Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BUILD-OFF CHALLENGE: A New Beginning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
JRust
Cool Donald! Can't wait to see it with some real color evilgrin.gif . Is it going to be the lilac?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(JRust @ Dec 7 2013, 11:12 AM) *

Cool Donald! Can't wait to see it with some real color evilgrin.gif . Is it going to be the lilac?

I sent him a message and told him to paint the dang thing blue. I like the lilac but after a couple of hours on the visualizer, I honestly like the blue better. The lilac is sharp and different, but the blue really looks better. Not to mention, it will be finished sooner, give him his shop space back and save me money if I stick with the blue. I will be pleased no matter what color it is, but I think the marathon metallic is one of the prettiest colors out there.

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 7 2013, 12:19 PM) *

I sent him a message and told him to paint the dang thing blue. I like the lilac but after a couple of hours on the visualizer, I honestly like the blue better. The lilac is sharp and different, but the blue really looks better. Not to mention, it will be finished sooner, give him his shop space back and save me money if I stick with the blue. I will be pleased no matter what color it is, but I think the marathon metallic is one of the prettiest colors out there.

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

I agree....Marathon Blue is my favorite
mepstein
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 7 2013, 12:19 PM) *

agree.gif You will never get tired of blue.

(photo stolen from pms web page)
scotty b
final prime. Trunk gets finished and painted next, then we'll wet sand the body and shoot it.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 13 2013, 08:21 PM) *

final prime. Trunk gets finished and painted next, then we'll wet sand the body and shoot it.

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
gothspeed
Scotty B .... is the man!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Dec 13 2013, 10:01 PM) *

Scotty B .... is the man!!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
balljoint
Oh no.

First scotty gets left with a whole car's worth of Gold paint and now he will have left over Lilac too?

Oh well, Dr. Evil can handle a two tone paint job on his 914.

unsure.gif

pinch.gif
Cairo94507
Terrific work- I just don't want to see any lilac paint on my car! Man, I can not wait until it is my Six in the paint booth getting color squirted. drooley.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 13 2013, 06:21 PM) *

There is something magical about a 914 at this stage. Reduced to it's basics, yet bursting with potential. Kind of like the first buds of Spring....anticipation in the air.

Here's a tease of Marathon Blue just to whet the appetite. You're going to love the color, even though the lilac would have been really cool. Re: your calling it the Ice Queen, I wanted to get plates that said ICE 914 but the DMV wouldn't allow it. The color is a lot like glacier ice.

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 14 2013, 05:41 AM) *

Terrific work- I just don't want to see any lilac paint on my car! Man, I can not wait until it is my Six in the paint booth getting color squirted. drooley.gif

I can hardly wait to see you actually drive a 914... poke.gif

Although your Prius looks cool... smile.gif
hot_shoe914
Just so you guys have something to look forward to, this young lady, a personal friend of mine, will be doing a photo shoot with my car once it is finished( unless of course it takes me 20 years to get it done, she most likely will be old and fat then) and completed for driving.

Click to view attachment

Until then, she has given me permission to post her in the Hot Legs thread.
gothspeed
NIIIIIICE!!!! ............. will she be wearing a Lilac colored outfit? ............. shades.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 13 2013, 09:21 PM) *

Brush, roller or did donald pay extra for the wagner power painter?
scotty b
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 14 2013, 07:16 PM) *

12 gauge ......

Donald, you should just send her up here to do a photoshoot in the booth
bcheney
Very excited for you Shoe...Love your color choice.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 14 2013, 09:58 PM) *

12 gauge ......

Maybe I could persuade her to come up to your place for a shoot while you paint. You could get good advertisement out of it. She is about your age Scooter, and she is single and has a really good nursing career. You might be just what she needs. poke.gif
hot_shoe914
Here ya go Scotty, a couple of pics of her with cars.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
scotty b
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 14 2013, 09:45 PM) *

12 gauge ......

She is about your age Scooter, and she is single and has a really good nursing career. poke.gif

Either batshit crazy, has a cabinet full of crazy meds, a fleet of kids or has weiner unsure.gif
hot_shoe914
Either batshit crazy, has a cabinet full of crazy meds, a fleet of kids or has weiner

All women are bat shit crazy, she is a drug rehab nurse, yes, she has 2 very sweet daughters and no, there is no weiner there.
carr914
You've checked on the alleged weiner?

scotty b
She's getting some color smile.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 15 2013, 10:08 AM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 14 2013, 09:45 PM) *

12 gauge ......

She is about your age Scooter, and she is single and has a really good nursing career. poke.gif

Either batshit crazy, has a cabinet full of crazy meds, a fleet of kids or has weiner unsure.gif

So?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 11 2014, 08:37 PM) *

She's getting some color smile.gif

Nice work Scotty, she is coming together. Going to be a beautiful car. first.gif beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Dec 15 2013, 08:50 AM) *

Either batshit crazy, has a cabinet full of crazy meds, a fleet of kids or has weiner

All women are bat shit crazy, she is a drug rehab nurse, yes, she has 2 very sweet daughters and no, there is no weiner there.

If she's a drug rehab nurse more than likely, there's 'history.' they don't go into that by accident... blink.gif
scotty b
Hoping to finish up painting this week. I just realized yesterday I'm running out of time. 2 weeks left till the clinic unsure.gif
hot_shoe914
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
hot_shoe914
More progress of artistic excellence by ScottyB. smilie_pokal.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Really excited to see the finished product.
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
rick 918-S
Nice! biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
Leaving for Virginia, will drive all night. driving.gif Time to go pick up the finished product and bring her home!
poorsche914
Have a safe trip, Don driving.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 20 2014, 09:26 PM) *

Have a safe trip, Don driving.gif

Thanks Steven, maybe we can meet up Saturday in my way back. Bring mblizzard too.
billh1963
Where are the finished pictures?
JmuRiz
Cool color, another nice looking car!
saigon71
Just in time to drive it to Hershey. poke.gif
bulitt
That color is gorgeous!!!

Scooty smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smash.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Cairo94507
Very nice looking car and color. Looking forward to more pictures of the completed paint job. Say hello to Scotty and my car for me while you are there please
poorsche914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 21 2014, 12:59 AM) *
Thanks Steven, maybe we can meet up Saturday in my way back. Bring mblizzard too.

Sure thing. beerchug.gif
Text me your ETA thru K-town.

driving.gif
Chris H.
agree.gif Man that scotty can shoot some paint can't he? I heard somewhere that the original paint used for Marathon Blue and silver had fading/quality issues, so I always thought Marathon Blue was pretty light based on the few cars I saw. Pretty much seemed silver to me. This looks so much brighter and bluer. Have to say I voted purple, but good call shoe. That's the right color.

Take care getting it home!
mepstein
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Mar 21 2014, 09:10 AM) *

agree.gif Man that scotty can shoot some paint can't he? I heard somewhere that the original paint used for Marathon Blue and silver had fading/quality issues, so I always thought Marathon Blue was pretty light based on the few cars I saw. Pretty much seemed silver to me. This looks so much brighter and bluer. Have to say I voted purple, but good call shoe. That's the right color.

Take care getting it home!

I saw the painted car at dr evils trans clinic. Almost made me change my mind about painting my car red. Beautiful.
bandjoey
Elsa is the Ice Queen on the hit movie Frozen. Might be a new name - Betsy got kinda old. poke.gif
I vote for Elsa!

This will be a super cool car, Shoe. beerchug.gif

RazorbackFan78
Before seeing this pic, I was convinced I wouldn't be returning my car to it's original Marathon Blue Metallic. But holy smokes that looks great! How come they never look this good when I google Marathon Blue Metalic 914's.

LOOKS GREAT!!!

IPB Image
mepstein
QUOTE(RazorbackFan78 @ Mar 21 2014, 03:58 PM) *

Before seeing this pic, I was convinced I wouldn't be returning my car to it's original Marathon Blue Metallic. But holy smokes that looks great! How come they never look this good when I google Marathon Blue Metalic 914's.

LOOKS GREAT!!!

IPB Image

That was in a paint booth. Wait until it hits the sun. Scotty is getting pretty good with those vinyl wraps
scotty b
Taint perfect, but it's Donalds after all rolleyes.gif
Cairo94507
Looks incredible. Now let's hope it don't get all bugged up during assembly..... beer.gif
poorsche914
Nice job, Scotty.
Here's the Ice Queen in Knoxville visiting my Creamsicle.
Click to view attachment

driving.gif
billh1963
Love that color
rick 918-S
Awesome color drooley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.