Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original, or not?, a '70/4 inspection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 16 2012, 05:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Mar 16 2012, 05:28 AM) *

AA has the rubber band for the early battery cover last I checked.

Not OEM but take a piece of the battery acid pads and cut it to the profile of the battery cover, and insert it in to the underside of the cover before clamping it to the battery with the rubber band. Any spills and vapors are caught by the pad and keeps the battery clean of acid.

Interesting hint,....is that something you have done to keep your PCA Parade winning 914 looking nice in the engine compartment?

I've never been able to visualize how the "rubber band" fastens the early battery cover confused24.gif Care to expound on that topic James? I have never seen it in person or illustrated.

Thanks for the tips.

Paul

I'm embarrased to admit that I don't rmember how it fits either. Haven't had a working battery in the 914 in six years.
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 16 2012, 07:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Mar 16 2012, 05:28 AM) *

AA has the rubber band for the early battery cover last I checked.

Not OEM but take a piece of the battery acid pads and cut it to the profile of the battery cover, and insert it in to the underside of the cover before clamping it to the battery with the rubber band. Any spills and vapors are caught by the pad and keeps the battery clean of acid.

Interesting hint,....is that something you have done to keep your PCA Parade winning 914 looking nice in the engine compartment?

I've never been able to visualize how the "rubber band" fastens the early battery cover confused24.gif Care to expound on that topic James? I have never seen it in person or illustrated.

Thanks for the tips.

Paul

Just remember to remove the pad during a serious Concours event.

The rubber band is round rather than flat in cross section. It slips on to the battery just below the battery's top. At each end of the battery the band is streched up to clip onto the cover.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Mar 15 2012, 09:36 AM) *

Maybe I missed it. What color are the front hood to hinge bolts?

1970 Neun vierzehn
I should have included this earlier with the engine photos.......
1970 Neun vierzehn
and beneath the lid, barely hanging on, badly in need of replacement.......
pete000
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 6 2012, 08:45 PM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 6 2012, 05:39 PM) *
I did have a sticker on the w/s washer bottle.

Look in the car, it might just have fallen off ...
idea.gif

I found my washer bottle decal under the tanks when I pulled the tank out !
pete000
No vent screen on the early cars... Humm, this must explain why my early 1970 #131 six has no screen ! Glad I did not go throught the trouble putting one in !

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.