Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB: CSP Bellcrank Linkage for dual IDF
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
JFJ914
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 11 2013, 07:30 PM) *
Got mine installed late yesterday. Ball sockets that actually pop off. I still need to synch and remove the crossbar plate from the top of the carbs. But synching should be a lot easier.

Did yours have the built in return spring?
McMark
I emailed Gunter again to see what's up. I just looked again at the CSP site and perhaps it's compatible with this spring which is an add on option.

Hopefully I will hear back from Gunter soon and we can see about ordering the spring for those who want them.
biosurfer1
Count me in for a spring
Gint
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Feb 12 2013, 09:25 AM) *
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 11 2013, 07:30 PM) *
Got mine installed late yesterday. Ball sockets that actually pop off. I still need to synch and remove the crossbar plate from the top of the carbs. But synching should be a lot easier.
Did yours have the built in return spring?
No. Just the carb springs at this point. I don't think I want a return spring. I prefer a nice light throttle. I haven't really driven it yet though either.
Gint
That works great! What an improvement over those stupid cross bar linkages.
Harpo
Please add me to the list for the additional return spring

Thanks

DAvid
billh1963
Didn't look closely at mine....I also thought these were going to have the built in return spring. Put me down for a spring.
Gint
I'm not using a spring other than what's on the carb shafts. Works great!
DBCooper
Unless there's something wrong with your carburetors you shouldn't need an additional return spring. That linkage is so low friction that it doesn't "add" anything. That's not to say you don't need a spring, I don't know, but if you do you might want to take a look at your throttle cable, or your carb's throttle shafts.
Gint
Or at least get it installed first! poke.gif You don't know that you don't need a return spring unless you've tried it.
JFJ914
Any news about the spring?????
ConeDodger
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Apr 9 2013, 07:25 AM) *

Any news about the spring?????

Yes, and it's good news too! It's Spring! av-943.gif
McMark
I've tried several times to get info from CSP about the return spring. The bottom line is that I haven't gotten any word that there is a spring made specifically for our setup. The T1 spring may work, but I won't have time to do any research into this aspect. sad.gif
B2524
Are any of these still available, I missed this thread. Thanks,
Kd
rmital
confused24.gif
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 5 2012, 05:21 PM) *

I'm ordering a few CSP Bellcrank linkages and I figured I'd put it out as a group buy and offer a discount, as well as a package deal with the throttle cable bracket I make.

This is the best, easiest to use/install linkage available. I've used a ton of them and the build quality is outstanding and installation is dead-simple. I'm also including the throttle cable bracket that I designed specifically for this setup. That means this a complete setup for dual IDF users.

Original price for the linkage from CSP is $155 (at current exchange rates)
Original price for the throttle bracket is $35

Total retail is $190. Group buy price: $165. Closes 12/18/2012

Order Now

IPB Image

I will place the order with CSP on 12/18. The setups will ship from Germany to me, and then I'll reship to you. Expected shipping is the week of 1/10/2013.

I installed the linkage, very nice....and the bracket....the barrel of the accelerator cable is past the connection point (cable too long)?

anyone have this issue? did this last night, finished up around midnight, so going to take another look when I get home today; but certainly seems the accel cable is just too long.....
McMark
There is a ball-socket at the pedal. This should be threaded all the way on. If not it can cause the problem you're looking at.

And while you've got your head in the pedal cluster, make sure the throttle stop isn't bent and allowing the throttle to return farther than normal. And inspect the throttle arm at the cluster to make sure the rod isn't bending. The arm to rod should be 90 degrees/ right-angle.
LotusJoe
Is this setup still available?
Dtjaden
Can anyone compare this to the Tangerine cable linkage (ignoring the price difference)?
ConeDodger
The CSP is crazy good. I can't speak for the Tangerine though Chris pretty much universally makes great product...
McMark
I think I have a couple, send me a PM.
r_towle
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 11 2013, 02:21 AM) *

I've tried several times to get info from CSP about the return spring. The bottom line is that I haven't gotten any word that there is a spring made specifically for our setup. The T1 spring may work, but I won't have time to do any research into this aspect. sad.gif

Post a pic of the spring if this is still a problem.

We had good success with MSC or McMaster Carr when we needed springs, they have all springs...

Looks like (from what pictures I see here) the spring would be part of the bell crank, so its a torsion spring.

They have a hug section of these at the two HW vendors above...
We order ten different ones for a robot once, kept trying them till we found the right tension for the application...
They were pretty cheap.

rich
JFG
Does anyone have pictures of the carbs where the csp plates fit? I can't tell which one they're calling left or right and the images in the instructions are blackened photocopies
nditiz1
QUOTE(JFG @ Oct 10 2017, 10:36 AM) *

Does anyone have pictures of the carbs where the csp plates fit? I can't tell which one they're calling left or right and the images in the instructions are blackened photocopies

McMark made a pretty good video showing the setup. Look for his vid here. I believe you are wondering about the rods. They attach to the carb plates. They are very similar to the hex bar setup you had on there.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=317510
JFG
I'll watch that video in full tomorrow.

My confusion is the instructions refer to right/left carbs and the throttle plates provided in the kit replaces one of them?

Have users connected them to the standard plates that come with the carbs?
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(JFG @ Oct 10 2017, 11:39 AM) *

I'll watch that video in full tomorrow.

My confusion is the instructions refer to right/left carbs and the throttle plates provided in the kit replaces one of them?

Have users connected them to the standard plates that come with the carbs?

You have to put an adapter on each one. When you have the parts in front of you, you can see it's simple and very straight forward
simonjb
Help, but which Carb is left and which is right? I am installing and trying to following the instructions. Thanks !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.