Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What would your cost-no-object 914 be?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Britain Smith
I am surprised nobody has mentions Lotus Elise double a-arm suspension. This could easily be done on a street car and is absolutely amazing compared to the 40 year old Porsche stuff.

smile.gif

-Britain
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Sep 3 2012, 05:52 PM) *

I am surprised nobody has mentions Lotus Elise double a-arm suspension. This could easily be done on a street car and is absolutely amazing compared to the 40 year old Porsche stuff.

-Britain

For sure this, or something similar, would be a part of the Hartley V-8 car. The steering on the Elise is the most amazing aspect of a car that I have ever experienced.
Type 47
If $ weretruely not an issue...i would buy the parts from Porsche to assemble a new 914. I think they have all the parts...the body is about a $30k part, but according to my local dealer, they have the parts.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Sep 3 2012, 07:20 PM) *

If $ weretruely not an issue...i would buy the parts from Porsche to assemble a new 914. I think they have all the parts...the body is about a $30k part, but according to my local dealer, they have the parts.

I think this is the Porsche sonderwunsch (sp?) Program...customer wish.
Bring your checkbook, they will build it !
Marty
Dr. Roger

All aluminum LS7-R engine, paddle-shifted limited slip sequential transaxle, magnetic ride control shocks, carbon rotors, michelin pilot sport cups on forged titanium wheels, sheridan widebody kit, tube framed, w/AC, lexan roof...

Baby, do we need milk? I'll get it!
MoveQik
QUOTE(7391420 @ Aug 17 2012, 07:14 AM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 15 2012, 09:55 PM) *

Big 6, 5 lug, Narrow body and drive it. biggrin.gif

All those paint chips in the hood just add personality.

That Car is bueatiful! It sits just right, the fuchs with the polished/chrome...amazing I like that.. Eventually, this is what I want mine- in Zambezi green to look like..

Thanks! beerchug.gif
r_towle
In today's market, with a limited (not carreras gt budget) I would say get a cayman and swap in the newer 3.8 liter gt3 motor, or a turbo motor.
Madswede
I would like to reserve judgement for when my 914 RS is done. smile.gif

I know, shameless plug for Joe O'Brien's work, but I'm going to enjoy showing it off when it's done. It will be worth seeing and talking about.
balljoint
I'm waiting for Jon to be bored of his new 914 and sell it to me.

Price to be negotiated.

Who needs a built 914 when they have a 968 in the garage?

confused24.gif
Madswede
This guy, Dave. THIS guy! cool_shades.gif
balljoint
biggrin.gif
turk22
I think I'd take the Sahara Beige 914, just as it is...or mine in the same condition:

Click to view attachment
ScoopLV
Money no object? Time no object?

Alright, then.

Let's power it with one of these:

IPB Image

And here's the dash:

IPB Image

Although, this would be more fitting for an Irish sports car. Not a German one.
Dasnowman
Sherman style body kit done in a one off Dry Carbon Fibre body
alum tube chasis with C/F reinforcements
Suby Crosworth built 2.6 with big heads
Borgwarner S300sx 83-75 .91AR T4 TS Turbo
Custom air to Water cooler
Custom Twin-Scroll Header and T4 Up-pipe
Custom 3.5" Catless Downpipe
Dual Tial 38mm V-band Wastegates w/ external dump tubes
07 Sti Tranny twinn plate racing clutch
Vi-Pec V88 Standalone ECU with Anti-Lag and Launch Control
Brembo 6 pots in front 4 pots in rear
Ohlins on a custom BRZ/FRS suspension
Custom deep dish C/F rims 17x9 frt and 17x 11 rear
recaro racing seats with heat/ac cooling built in

914Eric
QUOTE(turk22 @ Oct 13 2012, 02:53 PM) *

I think I'd take the Sahara Beige 914, just as it is...or mine in the same condition:

Click to view attachment

Beautiful Car.

Poll results are a little surprising. I know I'm keeping mine original now.

Half the cars are rusting out. And most of the ones that are surviving are getting chevy, suburu, or 6 cylinders motors stuffed in them. A little sad to me.

A real nice original will be very sought after before long.
damesandhotrods
With cost and time being no object, the first thing I would do is find someone to make the vent windows functional.
ScoopLV
QUOTE(914Eric @ Nov 24 2012, 10:20 AM) *

Beautiful Car.

Poll results are a little surprising. I know I'm keeping mine original now.

Half the cars are rusting out. And most of the ones that are surviving are getting chevy, suburu, or 6 cylinders motors stuffed in them. A little sad to me.

A real nice original will be very sought after before long.

My thinking as well. You and I should start a sub-group for 914 purists.

"Thou mayeth upgrade the fuel lines and shift linkage. Naught else mayeth you change. Under no circumstances shalt thou add a plastic Porsche emblem to the rear. Nor a Porsche badge to the hood. And dropping in a Corvette engine is RIGHT OUT."
Tom
My inspiration. Ah, the red with tan interior at Camp is mighty nice. Where is that $15K I lost?
Tom
Socalandy
QUOTE(Madswede @ Sep 21 2012, 10:34 PM) *

I would like to reserve judgement for when my 914 RS is done. smile.gif

I know, shameless plug for Joe O'Brien's work, but I'm going to enjoy showing it off when it's done. It will be worth seeing and talking about.

It is already Jon and is a great roadmap for my reassembly soon to come.

Shotgun biggrin.gif
Madswede
Thanks Andy, look forward to seeing your car when she's done too! It's gonna be a good year of events, if you can get your assembly done before the summer/fall events in 2013! I've really been hoarding my vacation specially for that reason. Truly, some projects come out cost/time no-object whether you started out that way or not. laugh.gif blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.