Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ethics Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mepstein
All this just begs the question....Is she hot?
carr914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 21 2011, 09:14 PM) *

biggrin.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 21 2011, 05:14 PM) *

Good call! I think that we have now found the root-cause as to why this obvious question begs an answer from the questioner that defies logic.

Dude, this is an opportunity! Tell her that you can't possibly allow her to drive this car until you find the problem. Provide her a loaner if you have one, and then fix it right, eat up as much of the cost as you can, and let her know what a favor you did her. If she really loves that Boxster, she is really gonna love you for saving her ride. From there, who knows...
Series9
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 21 2011, 09:23 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 21 2011, 09:14 PM) *

biggrin.gif

That's awesome. Unfortunately, I haven't met her in person. The car was delivered via tow truck. From the seat position, she's probably not a fatty.smile.gif

As for the code reader, I have a Durametric system, so I can see the factory codes in the ABS. There are none.

I don't think this issue is parallel to the Cayman track car issue because this happens with mild braking and relatively cold rotors.

986s were never delivered without ABS.

I really appreciate all the opinions here. You have all been very helpful.

Here's to you. beerchug.gif
patssle
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Oct 20 2011, 08:04 PM) *

It's problems like this that make me appreciate my 914-6 all the more. Sometimes simple is better in my mind.

It seems that modern cars are considered disposable since they are not repairable after a few years without spending more than they are worth.

A reputable classic-Porsche shop here in Texas told me to buy a Boxster instead when I asked about 914/6 conversions. Hah...

My fuel pump broke last week when I pulled the car out of its Texas summer storage. I had a new one installed in less than an hour for $60. And I had never done that before. Good luck achieving that price and time points on a newer car!
Series9
QUOTE(SLITS @ Oct 21 2011, 09:15 AM) *

While you are a raving asshole...

w00t.gif Oh my God! It FINALY happened!

I've been promoted from Major to Raving!! I was really beginning to think it would never happen.

I would like to thank all those who stood by me all these years as a Major. It's only through your continued support that I have been able to achieve the elite rank of Raving.

Thank you, thank you sooooo much. sunglasses.gif
Mike Bellis
I had an RV with a brake problem. If you turned the wheel all the way left to lock, the brake hose would get hung up and pull on the calliper. When this happened the piston would be forced to the bottom. If you tried to stop after that, pedal to the floor and no brakes until it pumped back up. Only happened a couple times but very scary.
majkos
I've been promoted from Major to Raving!!

That would explains all the nasty PM I get for Major dry.gif

I'm Maj.KOS (Major Chaos)

OK Hijack over
sean_v8_914
i was told im not nice. is that like a private?
Woody
I have my doubts that its the abs unit. I would be hesitant to do any work without being able to duplicate the problem and complete a thorough diagnosis. I would really investigate the master cylinder. Pull it and see if there is any residual fluid where it goes into the booster. Just because it was replaced previously doesn't mean its a good part. Good luck and cover your ass.
SLITS
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Oct 22 2011, 08:41 PM) *

i was told im not nice. is that like a private?

Yes Grasshopper, you are a Private. To achieve the final level of promotion one must study the four aspects of Abrasive. Work on it diligently.

Tada ..... drum roll ..... smoke.gif

And Joe,

You are sooooooooo welcome!
IronHillRestorations
You want advice? Walk away. No good deed goes unpunished. I don't know why, but many times it really is true. I'm no lawyer, but my step father (RIP) was and that would be his advice, the little fee you'll net is not worth the exposure to risk. It's your skin though, and I don't have your moccasins to check out.
mark21742
Funny thing is after reading ghost the other day I was driving my mother's 2002 olds Alero and it did the exact same thing....made lots of growning, dash lights flashed, dinger chimed, but didn't hardly slow down at all.....pulled into a store parking lot and popped the ABS fuse out and its been working great ever since......but I would never do this to s customers car....too much liability.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.