Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Virtual bump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SirAndy
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Sep 24 2004, 02:26 PM)
No. I call a court a "rogue court" when they deny basic human rights like right to life

that is your personal opinion and that is OK, but you also have to understand that there are a lot of people in this country who disagree with your views on abortion.
would you still have called the very same judges a "rogue court" if they had decided otherwise? i assume not.

wink.gif Andy
rhodyguy
there's no trying discuss it andy. the religious right sure wants to tell you what to do and how shall live your life. very talibanesque. they would prefer the supreme court conform to their standards, yet maintain the separation of church and state.

kevin
Bleyseng
Ahh now it makes sense.
My sister got pregnant under the "old" laws at 15 and it was a major hassle to get an abortion for her. Was that a wise choice? She has said yes over and over again all these years as it was a stupid mistake.
Who is the "slave" or "the unprotected" if a woman gets pregnant? I have always thought it is the choice of the woman to decide if she wants the pregnacy not the "law of the land at the moment". Someones rights has to prevail since their are two parties involved.....

Oh, nice car! Is that a Crown Victoria???

Geoff
Meredith
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 24 2004, 02:50 PM)

Geoff

I have no idea. confused24.gif I just thought it was cute.

Mer
fiid
I thought it was agreed that politics was off limits.

I mean - it's not my choice, I can talk about it all day, but didn't the electorate vote to disallow it, or did you get a supreme court decision to allow this thread?

huh.gif wacko.gif
thomasotten
Andy:

Of course I would not call the court a "rogue court" if it at least defended the most fundamental of rights. That is what courts are supposed to do. By saying "that is just your opinion", I would say yes it is my opinion. But, some opinions are right and some are wrong. Killing is wrong. We know that. It is something that is self evident. If the court cannot defend the most basic right, how can it have any legitimacy? In other words, if you take away the right to life, all other rights are meaningless because without life, you have no rights.
Meredith
Sigh.

Well, I tried to steer the conversation away from politics. Didn't get a lot of help from the crowd, though. wink.gif

Mer
thomasotten
QUOTE(shotgun @ Sep 24 2004, 06:04 PM)
Sigh.

Well, I tried to steer the conversation away from politics. Didn't get a lot of help from the crowd, though. wink.gif

Mer

Mer:

You need to show us pics of Porshes... the muscle car thing just doesn't do it for me.
Meredith
What?! This is a Porsche website and you need me to show you pictures of Porsches?! headbang.gif

biggrin.gif Mer
PatW
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Sep 24 2004, 06:12 PM)

You need to show us pics of Porshes... the muscle car thing just doesn't do it for me.

I used to have one of these many years ago.. It was my first car and I had do a Valve job on it before I got to drive it.. Hey! it's not a Porsche but its red!.

Babe Magnet.
jimtab
QUOTE(shotgun @ Sep 24 2004, 03:45 PM)
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 24 2004, 02:50 PM)

Geoff

I have no idea. confused24.gif I just thought it was cute.

Mer

Looks like my dad's old 56 Lincoln Premier, the only year he didn't buy the Continental (because it was too small) we missed an all time classic, the Mark II.
redshift
I'll see you assholes when John Kerry, and Ladybird Heinz are back home, acting like a retard senator, and a braindead whore.

4 more years

Miles
Aaron Cox
i may be alone...but some people believe this forum should be politics free agree.gif
RAR
I think the McGuire sisters still sound great. What on earth was Phyllis thinking though, by hanging around with Giancana?
Meredith
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 24 2004, 10:51 PM)
i may be alone...but some people believe this forum should be politics free agree.gif

You're not alone. Want to post some Porsche pictures so they finally shut up? biggrin.gif

Mer
MattR
Polititians are the same all around. They promise to build a bridge even with no river.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.