Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G&R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet and Animal Flesh Roasting Festivus
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
SLITS
One score and 2 years ago Glenn and Ron brought forth on this continent, a new swapmeet, conceived in no cost, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal in their acquisition of rusty parts.

Now we are engaged in a great war with Germany & Suppliers, testing whether this swapmeet, or any swapmeet so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great asphalt parking lot. We have come to dedicate a portion of that parking lot, as a final resting place for those parts here gave their lives that that the 914 CASOBs might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. These brave parts, bent and rusty, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we sell here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who sold here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored parts we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these parts shall not have rusted in vain -- that this swapmeet, under Ron & Glenn, shall have a new birth of low prices-- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not tax us from the earth.

Yes folks, it's that time of year for the bi-annual G&R All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet and Animal Flesh Roasting Festival. It shall be noted that the date is going to be
OCTOBER 23, 2011

and that it shall be held in the back parking lot of
2727 KANSAS AVE, RIVERSIDE, CA, 92507..

The appointed time shall be 6:30 AM till whenever.

The events calendar:

1.) Gate will be open at 6:30 so that you may drive in and spread your worthless junk in the parking lot. Please note we do not mark off spaces or charge for them (fools that we are). You are free to pick up all the foreign objects that your tires are capable of. Please do not return them.

2.) Note that we have redone the entrance to the rear parking lot. The gate track is now buried so you will not be able to tear it out. The approach from the street is steep, as required by The City of Riverslime, so if you are fond of your front air dam approach it at an angle and slowly. We have plenty and don't want anymore.

3.) President Obama was contacted and invited to attend our attempt at spurring on our sluggish economy and he agreed, but being the first class liar he is we doubt he will show anyway.

4.) Our special guest was to be Osama Bin Laden but after many days of searching we couldn't find his dirty rotten stinkin body in the ocean. We give thanks to the fish and Seal Team 6.

5.) Jerry Brown was invited but declined when we told him he would not be allowed to sleep in the parking lot on a mattress and LR wasn't available anyway.

6.) Breakfast will be served for the early comers. Fat, Sugar & Grease, the Breakfast of Champions along with an unidentifiable hot colloid of oils will be available. Additional sugar and fake powdered milk will be available for those who cannot tolerate the taste.

7.) The Animal Flesh Roasting will occur sometime after 10 AM or when I damn well feel like lighting the BBQ. We will ask for a $5.00 donation to pay for the propane; it's expensive you know. The menu will feature only the cheapest ground bovine that we can find and tube steak --- hey, parts is parts. Condiments will be on hand along with tater salad or that stupid Italian Pasta crap. Cheese will be available for those that want to kill the taste of the bovine flesh. We really don't care what you put between your buns but please don't put our $5.00 there before dropping it in the cookie jar.

8.) As always, there is one unisex bathroom and it is not the parking lot. Be kind to your fellow men and women and deposit your body excretions in a proper receptacle. I believe we have ass-gaskets on hand for those of you that are danity.

9.) Please use the trash containers if I can find some. We would appreciate all cans and bottles to be placed in one container. That way we do not have to dig thru the discarded food for them. Secondly, finding 1/4 or 1/2 empty coke and water containers spread about violates my pet peeve... if you take it, use it and place the empty container in a suitable place. If you seem unwilling to find that suitable place, I will be more than happy to tell you where to put it.

10.) We will have entertainment in the main hall (a radio) but it will not be tuned to Rock and Roll or Football. It's the Sabbath so the venue will be Church music (First Church of Celestial Polygamy hosted by the Right Reverend Slits). Any other entertainment by the swapees is not authorized no matter how much we enjoy it.

11.) If your rusty junk doesn't sell and you are reluctant to take it home with you, we will provide a "free pile" for you to dump it in for the true treasure seekers (CASOBS) that will sift through it. If you seriously think that there will be no takers, there is at least one dumpster on the premises.

12.) Bringing 911 parts is perfectly acceptable IF they can be used in a conversion. If they can’t we will probably point you out, have a laughing fest and then stone you. Assdraggers are parts cars anyway.

13.) I won't write directions like I used to (maybe later if enough requests), but I will provide you with cell numbers. If we don't answer we probably don't want you here anyway. Ron, Slits, Mr. Abrasive is (951) 751-3584. Be careful what you say when you get Slits or Mr. Abrasive on the phone. Glenn is (951) 235-7349. We are near the intersection of the 91/215 and 60 Freeways in beautiful Riverslime, CA.

14.) If anyone finds any of this offensive in any way .... go fish. I am not here to please anyone except for the ladies. WhoooRah!

Well, that's about it for now. Glenn and I hope to see you here as we enjoy our little "Free Enterprise". We do not apologize to those who think their swap meets are better and charge.
StratPlayer
I'm assuming that's the date your swap meet starts?
SLITS
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 19 2011, 07:11 PM) *

I'm assuming that's the date your swap meet starts?

Well uh .... ya! I haven't had the energy to do the write up so I thought I would just post a date.

Great joint place! smoke.gif
76-914
I'm in. Not Emenem. Not M&M. In Like Flint. In n Out. Indeed. Indeed.
Tom_T
It's also the Rugby World Cup final on NBC that day......
idea.gif hmmmmm..... ....decisions, decisions..... may have to leave early! piratenanner.gif

Edit - Oh sheeeoot, just remembered that I'm still out of town that day anyway, so that means I miss both this year! sad.gif
Elliot Cannon
OK, mark this one on your calendar. I've been going to this event for a few years now and won't miss it. If you need something for the car or have something to sell/give away, this is the place. There are always some great looking cars there and last time (no shit) Lamonica showed up in his helicopter!! How cool is that? Donuts and coffee in the morning, great barbeque in the afternoon, cool cars and reasonably cool people. Have technical question about the car? I guarentee that someone will be there that thinks they know the answer. See you all there.
Cheers, Elliot
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 19 2011, 07:54 PM) *
Hmmm idea.gif When I was thinking about becoming a world-famous rapper, I was bummed because the name Eminem was already taken headbang.gif

But since I was a pretty shitty rapper anyway, I settled for the name Enema shades.gif

idea.gif I believe I need some 'thingies' for the Bat Mobile ... Oct. 23rd marked on me calendar cheer.gif
76-914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 20 2011, 11:27 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 19 2011, 07:54 PM) *
Hmmm idea.gif When I was thinking about becoming a world-famous rapper, I was bummed because the name Eminem was already taken headbang.gif

But since I was a pretty shitty rapper anyway, I settled for the name Enema shades.gif

Oct. 23rd - marked on me calendar cheer.gif

I like that name. If someone doesn't like your tunes and says it sounds like shit you can say "Look at the bands name, what did you expect?"
tavoman27
I hope to have my car ready by then so I will be there even if the car is not ready... I will call a few friends to go with me so I do not feel that lonely!!! it will be my first!!
Lamonica did show up a few times in his helicopter at the PCA Breakfast meetings... I do prefer his 914 though!!
skaufmann
Sorry, a couple months new here... but where?
eric9144
Scott, I'm thinking we can caravan up from SD, my helicopter is on jackstands smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(skaufmann @ Sep 20 2011, 12:25 PM) *

2727 Kansas
Riverside, Ca. 92507

914_teener
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 20 2011, 01:25 PM) *

2727 Kansas
Riverside, Ca. 92507

Holy smokes....my teener is actually running from crap I picked up there .......at this joint?

Now I have too much stuff.

It's a date.
wertygrog
Cool beans, I suppose it's time I meet the guy who goes by SLITS...
euro911
I could post a pic of him from a run several years ago ... but I'm fairly sure I'd get banned for doing so laugh.gif
scotty b
Who are you again ??? confused24.gif
Thestigz06
QUOTE(wertygrog @ Sep 20 2011, 08:29 PM) *

Meet up and caravan? I saw Eric was talking about it!

I cleaned out a guy last time and i was overjoyed i got tons of parts for almost nothing!
SLITS

I'll get around to doing the writeup by the weekend. No access from the office.
Als914
I'm In. See you all then. shades.gif
lagunero
The helicopter was nice but Eddie's six was drooley.gif

So the Halloween Run will be on the following weekend driving.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(wertygrog @ Sep 20 2011, 08:29 PM) *

This picture is about 6 years old but I think you get the... umm...picture?
wertygrog
av-943.gif oh my... laugh.gif
SLITS
Updated ... see Post #1 first.gif
avidfanjpl
Ron, I could not be more disappointed that I have to be out of town that whole week for work.

BTW, that oil cooler worked flawlessly. I will eventually take the other cooler and clean it for testing.

I would have finally gotten there and actually seen you while I was there, unlike the last 3 times.

I will have to block out the March date.

Have a GREAT time!

J
Elliot Cannon
Don't miss the biggest Porsche 914 event in Riverside. You won't be sorry. Bring lots of parts and wads of cash. Actually you won't even need "wads" of cash 'cause you can usually find a great deal at the G&R. Plus free grilled (expertly cooked) bovine muscle tissue.
Cheers, Elliot
a914luvr
I'm trying to put together an email list for notifications to this extravaganza. Let me know if you want to be included in future G&R swap email reminders.
skaufmann
QUOTE(a914luvr @ Sep 28 2011, 11:30 AM) *

I'm trying to put together an email list for notifications to this extravaganza. Let me know if you want to be included in future G&R swap email reminders.

Consider just creating a Google Group and post it here for people to subscribe to. People can add/remove themselves as they wish so you don't have to do it for them. wink.gif

http://groups.google.com
sean_v8_914
he said "bi"
Elliot Cannon
Just a reminder for all you south west folks to show up to the G&R. Great cars, good food and there might even be some nice people there. Some of whom actually know what they are talking about. happy11.gif See you all there.
Cheers, Elliot
jim_hoyland
The G & R is one of the biggest 914 events in the West ! More 914's than WCR, more unwanted parts than AA, more food than necessary, and more great peole to rub shoulders with. Ron and Glen have a terrific venue to accomodate the hoards, check your honey-do schedule and make a day of it.
AZ914
...pissed I can't make another one. One of these YEARS. sad.gif
euro911
Items on my Want List (type-4 parts):

(1) Stock 2.0L (T4) muffler hanger. (UPDATE 11/21: I'll take the one you've got, Bruce)

(1) of those little yellowish/white plastic gas pedal stop thingies that screws into the plate on the pedal board.

(1) of those sheet metal brackets that mounts in front of the center tunnel under the right side of the driver's pedal board (with the dished washer and bolt if possible).

(8) long lug bolts for alloy wheels (Bruce?) ... the domed-top ones like I got from you last time would be nice.

Sorry to hear you can't make it, Jason ...
913B
My want list if you have lying around.

1. Warm air guide for driver's side for side shifter. I switched from tail to side.

2. Pair Backing plate tin for the rear stock brakes. The holes for mines rip from the tin.

3. Spare tire hold down screw and cap (cheaper the better) I rig something up already from OSH but if I get the OE.

4. Things to be added if I can remember.

Please PM me a price.

Thanks so much.

Ted

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Oct 9 2011, 11:27 AM) *

1. Warm air guide for driver's side for side shifter. I switched from tail to side.

2. Pair Backing plate tin for the rear stock brakes. The holes for mines rip from the tin.

3. Spare tire hold down screw and cap (cheaper the better) I rig something up already from OSH but if I get the OE.

Please PM me a price.

Thanks so much.

Ted

bdstone probably has what you need. I know for sure he has the spare hold-down bolt and cap. I bought two from him awhile ago. (He even has them plated real purty).
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Oct 6 2011, 06:44 AM) *

So, now that you have a 3.2 installed, you're too good for us type IV folks? happy11.gif lol-2.gif
914-300Hemi
It's on my calendar it is always a good time..
AZ914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 9 2011, 02:49 PM) *

QUOTE(AZ914 @ Oct 6 2011, 06:44 AM) *

So, now that you have a 3.2 installed, you're too good for us type IV folks? happy11.gif lol-2.gif

sad.gif
Yeah, I can't talk to you since you sold your 3.2. biggrin.gif

Actually need to be in PHX by noon so it just won't work...
Thestigz06
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Oct 9 2011, 11:27 AM) *

Please PM me a price.

Thanks so much.

Ted

Click to view attachment

I got a pair of the rear brake backing tin. 20 takes the pair of em, PM me if u want them
kconway
My list of my wants:

1. Black basketweave seats, door panels and back pad in black as close to perfect as possible

2. Set of late seat belt retractors

Kev
Elliot Cannon
I'll be bringing these somewhat less than perfect but pretty nice seats if you want them. Make me an offer. The back of the headrest picture pretty much depicts the way the other seat looks as well.
Cheers, Elliot
SLITS
That's just a re-glue job Elliot. Probably broke loose when your fat head bounced against it falling asleep.
lagunero
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 14 2011, 12:32 PM) *

I'll be bringing these somewhat less than perfect but pretty nice seats if you want them. Make me an offer. The back of the headrest picture pretty much depicts the way the other seat looks as well.
Cheers, Elliot

OBO? I'll give you five bucks if you don't bring them biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(lagunero @ Oct 15 2011, 08:33 AM) *

Cheers, Elliot

I'll bid $20 for the seats if the car is included, poke.gif but it's woven into a key fob.
dw914er

Cheers, Elliot

Elliot, how much are you looking for? I've been trying to find the bottom seat pad in that weave smile.gif

And does anyone have spare rear transmission mounts? If so, I'll pick be interested.
Thestigz06
Stuff im bringing on sunday:

1. PERFECT set of 2.0 heads

2. 911 starter motor

3. Good condition side-shift trans.

4. Porsche 930 cooling fan assembly (Fan, Alternator, Housing)

5. Few heater blower motors

6. box of misc. things
drive-ability
I am going and need a few parts,

1. Windshield
2. Hood
3. Bumper cover (front)
4. Hood hinges " "
5. Windshield wiper linkage bushings, if there's such a thing.
6. Gas tank wedges
Elliot Cannon

Cheers, Elliot

OHH! No respect! What a tuff crowd. poke.gif happy11.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 15 2011, 08:48 AM) *

Cheers, Elliot

I'll bid $20 for the seats if the car is included, poke.gif but it's woven into a key fob.

Hey! Just make sure you get that veggie-burger ready. shades.gif laugh.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 14 2011, 04:51 PM) *

That's just a re-glue job Elliot. Probably broke loose when your fat head bounced against it falling asleep.

Actually it's from my head snapping back from the tremendous acceleration. driving.gif
Eric_Shea
I'll be there just to kick Ron's ass for out bidding me on eBay. Then I must get back to Vegas.

(at least I took his $300 auction to close to a grand! w00t.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.