Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Supersize Me
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
double-a
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Oct 13 2004, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Oct 12 2004, 09:16 AM)
Run 5 miles during my lunch and drink mostly water or Milk.  
No Soda, hardly ever Juice even.

how do you do THAT?

Especially the NO SODA part. I've just recently began trying to drink Diet Pepsi mon-fri, but damn it's hard to do.

yeah, no soda for me either, we never buy the stuff. i stopped drinking it waaaay back in high school during cross country, these days it's a matter of nutrition. we really are what we eat, and a can of sugar, artificial flavoring, caffeine and acid is just not appealing to me any more. water, juice or just about anything is better for you. a can of beer is probably 10x better for you than soda... just in case some of you needed motivation wink.gif and we've all heard by now the incredible benefits of a glass of wine.

caffeine is one of the more addictive substances known, so i've heard, and it's not surprising that it's hard to drop the soda habit. if you can get past the withdrawal, it's worth it for the increase in energy.

~a
EdwardBlume
Weigh is a "touchy" subject and this thread is NOT meant to make anyone feel any particular way- except perhaps more informed. Supersize Me is a movie that details the growing epidemic in the US called obesity.

Hey, I'm overweight.

IMO- The worst parts of all of it is that we are manipulated into buying crap and much of the messages are aimed at kids. Its just as manipulative as candy cigarettes that look like the regular brands.

Companies hungry for profits use psychological association - "feels good" - personal association - Britney Spears drinks Pepsi, and massive repetition to train people knowingly, and unknowingly to associate those things with doing things that are at base unhealthly- ie: drinking sugar and caffeine. Why do people do it, because they want to feel good about themselves, or there's an addiction established. See the paradox.

Its silly. Its like putting corn oil in your 914 instead of Mobil One because it feels good, and its the choice of a new 914 generation. It has nothing to do with what's best, or what's good for you.

I'm not a tree hugging granola muncher (nothing wrong with that either), but I am a parent who wonders how I can fight it. I'll never go to McD's again unless I have to pee.

Here's my dog Tulip. She likes Brad.... idea.gif
lagunero
Thanks Adam laugh.gif laugh.gif Yup Rob, all we can do is start at home and if possible somehow bring awareness to others (maybe start a thread that reads; OT Supersize Me) idea.gif
I didn't add to Trekkor's "munching thread" cuz 99% of the time all I do while surfing is drink water, lotsa water. Today I felt like splurging and I just finished off 13 servings of Dorito's Cool Ranch. That's 91 grams of Fat. Oh....and I washed it down with a Large Coke.
Trekkor
I watched the rest of the movie the other night.
"Rock 'n roll McDonald's"

I'm 206#'s right now and 5'10".
I'd like to be 180-185. That's still overweight according to the "people" who say things. lol2.gif

For me, that 185 should be just right.
I have a gut, no hiding that, but I also have strong upper body muscle due to my trade.Wieghs more than fat. cool_shades.gif

I'm working on it!

I'm trying to munch raw vegies instead of crunchy carb schtuff.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.