Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UK 914 needed for TV appearance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
BritCarJim
i think its episode 5 of the new season that starts tomorrow...here at least on Direct TV. at one episode a week, you do the math.

the impressive bit is how small a world the collector-car-world is and how impressive a forum this is to be this close to what is happening. good stuff. I spend a lot of time over at mgexperience.net and it is the same...the guy who publishes "classic motorsports" can be found there occasionally as well as the #1 MG expert in the US (john twist of university motors). cool deal that i've found two of the best forums...
johannes
Can't wait !!!!!!
swood
QUOTE(jwc914 @ Nov 2 2011, 12:24 PM) *

Poor Ed, I have watched many of the shows and noticed that he is never paid a dime for his labor. They never include his labor, dmv fees, taxes, insurance costs and i am sure i am missing something. Cool show but accounting is way off. john

HAHA! As quirky as those guys seem to us (me) and how freakishly tall Ed is, i dig that show. I usually have to watch it twice so i can understand what they just said biggrin.gif

driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
So was it on this week confused24.gif

Or do you mean the season starts this week and the 914 episode should be in week 5?
BritCarJim
no, i mean the new season started last night (lotus elan) and and teener is the 5th-ish (4-5-6 or so) episode. frankly, i watch every week so it doesn't matter when it is. bootyshake.gif
Socalandy
It should air on the 4th april unless they throw a re-run in one week, I checked my directv guide that covers the next 3 weeks and its not listed as upcoming yet. I will check weekly and post the air date here
maf914
Fun show. I started watching Wheeler Dealer last month when I ran across a mini-marathon of episodes one weekend. The episode with the Bugeye (Frogeye to the Brits) Sprite was one of my favorites. Edd is so tall he didn't even try to take it for a test drive, letting Mike do the driving. The Lotus Elan episode was on last week, but I only saw the first 10 minutes. Bugeyes and Elans are among my favorites. wub.gif
FourBlades

I love this show also.

You actually learn stuff and the hosts seem like real people.

John
johannes
QUOTE(BritCarJim @ Mar 8 2012, 10:34 AM) *

no, i mean the new season started last night (lotus elan) and and teener is the 5th-ish (4-5-6 or so) episode. frankly, i watch every week so it doesn't matter when it is. bootyshake.gif

confused24.gif when watching at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheeler_Dealers

Lotus Elan is from season 7 ...

And new 2012 season will run from march 20 ...
BritCarJim
sorry. what i'm reporting is how "Direct TV" shows it here...lots of cable systems and shows present things differently and its hard to tell what is what. now that you mention it, there were some things they said in the elan episode that seemed "out of time." oh, well, anyways whoever it was that asked: no, you've not missed the teener episode.
johannes
I hope someone will record the teener episode, so all of us not living in the UK can watch it ...

wink.gif
johannes
Got the information from Kevin on the DDK forum

The ‘Porsche 914’ episode on ‘Wheeler Dealers’

Will be broadcast for the first time on Tuesday April 17th at 21:00 (BST) on the Discovery Channel (ch 520) & Discovery HD (ch 536)
The episode is then repeated on Discovery (Plus 1) at 22:00 (BST)

The new season starts on Tuesday 20th March at 21:00 (GMT) with the Fiat Dino.

Then the following cars: -

Morgan - March 27
BMW M5 - April 3
Renault Alpine - April 10
Porsche 914 - April 17
Mercedes G Wagon April 24
Jaguar XK8 - May 1
914KEV
QUOTE(johannes @ Mar 15 2012, 08:14 AM) *

Will be broadcast for the first time on Tuesday April 17th at 21:00 (BST) on the Discovery Channel (ch 520) & Discovery HD (ch 536)

Morgan - March 27
BMW M5 - April 3
Porsche 914 - April 17
Jaguar XK8 - May 1

Sadly these broadcast times and channels are for the United Kingdom via ‘sky Subscribers’ and most of Europe if you have the right receiver and decoder!

Have not been able to find out when the broadcast date(s) time(s) for U.S.A. Satellite and cable networks are. confused24.gif
biosurfer1
Sounds like a great line up this season!

QUOTE(johannes @ Mar 15 2012, 12:14 AM) *

Morgan - March 27
BMW M5 - April 3
Porsche 914 - April 17
Jaguar XK8 - May 1

RFoulds
Wheeler Dealers, is now on Velocity cable channel, which is the re-named Discover HD. I have a call in to a friend who works in the Promotion department at Discover networks to confirm this, but...

I am pretty certain this spring Velocity will air season 8, or series 8. The series with the 914 will be seen on Discovery nets in UK. At least another year before Velocity will have it here in US.

johannes
QUOTE(914KEV @ Mar 15 2012, 08:35 AM) *

Sadly these broadcast times and channels are for the United Kingdom via ‘sky Subscribers’ and most of Europe if you have the right receiver and decoder!

Have not been able to find out when the broadcast date(s) time(s) for U.S.A. Satellite and cable networks are. confused24.gif

Don't worry. This won't be a problem ... There is a new channel called Internet wink.gif
bandjoey
Yep. Google wheeler dealers and there are several online tv channels with full episodes. Series 10 #5 is the 914. type.gif
johannes
First episode (Fiat Dino) Was aired yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ3Wlf1jUxA
johannes
Second episode ( Morgan +4 ) was aired yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeOH7TYpZmQ
rnellums
That has to be one of the most attractive cars ever.
veltror
What a Morgan attractive, I assume you jest...
johannes
BMW M5

Alpine A 310 will be next week, then ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQhgKwnR4w
Millerwelds
They just uploaded a teaser video a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sOit3djISE

[/quote]
johannes
The 914 episode should be aired next week ! ...

Black914_4
popcorn[1].gif

love this show.
914KEV
QUOTE(Millerwelds @ Apr 10 2012, 08:49 PM) *

They just uploaded a teaser video a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sOit3djISE

I’m Very Happy with the results of my day out with the Wheeler Dealers film crew. driving.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE(914KEV @ Apr 10 2012, 04:32 PM) *

I’m Very Happy with the results of my day out with the Wheeler Dealers film crew. driving.gif

How tall is Edd? He looks like he's 6'7" or more.
johannes
This weeks episode. Renault Alpine A 310. I like this car

One week to wait !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOuX6oTg9_o

914KEV
IPB Image

The 914 episode was broadcast for the first time here in the UK today.

Sadly I do not have excess to the satellite channel Discovery, so have not seen yet.

Will be watching like most of 914-World, via YouTube when the programme becomes available to view.
Socalandy
nothing in the guide thru 4-29 for the Velocity Channel for Directv HD customers sad.gif Just re-runs
timothy_nd28
Any links to this episode? Or did anyone record it? Maybe someone can upload it to the pirate bay as a torent?
johannes
QUOTE(tim_nd @ Apr 17 2012, 07:31 PM) *

Any links to this episode? Or did anyone record it? Maybe someone can upload it to the pirate bay as a torent?

Patience ...

popcorn[1].gif
johannes
Here we are !!

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGGGixPDmeE
Black914_4
THANK YOU! piratenanner.gif
beerchug.gif
914KEV
The Porsche 914 Episode you all been waiting for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGGGixPDmeE

driving.gif
johannes
That was a great episode and Kev, your yellow 914 looks fantastic.

Funny that the guy bought his own car again. 914 are a disease ! Once you owned one you can't live without it !...

mikey63
Thanks for posting this!! driving.gif
914KEV
QUOTE(johannes @ Apr 18 2012, 10:24 PM) *

That was a great episode and Kev, your yellow 914 looks fantastic.

Yellow !!!

shades.gif

The true color of my 914 is Ravenna Green !
StratPlayer
Very cool thxs
Mike Bellis
Nice video. Where's the owner of the restored 914? Member here?
dlo914
That was a very enjoyable episode smile.gif
type47fan
Great episode! After watching this and the previous episodes, I've come to the realization that the problem we are facing with our own rustorations is the use of jack stands! There wasn't one to be seen in his shop. The props cause our cars to take root and keep them idle for years. I'm getting my car off of them tonight. I'll let you know how it works. . . .

edit: I fully understand the purpose of this reality show and personally think they did a good job presenting an entertaining episode. However, after watching it a second time, IMHO there were a couple of issues, most related to safety, that needed to be addressed or at least referenced briefly on camera: closer examination of the wiring for possible rodent damage, engine oil/filter change, 10 year old gas in the tank and gas lines, condition of the braking system (fluid, rubber lines, rusty rotors, proper rear caliper adjustment). Also, clarification of the use of a remote oil cooler (did it replace the stock cooler or was it supplemental).
poorsche914
This show is very well done. Thanks for posting.

driving.gif
struckn
Fantastic and very well done and for me educational....wish I had a lift and a rolling tool box to drop my engine on.

they make it look so easy to drop the engine. I thought you had to disassemble the exhaust and heat exchangers.

Three Cheers to Wheeler Dealers.

beerchug.gif
KENNY
Thanks for posting the show!
KaptKaos
What a plot twist! That was fun.
Socalandy
Thanks for posting it first.gif , thats was cool. still waiting for it to run on Directv
siverson
I agree, great episode.

- My guess is the spray painted top didn't turn out so nice in real life.

- He was definitely looking for rust in the rear trunk on the wrong end. Doh! smile.gif

- It really needed new bumper tops ($$$).

- I think the wheels would have looked better with a *minor* polishing and keeping the factory anodizing.

- It looked like he was steam cleaning the carpet floors (the large pieces) with them still in the car. Not sure if he figured out how easy they are to remove... ?

And FYI, per Google:

> 8250 British pounds sterling = 13225.5750 US dollars

Probably about right for the car over there. I think in the US that's a $9000 car.

But overall a nice transformation and they could have done a much worse job!

-Steve
'73-914kid
Not to mention an external oil cooler on a stock 1.8L L-jet engine... there's something wrong there...
siverson
I agree, forgot about that one - should have pulled the aftermarket cooler entirely.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.