Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back to work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Pages: 1, 2, 3
drew365
I'll ask Willow Springs about lunch.
drew365
Lunch update: Laurie returned my call about doing a Bar-B-Que for us at the Streets. They can no longer do that outside because of air quality regulations. She also runs the sandwich shop at the big track. They don't have an event at the big track that day and wouldn't have been open, but will open for lunch just for us. She would cater something to the garages if we wanted but I didn't want to open a can of worms. So what do you think, is that good enough for us to traipse over to the big track for a sandwich at noon?
Howard
If they are open at big track from 11:30 to 1:30, that would be fine. AA is buying lunch, so guess we should have a fixed menu, but whatever. We have $750 for that, and burger, chips and a drink is $5 if I remember. That would cover 140 lunches plus tip. Don't think we'll have many more than that at the track.
VegasRacer
QUOTE (drew365 @ Mar 24 2005, 06:59 PM)
is that good enough for us to traipse over to the big track for a sandwich at noon?

I have eaten lunch at the snack bar at the big track before. The food is fine. Having them do all the work sounds like a great idea.

Giving everyone a chace to see the big track up close is an added bonus.
Any chance they would let us do a low speed parade lap?
Maybe even a group photo opp. from the Budwiser Balcony or Starter Stand?
drew365
Photo op would take a bit of time. At Howard's suggestion I'm kicking around working in two sessions on the skid pad for the novices. We'll be squeezed to get enough track time to keep everyone happy even if everything runs on time. I figure fat chance that will happen. I don't know if anyone has scheduled a photo op during the weekend.
Howard
Parade lap(s) at big track and Bud turn photo would be nice, but Andy may be right about time limitations. Planning a photo op at Paramount Ranch. They will let us use a portion of the old track for that.

Still looking like 70ish cars going to track. As far as track time goes, most of these guys are used to AX where you sit and wait 90% of the time. This has got to be an improvement, so don't worry too much. No matter how we plan it, we'll piss off some of the people, and trying to get this many wackos to the same place at the same time, or pose for a photo shoot......

What do you guys think of shortening the track with pylons to miss the skid pad sweeper to let the others use the track while the novices are skidding?
drew365
Howard; that was in my mind but I don't know if the last turn off before the skid pad is in good enough shape or not. I was going to ask Marty if he thinks it would be safe.
Speaking of Marty, can I offer him or Bob T a free track day if they help instruct and run the event? I've only been at one school where we did the skid pad so I'm not real up on the drill.
Howard
You bet. I let POC know that we'll be at Inn Sunday PM if anyone wanted to stop by. Think I'll remind them. If any POC instuctors want to help, free track and lunch. Just wonder how many will want to hang around after STS that weekend...
Howard
Oh, and I sent Willow Payment in full yesterday. Wait, there is a Track Fee???
drew365
John; Thanks for posting that drifting video. It answers my questions about using a cut off before the skid pad. It looks like the cut off will add a couple of corners but is perfectly usable. That will allow an group to be on the track while a novice group is on the skid pad. Just need enough instructors willing to go round and round on the skid pad for a couple of hours. Might be a good day to skip breakfast.
Howard
As long as so many are already going to skline's this Saturday, let's make that a WCC planning meeting, too. Realize this is short notice, but hey, we're short bus people. Anyone have the address?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.