Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB: CSP Bellcrank Linkage for dual IDF
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
McMark
I'm ordering a few CSP Bellcrank linkages and I figured I'd put it out as a group buy and offer a discount, as well as a package deal with the throttle cable bracket I make.

This is the best, easiest to use/install linkage available. I've used a ton of them and the build quality is outstanding and installation is dead-simple. I'm also including the throttle cable bracket that I designed specifically for this setup. That means this a complete setup for dual IDF users.

Original price for the linkage from CSP is $155 (at current exchange rates)
Original price for the throttle bracket is $35

Total retail is $190. Group buy price: $165. Closes 12/18/2012

Order Now

IPB Image

I will place the order with CSP on 12/18. The setups will ship from Germany to me, and then I'll reship to you. Expected shipping is the week of 1/10/2013.
Harpo
Good afternoon Mark,

Will this fit Dells as well as Webbers?

Thanks

David
McMark
Yup. Works for Dellorto DRLAs.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 5 2012, 03:21 PM) *

Original price for the linkage from CSP is $155 (at current exchange rates)
Original price for the throttle bracket is $35

Total retail is $190. Group buy price: $165. Closes 9/10/2012

Order Now

I will place the order with CSP on 9/10. The setups will ship from Germany to me, and then I'll reship to you. Expected shipping is the week of 9/17/2012.

Mark,

I just placed an order via the website - nicely done and thanks a million. I can't wait to throw my hex bar in the trash!
'73-914kid
Just out of curiosity, do these work with the tall CB intakes? I wasn't sure if the geometry would fit the tall manifolds, so I went with Chris Foley's, but have you ever used them with the taller manifolds successfully? I alsways see the CSP linkage on short manifolds, which raised the question.
ConeDodger
Seriously good deal! This is what Mark put on my car and it works like a charm!
ottox914
I have this set up on the 914T, tall manifolds, and TWM ITB's. Don't know if it is the manifolds, or the ITB's, but the rods were just a bit short. YMMV. Even with needing that little fix, I love the system.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Sep 6 2012, 04:26 AM) *

I have this set up on the 914T, tall manifolds, and TWM ITB's. Don't know if it is the manifolds, or the ITB's, but the rods were just a bit short. YMMV. Even with needing that little fix, I love the system.

Dave, the rods are probably made for narrower engines, perhaps Type 1? Mark had to get some all-thread and replace the rods on mine due to the fact that my engine is a stroker motor and has spacers moving the cylinders outboard. Still, this is the smoothest action linkage I have seen on a 914. I love it. Very cool that Mark is putting this together too because that custom piece he is including to guide the cable looks like it was original to the car... Original but custom - Original Customs! biggrin.gif
SLKWrx
Is the throttle bracket available on its own?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SLKWrx @ Sep 6 2012, 05:12 AM) *

Yes, $35 at Original Customs or PM McMark...
biosurfer1
I have both of these on my car like Rob and took great pleasure in slowly and painfully dismantling my stupid hex bar POS which was then lovingly hurled into the trash.

Mark seems to think his bracket works better than my Home Depot galvanized angle brace solution...I still maintain that flex added character to mine:)
SLKWrx
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 6 2012, 05:37 AM) *

QUOTE(SLKWrx @ Sep 6 2012, 05:12 AM) *

Yes, $35 at Original Customs or PM McMark...

Great! Thanks.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Sep 6 2012, 06:03 AM) *

I have both of these on my car like Rob and took great pleasure in slowly and painfully dismantling my stupid hex bar POS which was then lovingly hurled into the trash.

Mark seems to think his bracket works better than my Home Depot galvanized angle brace solution...I still maintain that flex added character to mine:)

My hex bar dismantled itself once. All of a sudden on my way back from Mark's first drive from his shop in Napa it started running like shizit. I had it towed back to Mark's shop and Yopu came down to get me from Sacramento. Turned out the hex bar had self-destructed and had to be welded back together...

These things need to be trash-canned. dry.gif
hcdmueller
Any chance you will ship to an APO address? I would love to order this setup.
Chris
maf914
Mark,

I placed an order with payment from your website. Thanks!
McMark
QUOTE(hcdmueller @ Sep 6 2012, 11:05 AM) *

Chris

Never done it, but I'm willing to learn. biggrin.gif
aircooledtechguy
This linkage is absolutely the BEST thing to happen to a pair of Webers or Dellortos. If you pay a mechanic to occasionally tune the carbs, this linkage extends the time between carb tunes due to linkage changes. IE: it will pay for itself in a couple years of use.

Don't think about it; just do it!! sunglasses.gif
billh1963
Bought one!
Michelj13
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Sep 6 2012, 03:31 PM) *

This linkage is absolutely the BEST thing to happen to a pair of Webers or Dellortos. If you pay a mechanic to occasionally tune the carbs, this linkage extends the time between carb tunes due to linkage changes. IE: it will pay for itself in a couple years of use.

Don't think about it; just do it!! sunglasses.gif

I do not have any experience with this type of linkage, but, it has to be better than the hex bar type from CB, Weber, and one more can't remember the name that I DO have experience with. Especially when used in the 914 there always seems to be something in the way or something not right to achieve full throttle and even sync. Just my experience IIRC. If I ever need a dual linkage setup, this is the type I would get.
ww914
Here is another photo of this setup. It is simple and reliable.

Click to view attachment
914werke
sad.gif
hcdmueller
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 6 2012, 09:44 PM) *

Chris

Shipping is through US Postal Service. You have to fill out a customs form. It is a military address in the US that delivers stuff to me in Germany. If that works let me know.
Thanks,
Chris
ConeDodger
QUOTE(hcdmueller @ Sep 7 2012, 08:06 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 6 2012, 09:44 PM) *

Chris

Shipping is through US Postal Service. You have to fill out a customs form. It is a military address in the US that delivers stuff to me in Germany. If that works let me know.
Thanks,
Chris

He can do it! biggrin.gif You brought your car to Germany?
hcdmueller
I had no choice. Who wouldn't take their 914 to Germany if they had the chance. Just wish my work schedule didn't suck so much. I don't get to drive it as much as I would like.
McMark
Yeah, no prob.
hcdmueller
Can I make the order without going through your store? I can paypal you directly. The store gives an error with my address.
bobhasissues
I have the CSP and love it compared to hexbar.

I set mine up a bit different than the CSP instructions show with excellent results and a better fit. Was wondering if anyone else tried this:
Set the bell crank to pull forward from the driver side rather than from the passenger side. Mount throttle cable to driver side of case. Connect the passenger side rod to the (back) flywheel side of the bellcrank and the driver side to the front side of the crank. The end result is a better alignment of the push rods and a cleaner look.
biosurfer1
Bob, this is how I have mine set up too...didn't even realize it was "wrong" until Mark told me. He also said there really isn't a wrong way to mount them...there is simply a working way and a non-working way. Pretty easy to figure out which is which:)
Harpo
Good morning

Could you please post a photo?

Thanks

David
McMark
There are a couple photos on the eStore. All my pics are at work.
no1uno
just ordered one. Thanks!
euro911
I purchased one back in February - Love it!

Click to view attachment

... and they do make one specifically for Type-4s (CSP129941400) ... the mounting is different for Type-1s and -2s too.
JFJ914
I'm in, you've been PayPal'd.
hcdmueller
Can't wait to get mine.
RoadGlue
Ordered mine! Mark, remind me to give you cash for the throttle cable bracket when we meet up. smile.gif
Gearhead1432
Bummer, I just tried to place an order and it gave me an error message. Can I use paypal directly?

Thanks,
-Rob
ConeDodger
Here are a couple more pics... This is good quality throttle control in a world of junk. biggrin.gif
Harpo
Good afternoon Mark,

Could you give us an update?

Thanks

David
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Harpo @ Sep 21 2012, 03:22 PM) *

Good afternoon Mark,

Could you give us an update?

Thanks

David

Patience David, Mark is out of town until Wednesday next week. Original Customs is still open because Mark has employees, but he is out of town. Not sure how much internet time he will have.
Gint
Even prices on 914 parts are going up. 4 years ago that linkage from CSP was $89.

That's a great product offer Mark. I may need a bracket.
euro911
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 10 2012, 10:49 PM) *
Here are a couple more pics... This is good quality throttle control in a world of junk. biggrin.gif
What have you got plumbed into your intakes, Rob?
billh1963
Any updates? Could really use the one I paid fone now that I am getting ready to put my dual Dells on an engine.
McMark
I sent out an email to all the buyers. Only heard back from a few. CSP is updating the design to include a return spring (which is a great new benefit). I'll contact them again and get an updated timeline. If you need one ASAP, PM me and we'll figure something out.
billh1963
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 23 2012, 11:18 AM) *

I sent out an email to all the buyers. Only heard back from a few. CSP is updating the design to include a return spring (which is a great new benefit). I'll contact them again and get an updated timeline. If you need one ASAP, PM me and we'll figure something out.

I can wait a couple more weeks. Just got my powder coated engine tin back and over the next few weeks will be reassembling.
McMark
I'll post as soon as I hear back from Gunter. german01.gif
McMark
Just got word that production on these will happen in Mid-Nov with the new design. If this doesn't work for anyone, just PM me and we'll see about getting you an old-style linkage.
billh1963
I can wait...awesome news!
aharder
Time is on my side biggrin.gif so I can kick back have a few beer3.gif and wait biggrin.gif
SLKWrx
Mark,

Does the delay include the cable holder? I emailed a few days ago about the one I purchased and haven't heard anything back.
McMark
Just got this update from CSP. Anyone else who's thinking of jumping on this group buy can still get in.

Hi Mark,

some components are still missing and production is scheduled for mid of December.
Gunter is on Holiday and will be back next week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.