Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB: CSP Bellcrank Linkage for dual IDF
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ConeDodger
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 23 2012, 11:12 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 10 2012, 10:49 PM) *
Here are a couple more pics... This is good quality throttle control in a world of junk. biggrin.gif
What have you got plumbed into your intakes, Rob?

Sorry Mark. I am just seeing your question now. As my car has SDS injection, it has to have a vacuum signal to the MAF. The intakes are plumbed to a common plenum and then on one side of that box to the MAF and the other to a factory AAR. A little bit of Original Customs magic. I had nothing to do with that. I left it with Mark and he sent me picture updates...
914werke
Time line?
McMark
From my post from earlier today....

some components are still missing and production is scheduled for mid of December.
rhodyguy
USPS priority large box flat rate to military APO/FPO/DPO addresses is $13.45. $2 cheaper than 'anywhere in the U.S' and the boxes are free. great deal.

k
914werke
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 29 2012, 12:00 PM) *

From my post from earlier today.... some components are still missing and production is scheduled for mid of December.
idea.gif
McMark
Just got word from CSP that they're finished with the retooling and are ready to fulfill the order. With the holidays and shipping from Germany to me, I expect these will be in your hands early to mid Jan.

Anyone else that wants to get in on the order still can.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 17 2012, 10:23 AM) *

Just got word from CSP that they're finished with the retooling and are ready to fulfill the order. With the holidays and shipping from Germany to me, I expect these will be in your hands early to mid Jan.

Anyone else that wants to get in on the order still can.

Can we still get in on the order? av-943.gif Wait for it... wait for it... demeaning look is coming in 3...2...1...
McMark
Did you feel it? ph34r.gif
Gint
I'll take one. Are these rods longer to accommodate the extra width of the type IV?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 17 2012, 10:41 AM) *

Did you feel it? ph34r.gif

It was stealth but I felt a chill and I shivered and I knew, McMark must have just given me a demeaning look... Again. blink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 17 2012, 05:36 PM) *

I'll take one. Are these rods longer to accommodate the extra width of the type IV?

Mike, I don't think Mark has had trouble with these 'out of the box' with any other TypeIV but mine. He had used them on a lot of his motors before mine. Mine has at least a 1/4" spacer under the cylinders.
Gint
No, it's been a long time, but I got to thinking about it and IIRC, the one I got years ago had rods that were were not long enough also. I can't confirm that though, because now I can't find the rods.
McMark
Just found out today that longer rods are available from CSP. So I'm ordering some spares of those in case people run into problems with width. But these are designed for the Type IV. Brett (biosurfer1) installed his with the provided rods.
Gint
Sweet! I'm in. And since I can't find mine...

Can't seem to find a button on your site to add it to my cart.
McMark
Whoops it had 'sold out'. I fixed it.
Gint
Ordered. Gracias
billh1963
Glad to hear these are finally coming in! I should be getting mine around the time I get my green car back from ScottyB....might be experiment time!
Gint
My carb rebuilds are done. I get to put that stupid cross bar linkage back on this week and sync carbs. For all of a month... yuk.
hydroliftin
Any update on when these will ship?
McMark
The linkages have arrived in the US and are in transit via USPS to me.
billh1963
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 14 2013, 03:19 PM) *

The linkages have arrived in the US and are in transit via USPS to me.

Awesome! Can't wait piratenanner.gif
RoadGlue
Yippeeeee!

Thanks Mark.

santa_smiley.gif
Harpo
Great news, thanks for the update

David
somd914
Been needing to tweak my hex bar linkage but I've been holding off - looks like tossing it rather than tweaking it will soon be in order!

Thanks Mark
hydroliftin
Wooh-hop! I can hardly wait to pull out that hex bar.
McMark
I have a huge box of linkage kits beside my desk. boldblue.gif

These will get packed up and shipped to buyers sometime later this week. Thanks for everyones patience.
SUNAB914
By any chance you got an extra for sale, just saw this thread.
JFJ914
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 22 2013, 11:11 AM) *

I have a huge box of linkage kits beside my desk. boldblue.gif

These will get packed up and shipped to buyers sometime later this week. Thanks for everyones patience.

Cool! Just like Christmas all over again!
RoadGlue
I may be in slow-noma this weekend. What day(s) will you be there? Maybe grab a beer while we're there?
aharder
Sweet piratenanner.gif
I've been headbang.gif trying to get my carbs in sync.
billh1963
Have these shipped yet? BTW: Did you get my PM? Wanted to make sure you have my correct address.

Harpo
Good evening Mark,

Could you please give us an update?

Thanks

David
McMark
Shipping out tomorrow. My employee was out sick all last week and all the things I had planned got screwed up.
McMark
Linkages should start arriving in mailboxes anytime... biggrin.gif
aharder
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Thanks Mark !!!!
RoadGlue
Ditto!

Maybe we'll see you Friday? Let's keep in touch. I need to head out to the race track to pick up an exhaust system for Dug. I may do that over the weekend, which means I could swing by the shop if you're there. We'll chat via email.

Woo hoo! One less thing to not have think about.

Randy
RoadGlue
Ha! Well I spoke too soon. It just arrived here at the office. Thanks Mark!
hydroliftin
Bellcrank arived today! Now I can get the carbs sorted out. Thanks Mark.
McMark
One thing I need to email everyone about is that you may find it worked better to route the throttle cable between the engine shelf and the engine tin. The angle is slightly better for the cable to mount in the new black bracket.

Also, use the picture in the first post as a guide.
billh1963
Got mine yesterday...well worth the wait! Thank you!
JFJ914
Got it, looks great, BUT where's the return spring? I thought it was supposed to have one built in.
hydroliftin
What is the torque spec for the bolts holding the bellcrank and cable bracket to the engine case?
McMark
No specific torque. Just snug it down against the washers.
somd914
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 23 2012, 10:18 AM) *

I sent out an email to all the buyers. Only heard back from a few. CSP is updating the design to include a return spring (which is a great new benefit). I'll contact them again and get an updated timeline. If you need one ASAP, PM me and we'll figure something out.

I too am confused - no return spring. But otherwise very sweet.
euro911
Do you guys have the original Weber springs on the throttle shafts?

Click to view attachment

They were missing on my carbs, so I bought some new ones from EMW. You can get them from CB Performance, as well as a few other sources.

I added an additional spring (at the bell-crank) that I picked up at a local hardware store.
somd914
Yep I have springs on my carbs, so no big deal, just curious as I thought the delay was do to the new design/manufacturing effort which included some sort of return spring.

No matter the linkage looks great, think it will be a good improvement, and I appreciate Mark handling the GB.
Gint
Got mine today. monkeydance.gif Did a trial fit. Perfect. Thanks Mark. Is this bracket painted or powder coated? I might need to bend it a little and end up needing some touch up.
RoadGlue
The bracket is powder coated. Just saw Mark tonight and the topic came up.
Gint
Thanks Randy
Gint
Got mine installed late yesterday. Ball sockets that actually pop off. I still need to synch and remove the crossbar plate from the top of the carbs. But synching should be a lot easier.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.