Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome team
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2
biosurfer1
Mark said in his payment that he is bringing his typical bag of rubber goodies, other than that I dont know of anything.

Should we start asking?
McMark
If you want. Honestly, I'm disenchanted with that stuff. Seems like we give away all these parts and more than half of them are not needed/wanted by the recipient.
hydroliftin
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 15 2012, 06:13 PM) *

And since I'm thinking about WCR. I'm still not sure what to do about the give-away prizes. We don't really have many that I can think of, and the only confirmed goodie is the wooden shift knob Vacca Rabite sent me. I assume Eric has some calipers. I assume Mark has some rubber. Other than that, I don't know of anything else.

I certainly don't think we have enough for the typical everyone gets something scenario. Thoughts?

Harlen was going to send tickets to Laguna Secca events. Did you get those?
McMark
Not yet.
McMark
Okay, here's what I'll probably end up making for awards.

1. Best of show - This is the big mug.
2. Longest drive
3. Best race style
4. Best original style
5. That guy
6. Fastest 914 (based on Sat AX)
7. ???????
biosurfer1
Best "Work in Progress"?
McMark
like biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
We have a couple of goodies... Eric has told me to make a Gift Certificate for a set of restored 914-4 rear calipers. Harlanl is dropping off free Laguna Seca event tickets at the hotel...
ConeDodger
Instead of doing that long drawn out drawing of names, lets take the sponsor swag and include it with each Best of category??? dry.gif
biosurfer1
I think a couple should be drawing names for the people who have crappy 914s but not crappy enough for the work in progress award
jcd914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 18 2012, 07:19 AM) *

Instead of doing that long drawn out drawing of names, lets take the sponsor swag and include it with each Best of category??? dry.gif

I don't think any of the swag should be tied to the awards winners, the swag should be a chance for any participant to get a goody, even the likes of me that won't have a car to enter.
As far as the "long drawn out drawing of names" it kind if sounds like we don't have much to draw for.
But we could split the drawings into a couple sessions, start of dinner, after dinner? If we have a group of like or similar prizes we could draw multiple names for the group and they pick in order drawn (first drawn gets to pick first and last drawn get what is left) from the like prizes.
Just my 2 cents

Jim

If you want real entertainment you could save some small unbreakable stuff untill everyone is good and drunk and tose prizes into the crowd. confused24.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.