Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 904 Gauge Kits - any interest???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
dinomium
I just cant hope anymore
I hope you are happy Arron! sad.gif
craig downs
Are any of these gauges or kits still available I hope? I would love to have one.
dinomium
Hi craig, we ALL have been waiting, since oct of 2004~
craig downs
Umm bummer I guess will just have to wait, watch and hope
Anyway thanks for letting me know
markb
QUOTE (dinomium @ Jan 20 2006, 07:24 PM)
Hi craig, we ALL have been waiting, since oct of 2004~

and waiting.....and waiting....and waiting...... biggrin.gif
craig downs
I 1st saw this thread tonight and seening the Oct. 2004 date I thought I missed out but I guess it has'nt happened yet. It looks like alot of intrest.
If and when they come available I hope they have alot of them
df2931
I want!!!!!!!!!!!!
bd1308
me too...

b
LouisCypher
If it is possible to send the kit to Germany, I would like a couple of them!

Cheers,

Louis
anthony
How much to just buy one from Palo Alto Speedometer or North Hollywood Speedometer??

http://www.paspeedo.com/porsche914combi.htm

http://www.nhspeedometer.com/914/1.htm

alpha434
uh oh.....

ohmy.gif
shadygrady
count me in

grady
dinomium
QUOTE (anthony @ Jan 21 2006, 02:14 PM)
How much to just buy one from Palo Alto Speedometer or North Hollywood Speedometer??

BRING MONEY!!
IMHO too much $$$ for a gauge I can really read with my MOMO wheel!!
STL914
QUOTE (anthony @ Jan 21 2006, 01:14 PM)

Am I missing something? I don't see any prices listed on their web site.
anthony
How much is too much? When you factor in the cost of the kit (Pelican charged $150 and lost their asses), the cost of a 911 gauge, the cost of a 914 gauge, and the PITA factor buying one premade starts to look like a good option.

IMHO too much $$$ for a gauge I can really read with my MOMO wheel!!

I think that even the kit is a lot of effort for little payoff. It's pretty easy to find a place to add a VDO oil pressure gauge.
craig downs
QUOTE (anthony @ Jan 21 2006, 01:14 PM)

North Hollywood offered one on ebay about two months ago for 5or 6 hundered
dinomium
I think 500 is too much for me to spend. I have no problem with the price, or somebody needing to get paid...
I could find alot of stuff for 5 bills... thats all I am saying... The hollywood units have the correct lettering angles as well, it is a HIGH quality item and they do good work...
I think I will fall over backwards if I backpedal any further!
craig downs
I agree When I saw it on ebay I was dooling but I could'nt bring my self to send that much for a gauge.
alpha434
just hang on for a while guys. 600 bucks is just a little insane.
pnewman
I was considering changing the lenses and faces from my 74 teener 1.8 last year and getting silver or white faces to match the car (silver) and North Hollywood quoted me like 700 - 1000 depending on lenses etc.

and for giggles I contacted I think it was Mid america or whomever put a photo of the 914 advertisement for gauge trim rings in it.... the gauges had white or silver faces and I started calling around. the company wanted a 400+ mark up over North Hollywood!

I wouldn't mind paying 1-200 for good faces and assembling myself.

alpha434
1-200 huh?

hmmmmmmm......

Uh oh.
Katmanken
Customer assistance in Aisle 3....

That's Customer assistance in AISLE 3....

AAaaaaaaaaaaRon....... Are you there?

Kenny get a job soon, Kenny want one....

happy11.gif popcorn[1].gif

Ken
Aaron Cox
alpha has machining/silkscreening hookups and is taking over this project, with him doing it, theyll actually get done smile.gif

From 914forme to aaron to root to aaron to alpha.....

he has all the info, and is gonna make them happen smile.gif
Root_Werks
sad.gif A lot of things changed for me last year. But I hope the gauges do get done. I am sure I would be in for probably a few kits. wink.gif
alpha434
Well wait. I'm just crunching numbers. No promises yet.

I need to find a better silkscreener than the one I've got. I might even have to ship them out, since the denver area doesn't cater very well to those shops.

I think that was the block that was on the last project.

Aaron can feel free to erase his last post. I don't need everybody asking me for one yet.
dinomium
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Jan 30 2006, 10:01 AM)
Well wait. I'm just crunching numbers. No promises yet.

I need to find a better silkscreener than the one I've got. I might even have to ship them out, since the denver area doesn't cater very well to those shops.

I think that was the block that was on the last project.

Aaron can feel free to erase his last post. I don't need everybody asking me for one yet.

I will take TWO then!
HA!
Tag yer it!
alpha434
Drek! I shouldn'tve said anything.

OK, then.

How much will you pay???
r_towle
what do you need a silk screener for?

I may be able to find one around here...I just need to know what I am asking for...

Rich
alpha434
to print the little po'dunk labels on the faceplate.

Oil temp, Oil pressure, and Fuel. And The brake symbol. And a few other little spots. If you ask around, It's one color, one setup.

It's mostly a time consuming process.

Maybe I should just have little stickers made in case someone wants dual head temp or something exotic.
r_towle
hell yah, stickers are fine.

The cost of setup for that would be pretty high, considering you need to mount the faceplate in the silk screen system.

I would say stickers...

Gotta get the font correct, and it will look great.

The other part, getting the face plate pressed...do you have a source for that, or is that a common part that is still available?

Rich
Eric_Shea
Remember... these stickers would be in gauges, that are in cars, that are in the sun. Inside temps can exceed 120-130. Gots to be good stickers.
ynotdd
add me in for one!! again! flag.gif
alpha434
Well see... Stickers are of much lower quality then silkscreen printing. And probly only just a little cheaper. BUT it'll give the buyers articulation to have whatever gauges they want installed wherever they want them.

This is a hard choice because I'm torn between manufacturing the highest quality part that I can and making the most versatile part that I can. I'm going to put in dual head temps on one. And someone else I know wants a boost gauge on one side.

Tough. I'll have to look into the quality of the stickers that I have made. And I think I'll just include 3 with the kit whatever people want.
scottb
time for the ol'

icon_bump.gif

shit, what is entailed? really? i need a hobby, maybe i will do this if i can get some folks to help with direction.

why do i have a sense of dread while typing this? unsure.gif

=======
bd1308
alpha, just silkscreen the guages. have several options, or sell blanks and people can dick with it on thier own.

b
Aaron Cox
dont be a prick.
John
alpha, just silkscreen the guages. have several options, or sell blanks and people can dick with it on thier own.

b

agree.gif

Is this thing happening?

I'm at a point where I am about to assemble my last kit.....

I could get my own silksrceened.

scottb
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 5 2006, 05:18 PM)
dont be a prick.

me? unsure.gif

not trying to be a happy unit, just thinking of picking up the reins.... unless of course someone else has this horse....

cheers...

beer.gif beer.gif
alpha434
What's up?

cool_shades.gif
markb
I really do hope this happens. I've been waiting a long time for someone to come up with these.
alpha434
I like the selling blanks option. I've already got a few lying around. I'm in line waiting to get into the best silkscreen shop in town. And have been for just over a month. I guess I'm "low priority." Probly another youth thing...

dry.gif
Aaron Cox
stick with it amigo
John
I like the selling blanks option. I've already got a few lying around. I'm in line waiting to get into the best silkscreen shop in town.

Do it!

I'd be in for 1 or 2 blanks Backplate and front face...

(no center buttons please I can drill that hole myself)

I would also suggest one change in the backplate. ----> 4 relocated/additional holes to allow later model fuel gauges.

I'm making my last kit this way and it is a matter of adding 4 holes and filling 2 slots. This mod makes for NO SOLDERING INVOLVED and you don't have to deal with those two crimped spade terminals breaking off when removing/installing them.

Just a suggestion.

Either way, I want 1 or 2.

boxstr
The company I use for fabrication has an in house slikscreen facility. If you want to send me a face blank I will ask them cost of the gauge face and silkscreening.
Craig C. Laughlin
alpha434
QUOTE (JOHNMAN @ Mar 5 2006, 06:45 PM)
I like the selling blanks option. I've already got a few lying around. I'm in line waiting to get into the best silkscreen shop in town.

Do it!

I'd be in for 1 or 2 blanks Backplate and front face...

(no center buttons please I can drill that hole myself)

I would also suggest one change in the backplate. ----> 4 relocated/additional holes to allow later model fuel gauges.

I'm making my last kit this way and it is a matter of adding 4 holes and filling 2 slots. This mod makes for NO SOLDERING INVOLVED and you don't have to deal with those two crimped spade terminals breaking off when removing/installing them.

Just a suggestion.

Either way, I want 1 or 2.

No shit?!?

If you want to see that feature, then you'd better get me some specs on it. I think we may be locked in on the specs for the first 25. But we can make some adjustments for the next run.

And there are a lot of silk screeners around here. I'm working on getting my own setup for this. None of the shops charge anything near a reasonable rate. Makes it impossible to sell these for a reasonable rate. And etc.
John
This is what I was trying to describe in my last post

user posted image
alpha434
I'll see what I can do.
rktmn247
I know nothing about this topic other than I think these guages look great. Is silk screening the only way to go with this? It seems to me with the advancements in printing technology and home pc solutions something else might work. Not saying inkjet would be the answer, but my printer at home will print directly onto cd and dvd discs so it has me wondering what other creative solutions might be out there. idea.gif
lotus_65
i was going to try rub-on transfer lettering. letraset
i was going to live without the generator and battery graphics, but it looks like they'll do a custom layup, step and repeat it and send sheets out for a fee.
you want me to find out how much?
Thanks for carrying the cause.
As mention before -I'll take one or two
cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.