (thanks bajakevin) had to leave early though (sucked). Looked it was just getting goin
when I left....see you all soon....
SLITS
QUOTE(boogie_man @ Oct 24 2011, 08:55 AM) *

buyer hissyfit.gif I missed those by seconds lol......got some cool stuff (thanks bajakevin) had to leave early though (sucked). Looked it was just getting goin

What Euro lenses? I bought one from Tom Gould.
boogie_man
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 24 2011, 09:17 AM) *

Those be the ones lol-2.gif congrats
SLITS
QUOTE(boogie_man @ Oct 24 2011, 09:31 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 24 2011, 09:17 AM) *

Those be the ones lol-2.gif congrats

Well, since I now have a pair .... they could be For Sale ... I have to consult Slits & Professor 914 on appropriate pricing. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
Another great G&R. I got some nice parts for the car, met with some great people, saw a few I hadn't seen in awhile. Thanks Ron and Glen. See you all next time I hope.
Cheers, Elliot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.