Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: water squirting into my car! from under dash!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
So my wiper fluid has never worked. I did not see the hose was disconnected @#$%&. A quart id water on the floor. Now someone tell me how and where is does this attach?
SLITS
Air line from spare tire to top of WW reservoir

Exit from bottom of WW reservoir to column switch on late cars or dash switch on early cars ... from switch to "T" behind the fresh air box and then to the spray nozzles on the cowl.
SirAndy
If the hoses haven't been used in a while, they're probably rotten.
I've seen that many times.

It's not that hard to replace them, this might be a good time to do so.
shades.gif
brant
once upon a time, I took my car for a errand...
came out after 20 minutes and the washer fluid was still squirting under pressure from the crack in the hose. Spraying up under the dash and making a huge mess.

(spare tire air pressure was not flat yet)

my tach was half full of washer fluid and it was sloshing from side to side behind the lense as I drove home.

you've got to pull the column open and get to those hoses (tubing really) where they connect to the column mounted switch...

a poor design compaired to electric washer pumps.

brant
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 23 2011, 01:02 PM) *

shades.gif

Thanks. Its under the dash it came off at the column switch I guess. How do you access that? Do I pull the gauge cluster, ?

What size hose is it?

Phil
SLITS
I had a supply of Nippondenso electric windshield washer kits ... Reservoir with pump mounted on it and tubing to connect to washer nozzles ... all you need was a momentary switch on the dash
SLITS
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Dec 23 2011, 10:18 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 23 2011, 01:02 PM) *

shades.gif

Thanks. Its under the dash it came off at the column switch I guess. How do you access that? Do I pull the gauge cluster, ?

What size hose is it?

Phil

You have to pull the steering wheel and the switch assemblies ... there is a two pronged fitting on the back of the switch that the hoses connect to.

I'll try to find a pic ..........
SirAndy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 23 2011, 10:20 AM) *
I had a supply of Nippondenso electric windshield washer kits ... Reservoir with pump mounted on it and tubing to connect to washer nozzles ... all you need was a momentary switch on the dash

agree.gif

I used a 911 electric pump and slightly modified stock reservoir.

http://www.914world.com/specs/tech_el_washer.php

bye1.gif
SLITS
Maybe you can get to them without taking the steering column apart ....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Knock yerself out ............
Drums66
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 23 2011, 10:55 AM) *

........Its doable without taking column apart....I just eliminated mine shades.gif flag.gif
bye1.gif(hands on window washer)
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Dec 23 2011, 01:55 PM) *

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hwy slits, I got a better look at this today. , had my tank pulled and replaced the air box and got that working., the took a look at the back of the column from under the dash. I see the 2car plastic barbed connectors. One should be an in, the other an out, right? Which is which. I have no hose hooked to either. I k ow where the incoming hose os, it was squirting the floor. But I don't see the hose that should be going out to the squirter. Does anyone have a diagram of hog this all connects?

Phil.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.