914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
bfrymire
QUOTE(Pass45 @ Sep 12 2012, 07:32 PM) *

Kessler engineering

Thanks!
Mike Bellis
confused24.gif Well. it's been a week... Is it running yet? poke.gif

Keep up the good work. I remember when I installed a Mustang 5.0 in my first 914. Car on a lift, Cherry picker holding the engine in and me on my knees welding. welder.gif
Now I don't have a lift so I use jackstands and I'm laying on my back. My trusty Area 51 welding jacket on to stop the burning sensation... Damn, I need to get back to my engine/trranny swap...
Pass45
Ha I have no plans on making it run at least not in this car its going in this 1
Pass45
finally getting started on thisClick to view attachment
LotusJoe
I'm a Zetec guy. But I did find some information on the Ford Duratec engine that replaced the Zetec.

http://duratec.wikispaces.com/

I have actually been considering an engine swap myself except I would use the Zetec because of the lower cost of after market parts for tuning.
Here is a couple of pictures of the Zetec after all the Fuel injection stuff has been removed.
IPB Image

IPB Image
Cupomeat
QUOTE(bfrymire @ Sep 12 2012, 09:54 PM) *

Forgive me for slight hijack.

does anyone know what rwd trans will work with this motor? ( I have a rwd car that needs a motor...)

thanks.

--brett

You can you use the trans from the Saturn Sky/Pontiac solstice, if that works for you. It is made for that motor.

It is the same trans as the Chevy Colorado trucks (same years as Sky/solstice) and is cheap and plentiful in the used market.

The trans is a coarse unit, but very stout.

This is a cool, unusual swap.

Good luck!
Pass45
How much can I lower the transaxle without running into problems
Rand
I'm late to this thread, but how does anyone not know about ecotech today? If yours is a dog, or if you don't get it, then hello, there's this thing called Google. Those little bitches can scream to 1000hp.
Pass45
Its in but I need to move the transaxle 1.5 inches forward once my new engine mounts come in
Click to view attachment
Pass45
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
justinevert
What about a Ford Eco-Boost? V6 twin turbo, 350 HP. Plenty around from 300K F150 around. Got to have some from a totaled one or two out there?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.