Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speed Metal Army's LSV8 Build!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mike Bellis
Looks awesome!
porbmw
Damn! That looks good!

Double damn!! I am stalled!!

Was thinking about you last weekend, was going to email you to see how you were doing, was pretty confident you'd get your sorted out before I get my diversion done.

Looks great, love that fat ass!

Am going to be away for about 3 weeks, hope you are around in August, would love to see it in person.

Was jealous before, now even more so...in a good way, of course

beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
Hi sir, do you mind include the old picture as before and after which I believed you have on the same spot?

QUOTE(speed metal army @ Jul 3 2014, 08:45 PM) *

And one more..
Click to view attachment
The ol' cell phone doesn't do it justice. Some small things to do still but that's the fun part. smile.gif I made a drawing of the bumper grille to match the fog grilles as close as I could.. The bumper has a slight curve to it. I altered the dwg to fit that. It worked pretty good.

Cairo94507
Very nice aktion035.gif
How about posting a front-on shot of that bumper? I know I am going to have a front cooler in my car and am still considering front bumper modification options. Thanks and Happy Fourth. jsharp.gif
Chris H.
Wow! It looked great before and it looks even better now! Somehow you kept the "theme" of it exactly the same. Those wheels are flippin' sweet. How do you like the handling with the wider track and without those heavy bumpers at the ends of the car?
JRust
Absolutely sweet man pray.gif . I love green 914's happy11.gif
speed metal army
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jul 4 2014, 04:38 AM) *

Hi sir, do you mind include the old picture as before and after which I believed you have on the same spot?

And one more..
Click to view attachment
The ol' cell phone doesn't do it justice. Some small things to do still but that's the fun part. smile.gif I made a drawing of the bumper grille to match the fog grilles as close as I could.. The bumper has a slight curve to it. I altered the dwg to fit that. It worked pretty good.

Before
Click to view attachment
After
Click to view attachment
aktion035.gif
Socalandy
first.gif drooley.gif
Andyrew
Looks fantastic! Congrats!
andys
Your front spoiler is a favorite of mine. I have the same one on my LS1 car, but it's been repaired a time or two. Do you know if anyone makes this particular spoiler anymore?

Andys
ndfrigi
Thanks for posting before and after picture!

QUOTE(speed metal army @ Jul 4 2014, 09:14 AM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jul 4 2014, 04:38 AM) *

And one more..
Click to view attachment

Before
Click to view attachment
After
Click to view attachment
aktion035.gif

3d914
Awesome car, gotta love the green too! What size wheels did you end up with?
speed metal army
QUOTE(3d914 @ Jul 4 2014, 02:46 PM) *

16x8's and 7's beerchug.gif
3d914
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Jul 4 2014, 02:50 PM) *

QUOTE(3d914 @ Jul 4 2014, 02:46 PM) *

16x8's and 7's beerchug.gif

Thanks army. That's the size I was thinking for my flared project. They look good.
speed metal army
QUOTE(andys @ Jul 4 2014, 10:51 AM) *

Your front spoiler is a favorite of mine. I have the same one on my LS1 car, but it's been repaired a time or two. Do you know if anyone makes this particular spoiler anymore?

Andys

I actually got this front spoiler in a bunch of parts that came with a car. No idea what brand. I actually tried it on my car with late bumpers and it looked weird so I stashed it. After converting the lates to earlies, the flexdam wasn't doing it for me! The one in the pics fit the bill. Im glad I saved it! smoke.gif
speed metal army
914 day came around again with awesome weather! Oil change!
Click to view attachment
Went for a nice rip into town for a coffee, driving.gif hit up the local track. The vintage racing crowd was there! smile.gif Thinking about it now, this is the event that I had met NORD a couple years ago. Drove home and noticed my fans seemed to be sluggish firing up. Weird..
Click to view attachment
Scary! The hot lead that supplies the fans had rubbed through the insulation on a ground that was way to close to the rest of the relay/wiring etc. mad.gif Not going to point any fingers, it did take 3 years of driving but a revision of that particular wiring setup is needed....
Fixed! And went for another drive. All better! smile.gif All told I got about 4 hrs of driving on "914 day"! first.gif
speed metal army
And a pic of the LGD after an eventful 914 day.. beer.gif
Click to view attachment
partwerks
Along those lines, I'm wondering if the torsion springs for the rear trunk lid, can stay or will they have to go, to accomodate room for an LS3?
speed metal army
QUOTE(partwerks @ Sep 15 2014, 08:30 PM) *

Along those lines, I'm wondering if the torsion springs for the rear trunk lid, can stay or will they have to go, to accomodate room for an LS3?

Had to say good bye in my case. Craig at Camp 914 makes a cool gas charged strut kit that is really nice.
partwerks
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Sep 15 2014, 07:36 PM) *

QUOTE(partwerks @ Sep 15 2014, 08:30 PM) *

Had to say good bye in my case. Craig at Camp 914 makes a cool gas charged strut kit that is really nice.

They were in the way, I take it? Looks like yours has carbs. Mine will probably be worse.

I don't know that there would be room under the grille for a blower.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.