Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention MD-VA-PA-DE & ALL 914World members
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Tedman5
I see some people posting early arrival times. Do I have my times mixed up? I thought the details said this starts at 2. ??? Has something changed?
plas76targa
QUOTE(Tedman5 @ Aug 18 2012, 05:00 AM) *

Leaving Lebanon, PA at noon via PA Turnpike, Rt 15 south. Should be in around 2pm.
Looking forward to meeting all of you. This will be a great day!

Tedman - count the mile markers on R15 South, were below 18. right in the area where posted speed limit is reduced to 50. Exit at Willow, left at Willowbrooke, right at Opposumtown, 0.5 mile to left turn into Meadowbrooke, then bear right and you can't miss us.
saigon71
Will be there right around 2. Matt - can I pick up those engine bay seals?
okieflyr
Paul (914itis) is on his way down from NY. Expect to see him around noon or so then we may arrive 2ish depending on Sat I-95 traffic. beerchug.gif
flipb
I'm aiming to get there around 2pm with my son. We have a pasta salad and a large watermelon, may pick up an interesting six-pack if we have a chance to stop along the way.

Am I the only one who's bringing a youngster after Zach's clan got sick?
zymurgist
Key lime pie and some interesting beers to sample are forthcoming...
okieflyr
Gonna be a bit still. We are waiting for Paul @ Chesapeake stop he's not too far behind.
flipb
Thanks Matt for your hospitality and thanks to everyone who came. What an awesome day!!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cupomeat
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jwhcars
Thanks again Matt !! I had a fantastic time - good people - wonderful
Cars and the food ...... Oh yeah super !!
MikeSpraggi
Matt thank you for hosting this event! Again, great food, people and conversation!
Tedman5
Thanks to all who attended the meet yesterday. It was great meeting and speaking with everyone!
Most of all thanks to Matt for hosting and all of the wonderful food! It was a great time and can't wait to do something like this again.
mepstein
Great to see everyone, meet new people and eat awesome food. Thanks Matt!
914itis
Thanks to Matt and his family for having us . We had a great time . Thanks to everyone who attended for their Warmth welcome. it was a blast!
zymurgist
Thanks to Matt and Katherine for their hospitality!

Did anyone get pictures of Adam's scooter? That was a blast to ride.
saigon71
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 19 2012, 12:31 PM) *

Thanks to Matt and Katherine for their hospitality!

Did anyone get pictures of Adam's scooter? That was a blast to ride.

I am surprised nobody wrecked that thing!
BajaXJ92
Hey at least I brought something air cooled!! biggrin.gif

Thank you for having us Matt, the food was excellent as was the people and conversation! A great turnout of cars as well!

Hope everybody made it home safe! beerchug.gif

I kinda feel like crap after getting into the Whiskey patch last night.... dry.gif
root
Matt, Catherine, and Family......It's always a good time in Frederick!
Thank you for all you're effort and hospitality.

Dogman asked me to post the link to my bike blog so here it is:
http://exbike.wordpress.com
zymurgist
I got Babydoll home just in time to get her cover on before it started pouring rain here. beerchug.gif
root
Zach, here's the distributor space I need. Tank and frame get in the way
if the dist gets any bigger than this. Maybe what we can do is
try it at Scotty's 'cause I'm considering taking the bike there in October.
Click to view attachment

Oh! Thanks for the 'GURKHA' wub.gif
VaccaRabite
Just got home. Had to stop along the way to get my eldest from the grandparents.

Another fantastic party.

Got lots of good doggie time.
Fell in a hole. blink.gif
Welcomed the newest 914 world couple - Adam and Scott. wub.gif
Did some cannonballs into the pool.
Had some spectacular weather - given weeks recently. Cool and sunny with fluffy clouds - about as perfect as weather gets.
The BBQ was very nice.
And when I got home, my baby boy looked 100x better then he looked when I left yesterday.

IPB Image

Zach

914itis
Zach, Great to hear that your baby is doing better.
We are on our way back . We stopped to eat at the md/del border. We didn't make it to DC. Another 150 miles to go .
plas76targa
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Aug 19 2012, 09:54 AM) *

Thank you for having us Matt, the food was excellent as was the people and conversation! A great turnout of cars as well!

I kinda feel like crap after getting into the Whiskey patch last night.... dry.gif

Adam, good to know you guys made it home. Glad you could make it up to your first BBQ with us.

These pictures posted are great. Several good candidates for a screen saver!
Katherine and I enjoy hosting this event and meeting new folks as well as spending time with the seasoned ones. We may have to expand this to two days just to eat all the food! [nah, more of you need to show up so we get a semicircle of 914's in the front yard!].
Anyone else go in the pool besides Flipb and his son Seth, Dr Evil, Ken, Zach, and myself? [and Kudzu too] We need more swimming! Next year i'll have to put up the volleyball net smile.gif
I really look forward to this each year!
Dr Evil
What ever lens was used to take my pics made me look really fat sad.gif

Congrats Scotty and Princess! wub.gif
plas76targa
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 19 2012, 01:35 PM) *

You had no chance, you were leaning over and gravity took over.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 19 2012, 04:35 PM) *

Yeah, me too. dry.gif
saigon71
"Hey at least I brought something air cooled!!"

You have a point Adam. dry.gif

scotty b
as always, this is one of the events I look forward to the most. Rain, shine, or hurricane smile.gif

Thanks Matt beerchug.gif

and screw all of you mad.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 19 2012, 04:35 PM) *

No worries Dad. Mrs. Robinson was over today peeking over my shoulder at the computer, and she liked what she saw, so look out scotty b. ohmy.gif

This event is even close enough to include some Canucks. If we got the old ON included on the invite list. sad2.gif

okieflyr
Thanks for hosting a great gathering again Matt first.gif We enjoyed the food and great company as usual, and thanks to everyone that made the effort to attend.
The variety of people make it fun, and the cars are an extension of them.
type47
Beautiful day, great food and company. Thanks for hosting this. I have many of the same shots as already posted so mine below are inside views of 2 of the cars and a poke at the host biggrin.gif
pic of Kevin's VW turbo, passat trans and cable shift set-up
Click to view attachment
pic of Bob's front trunk and oil cooler set-up
Click to view attachment
of all the 914's that attended, the only one that needed cardboard to keep it from leaking oil on the yard belonged to the host rolleyes.gif
Click to view attachment
VaccaRabite
I had not even noticed that Matt had changed over to Fuchs. Really changes the look of the car.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 19 2012, 07:20 PM) *

I had not even noticed that Matt had changed over to Fuchs. Really changes the look of the car.

agree.gif He had steelies before.
type47
Those must be his track tires. He still had his autocross number and run group on his windshield....
Click to view attachment
bob
Thanx for a fun event! extra thanx to Matt for the hospitality and the food was great! we had a good time putting cars with owners!

-bob
plas76targa
Jim hit it right. Those are my AX wheels. I have the steelies as stock tires for daily driving. A trailer with track tires and tools is in the long range plan.
bozo914
Just wanted to add my "Thank you!" to Matt and Katherine for all the effort and expense that goes into hosting an event such as this. first.gif This was my first time there. Really enjoyed seeing some familiar faces and meeting everybody else. And the awesome 914s. Nice to have our own little car show. aktion035.gif

MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Aug 19 2012, 12:55 PM) *

QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Aug 19 2012, 09:54 AM) *

Adam, good to know you guys made it home. Glad you could make it up to your first BBQ with us.

These pictures posted are great. Several good candidates for a screen saver!
Katherine and I enjoy hosting this event and meeting new folks as well as spending time with the seasoned ones. We may have to expand this to two days just to eat all the food! [nah, more of you need to show up so we get a semicircle of 914's in the front yard!].
Anyone else go in the pool besides Flipb and his son Seth, Dr Evil, Ken, Zach, and myself? [and Kudzu too] We need more swimming! Next year i'll have to put up the volleyball net smile.gif
I really look forward to this each year!

Well maybe next year I can do the pool ... I shouldn't be at the "Beached Whale" status.
zymurgist
IPB Image
bshounen
driving.gif so, no bbq? im n vegas and dont mind a road trip if u guys want ot get this thing roll'n for 2014...
VaccaRabite
It will likely happen in August.
Its a great time.

Zach
timofly
Sounds like fun. Address?

I'll be there unless management has another plan. I'm new to VA but not to 914s.

BajaXJ92
I think about this event often when I think back to owning 914's.

Just thought I'd drop a line and see how all of you old timers are doing!

Except for you Zach, I just saw you about 2yrs ago now? biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
Matt is now closer to you then me. They still own the house in Maryland, but they are doing a stint in Utah for Kath's work.
Ken and Jim sad.gif
Mike has a bunch of kids now.
I have a bunch of kids now.
Scott is swamped with work.
Kevin sold his car and just does overlanding now.
Herb's blown up his car like 20 times now. evilgrin.gif
A lot of the others I've lost touch with from that party group.

I still try and make 914 events, but do a lot with cubs and boy scouts.

I've been thinking about resurrecting the party at my place - but damn is it hard to find the time. It seems like every weekend is packed with kid stuff, or car stuff.

Zach
Dr Evil
QUOTE(BajaXJ92 @ Oct 25 2021, 01:30 AM) *

I think about this event often when I think back to owning 914's.

Just thought I'd drop a line and see how all of you old timers are doing!

Except for you Zach, I just saw you about 2yrs ago now? biggrin.gif

Im always trying to get back to being more social. EvilWerks has exploded and I have a good steady flow of work and happy customers, so that does not such. Currently, mid move to Cincinnati area (Loveland), transferring day jobs from Columbus at the VA. Still planning to go out on my own as soon as my loans are forgiven (what a clusterfuch that has been). Zach is right, I accidentally procreated and made some giant twin boys that are now 17mo and likely to consume my income in food in the not too distant future. I hope to make Hershey year after this with stuff ready to rock for big ol EvilWerks debut. Depends on shop situation at new location (need to find, rent/buy).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.