Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Hobbies besides 914's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
root
O.K. I was kidding about the bear wrestling! biggrin.gif

But this one's true-

I wrestle my 110 Lb. Chocolate Labrador Reteiver for FUN!
and his name is Rocky... We have this trick we do together; first I
tease him with a deflated basketball, when he bites it, he locks on
and I swing him around in circles until all four feet are off the ground.

He loves it but it wears me out quick. I weigh 190 so I only have the
80lb differential to anchor me.
ppickerell
I fish the Ocean and San Francisco bay in a 36 ft Albin sportfisher and run the Delta and the Sierra Foothill lakes in my bass boat. I have double kayaks, single kayaks and canoes so I get a lot of time on the water. I play guitar and keyboards and record my own music. I love racing and go to Laguna Seca and Sears point as often as I can.
Meredith
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I also want to learn how to play the guitar. smile.gif
dflesburg
If you are serious about playing the guitar, I recommend a little practice amp called a Pignose. Plus later you can run it through your Peavy, PA or Marshal Stack and blow the neighborhood away.

Between my loud cars and my loud guitars its hard to tell if I can hear at all....

I'm a marathon runner.
Series9
I am NOT a nerd. I just do something nerdy on the side...
wheelo
Wow... I am impressed... Glad to know you !!!

I do tons of stuff also :
- Surf (kneeboarder 30yrs)
- Guitar (church band)
- Motorcycle (every week)
- Bonsai (@ 12 of them)
- Hotwheels (diecast collection)
- House Repair/Maint (1963)
- Teener (on-road since '73)
- Plus my Daughter & 3 step kids !

Time goes soooo fast !

wacko.gif
IronHillRestorations
I don't know if a five year old boy and three year old girl count as hobbies, but my family is #1 for me!

After that:
maintaining and "modifying" our (too big) home and our property
playing golf
playing guitar (a Gibson RD Artist, a Taylor 715CE, and a hotrod Strat copy)
playing drums
checkin out this BBS!

PK
Bleyseng
Perry, what about making those cool umbrella covers for the 914?? ain't that a hobby?

Thanks for sending mine as it works great! Its raining now....as always in Seattle.

Geoff biggrin.gif
Seagrave
Cars (911, 914)
Street tracker Triumph 650 (but it mostly graces the garage now. Don't ride anymore except around the block...anyone want to buy it?)
Slot cars...sometimes
I bought and resurrected a fire engine that I once served on. Now take that to musters, parades, and birthday parties.
scotty914
hunt
shoot
hike
sit around
wish i could do less of above to work on car
surf the WWW....
camp
pool ( pool table less than 10 foot away )
girlfriend
play with dogs
work on house

used to paintball even got paid to play ( team IMAGE )but 4000 in gear got to be too much

by trade master electrician currently collecting unemployement and starting own bussiness

scott
RAR
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Oct 10 2004, 06:42 PM)
I'm restoring our 1929 Spanish style home . It was originally the residence of Warner Bros. screen actor Sydney Greenstreet (1940s). We have a dedicated Bogie room and a Blue Parrot room . When not under the 914, at the 8 to 5, or hammering , I like to watch the old B & W classics with a couple of cold ones beer3.gif

How cool! What a fun thing to be doing.
RAR
I collect balisongs (double handled), also called butterfly knives. Whatcha' got?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.