Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Engine Choices
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Allan
I stayed out of it. It was just interesting read. smile.gif
redshift
Like reading a book about psycho-neurosis.

M
soloracer
I was thinking of putting this engine in my 914. I realize it will be costly to install and require much modification but my budget is unlimited. Here it is:
soloracer
Or maybe this engine:
soloracer
I'm looking for some constructive advice. So you nit picking, doubting, low lifes can just leave this theard alone..... :finger2:
bondo
I saw an Opel GT on ebay a while back with an Allison V12 in it.. They lengthened it by 4 or 5 feet, and it was still sitting right behind the driver. (an Allison V12 is a P-51 Mustang engine) Proof anything can be done with enough insanity coupled with enough money smile.gif
redshift
Yes I recall that engine, in that crappy car.

If it was a Merlin, it would have gone for $60k, on buy it now smile.gif

M
Aaron Cox
i thinnk the troll went back under the bridge wacko.gif
redshift
Nah, he's here some, and reading... I think he's about to catch the 3.0 bug.

M
nebreitling
QUOTE(soloracer @ Sep 7 2004, 07:05 PM)
I was thinking of putting this engine in my 914. I realize it will be costly to install and require much modification but my budget is unlimited. Here it is:

lmao!!!!!

i'd only want that 20-liter twin turbo if it reved to 17k rpm.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(soloracer @ Sep 7 2004, 08:05 PM)

can a 901 handle that? laugh.gif
GreekDriver
QUOTE(redshift @ Sep 7 2004, 07:31 PM)
Nah, he's here some, and reading... I think he's about to catch the 3.0 bug.

M

Damn it, the 3.0 is to my liking, I've been thinking about it.

I'm here, I had just forgoten about this thread. I passed up the 914, it wasn't worth the price.

How much money do I want to spend? Whatever is needed to get what I want done. I have been looking a buying a 911 SC or 1988 M3 lately though, so this might need to be postponed. One of those would set me back 15,000 bucks.

Yes... The troll...

IPB Image

is still here.

Oh, and here's a picture of my living quarters.

IPB Image
fiid
alright - I'll bite - where the hell is the bridge??
neo914-6
GreekDriver,
I'm glad you have a sense of humor, this is a tough crowd. blink.gif

Here's another choice, if you can drive like you're in economy class... laugh.gif

Felix
redshift
ROFLMAO!

I guessed the 3.0, AND you actually do belong here... you are going to need a titled rust pile, and make sure to post off topic stuff whenever possible!

WELCOME! lol!

Miles
GreekDriver
I can't tell ya where my bridge is, those god damn tourists are all over the damn place.

Anyways, a search for 3.0 or six or swap, really didn't bring up anything I could use... How much does a 3.0L motor cost? And what would a performance rebuild go for?
nebreitling
QUOTE(GreekDriver @ Sep 12 2004, 12:52 AM)
How much does a 3.0L motor cost? And what would a performance rebuild go for?

$5-6k running with high mileage (100-200k). the more popular swap is the 3.2. these engines will go for a long time if taken care of.

a performance rebuild? bring buckets of cash. sky's the limit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.