Live Event Uploader

Live Event Uploader

Live Event Uploader

Live Event Uploader

Live Event Uploader

Live Event Uploader

Live Event Uploader

Live Event Uploader
What is the odds of three original white /6 together at one time?

Live Event Uploader
When I returned the other two /6 were Caymans. Damn I love white Porsches.

Live Event Uploader
Back view. Hard to believe that 40 years separate these cars.

Justinp71
That event was Awesome! Couldn't believe some of the rarest Porsche race cars EVER were there! And they raced them. Also saw Porsche's highest horsepower naturally aspirated engine, flat 16 with 890 HP.

Not to mention got to see many 914-4's and 914-6's kick a$$ on the track... way cool!
yeahmag
That isn't Dave from Long Beach (white narrow bodied care with GIANT wing) is it? I've been thinking of making a flat packe AX spoiler with uprights like that...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1555415
mojorisen914
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Oct 16 2011, 01:48 AM) *

Nice Pics!
Eric_Shea
By the dawn's early light...
IPB Image

100 Litre Goodness...
IPB Image

IPB Image

There were new 4.0 cars...
IPB Image

...and old 5.0 cars!
IPB Image

Pick'em up Trucks.
IPB Image

Beautiful assdraggers, and...
IPB Image

amazing teeners.
IPB Image

We got re-aquainted with some old mid-engined friends...
IPB Image

And met some new mid-engined friends...
IPB Image

We even met some bizarre mid-engine friends...
IPB Image

But the most bizarre mid-engine friend was this guy (had some cool brakes on that ride though!) w00t.gif
IPB Image

Most of all... we had a great time taking in the sights and the local flavors:
IPB Image

and got to hang out with some really great car-guys! Look how serious Enrique is... lol3.gif
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
890hp Porsche flat 16

Live Event Uploader

Live Event Uploader

Live Event Uploader

Live Event Uploader

Live Event Uploader

Live Event Uploader

Live Event Uploader

Live Event Uploader

Live Event Uploader

QUOTE(396 @ Oct 15 2011, 11:57 PM) *

Does any know the owner of this orange -6?

bump
Eric_Shea
My God Pete... that thing looks like Candy! wub.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(396 @ Oct 18 2011, 12:16 AM) *

bump

Si... the car's at Kundensport in Camarillo. The owner is rather quiet from what I understand. You may want to check in with Hans there.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 17 2011, 12:44 PM) *

But the most bizarre mid-engine friend was this guy (had some cool brakes on that ride though!) w00t.gif

Yeah, you really need to look out for that cat... bye1.gif

pete
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 18 2011, 09:15 AM) *

My God Pete... that thing looks like Candy! wub.gif

A lot of sorting to do yet...but it sure was great to drive a 14 there and back.

pete
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 17 2011, 12:44 PM) *

Most of all... we had a great time taking in the sights and the local flavors:
IPB Image

and got to hang out with some really great car-guys! Look how serious Enrique is... lol3.gif
IPB Image

Your buddy's green 6 GT may be my new favorite 914. That thing is ridiculous!

And sure wish I coulda made Baja...

pete
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 18 2011, 09:20 AM) *

QUOTE(396 @ Oct 18 2011, 12:16 AM) *

bump

Si... the car's at Kundensport in Camarillo. The owner is rather quiet from what I understand. You may want to check in with Hans there.

I wanted a quote for the car - as I would like a home for my 993 vram... if it's at Kunden... well congrats to him smile.gif
914_teener
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Oct 15 2011, 02:03 PM) *

This was a great event.

That orange 29 teener is a 1.7 dual carbed.

Whoever was driving drove the heck out of this car. It ran late Sunday in the Group seven race and held it's own until the 1.7 gave up it's life.

I wanted to talk with the guy but he left early after the car gave up...anybody know who that is?

There were also was a unbelievable crash up in the corkscrew late Sunday that I just missed getting on vidieo.

I missed most everyone in the biergarten....I went to the one in the Paddock but must have missed the group.

Eric_Shea
I wanted a quote for the car - as I would like a home for my 993 vram

As in... you wanted to stick your 993 motor in that car? biggrin.gif
THE STIG
Good to see so many 914 types at the event.
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 18 2011, 07:39 PM) *

I wanted a quote for the car - as I would like a home for my 993 vram

As in... you wanted to stick your 993 motor in that car? biggrin.gif

ya biggrin.gif
jcd914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 18 2011, 07:25 PM) *

This was a great event.

Whoever was driving drove the heck out of this car. It ran late Sunday in the Group seven race and held it's own until the 1.7 gave up it's life.

I wanted to talk with the guy but he left early after the car gave up...anybody know who that is?

There were also was a unbelievable crash up in the corkscrew late Sunday that I just missed getting on vidieo.

I missed most everyone in the biergarten....I went to the one in the Paddock but must have missed the group.

I talked to the guy for a bit on Saturday, I think his name is Frank.
The car is one built by Ginther racing for the 72 season as part of Porsches attempts to get the 914/4 more involved in racing with 914/6 ending production. There was a sister car (back in 72 not at Rennsport) number 30 driven by my friend Dwight Mitchell.
The number 29 was originally driven by Elliott Forbs Robinson. On Friday at Rennsport the car owner, Frank, was talking with someone when someone else tapped him on the shoulder and pointed out that "Elliott" was spelled with 2 "t"s, Frank turned and was face to face with Elliott Forbs Robinson.
Elliott really like seeing the car and signed the sail panel while he was there.

Yes a 1.7 engine, the only 4 cylinder engine in the 914s in 72.
I had never realized the car had slight flares in the rear.

Jim
chfrank

Click to view attachment

This was a great event.

Chris Frank was driving the car. The race showing does not reflect the cars speed. The motor is a 40 over 1.7 liter, in need of fine tuning. There were some issues with a bad set of main bearing seals and cylinder clearances causing two rebuilds of the motor the week of the event. Then on Friday the transmission seal went. Only 8 few laps were completed in the car. The car should have been turing 1.45 laps but a bent the throttle pivot ended the day before the driver was able to get some clear track. According to Clark Anderson Elliott did the same thing with the 30 car in 1973. There are some handling and carb issues that are being addressed. Elliott was really great too, he spoke with the car owner for some time.
914_teener
QUOTE(chfrank @ Oct 18 2011, 10:09 PM) *

Click to view attachment

This was a great event.

Chris Frank was driving the car. The race showing does not reflect the cars speed. The motor is a 40 over 1.7 liter, in need of fine tuning. There were some issues with a bad set of main bearing seals and cylinder clearances causing two rebuilds of the motor the week of the event. Then on Friday the transmission seal went. Only 8 few laps were completed in the car. The car should have been turing 1.45 laps but a bent the throttle pivot ended the day before the driver was able to get some clear track. According to Clark Anderson Elliott did the same thing with the 30 car in 1973. There are some handling and carb issues that are being addressed. Elliott was really great too, he spoke with the car owner for some time.

Thanks for that.

All I can say is that Chris was pulling some great lines through the corkscrew while out handling the assdraggers. Great driving and great car.

Thanks for the history and info...I saw the signature in the sharpie....didn't know that until now.
dlkawashima
Here's a short video showing the cars in the Green Corral on Saturday.
My wife is overwhelmed by the number of 911's in the lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXz5aT99NM8
chfrank
The car in Group 7 was 59. That is the 3 liter penske shocked, 915 gearboxed super 6 from Brumos being driven by Hurley Haywood.

Click to view attachment

This was a great event.

chfrank
The car in Group 7 was 59. That is the 3 liter penske shocked, 915 gearboxed super 6 from Brumos being driven by Hurley Haywood.

Click to view attachment

This was a great event.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.