Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inner long Chassis Stiff Kit install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
soloracer
If one is going to install a roll cage would this kit be necessary? Or is it redundant at that point?
Brad Roberts
redundant at that point...

This is for people who *might* install a hoop with a petty bar.

The whole idea is to hide it beneath carpet.

B
Engman
A big thank you to Brad and Trekkor! This is a 914 club Exclusiveitem and will be so for some time. I could not have made this without Brads input. These are generation 4 parts - this means there were 3 different protos run that did not pass muster. Now if we could only get that ecomm thing going......... smilie_pokal.gif

Seriously Brad had a LOT of input on these. This fall we hopefully will meet again to discuss some 'other' things that we can do.

Brad - if you need these - you have my number.

M
Brad Roberts
Sooner or later I will build myself a AutoX/track car and come calling. The ecomm is really up in the air right now while I decide what I'm going to do with life.

B
Randal
Great Work Mr. T.

Now we know why your car was going so fast on Saturday!

Hope to see you on Sunday.
maf914
KT, Thanks for the great photos and description. That looks like it worked out really well.

Mark, Very nice product! Looks like another "gotta have" item.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 19 2004, 08:59 PM)
Sooner or later I will build myself a AutoX/track car and come calling.

You gonna come calling on Portland?
I'll try to be ready:D
matrixops
Great presentation, very well done.

Now, it appears that this modification is more for a track/autox car, but would this also be suitable for a daily driver/mild autox with weak longs? I am asking in the even that I get ahold of a 914 with questionable longs.

Once again, great work.

M O
Eric_Shea
Fuch... something else I need to buy. mad.gif

Great job Trekkor smilie_pokal.gif
Brad Roberts
This kit is for anyone wanting some more strength in a 30 year old tub. You will notice a difference the first time you pull out of your driveway. The factory didnt do a real good job of tying the frame rails together at the firewall... this helps BIG time.

B
Trekkor
You will notice a difference the first time you pull out of your driveway.

Forget that...I noticed as soon as I plopped my fat butt down on the seat. lol2.gif

KT
nsyr
how about this made them myself from 14 gauge.
Trekkor
Yep. That's the stuff!!

Good job clap56.gif

Tell us all how smootha-stiffa ride it is. <_<
It's awesome. You'll love it.

Mr.Wills
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.