Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 purity poll
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
balljoint
Soooo far I am only thinking about restoring the car with the existing 4 cylinder, although I am considering a larger displacement motor. I love the various hybrids out there, but I think that I will always stick with an air-cooled P-engine for my own ride.
Brad Roberts
As I get older... and the cars get older... I appreciate the concourse cars.

I strive to use OE hardware anywhere I can. I go out of my way to fix electrical problems WITHOUT adding a single wire. I'll even use OE wire if I need to replace something.

B
carreraguy
Hard for me to vote but I selected the first option. When I got my '76 last year it was low mileage and almost totally stock and I decided to keep it that way since it was so original. That being said, if I had enough garage space (and $$) I would definitely be on the lookout for a well-done 6 cylinder (Porsche engine only) conversion!
type47fan
"To each his own. . ." That's one of the things that makes the USA a geat place to live (can I say that here?).

I've been a VW/Porsche fan since the early '60s. I used to be a purist and have been a concour weenie. Now I'm just an old weenie. In the sunset of my years, I enjoy customizing my favorite car (914) anyway I feel like and can afford. I'm a excellent driver and really enjoy the total experience of a 300 hp SBC with the noisy gear drive whining right behind my head as I cruise the mountain roads or freeways early Saturday mornings in southern California.

I really enjoy this board because of all of the diversity and acceptance (most of the time) displayed by the membership. I know how hard I work to keep my 30 year old ride operational and I know the rest of you are equally committed. Keep ém rolling, in any form.

Thanks, Wayne (type47fan)
dan10101
I like um all smilie_pokal.gif

Heavy Metal, Rock, Country, Pop, Alternative, Clasiscal they all have their place.

Cars, as long as they are built safely and the owner/driver likes the car, then I'm happy. What others think should not dictate what you drive. I don't want to drive what everyone else is driving.

There are 2 red 944 turbos in my town of 200k. They both sit in my driveway. One is virtually stock (for now), the other is a used and abused hot rod. The third "Porsche" in our family sits in the garage since it's missing a window. It's not anything Ferry would approve of. We didn't build it for him. The SBC made the car fun again for us. And so far no one in the PCA has thumbed their nose at us.

Do I like a perfect concours restored 914 4 or 6? Yes, it brings back memories of days past. Would I own one? No, because I know I wouldn't keep it stock. I'll leave it to those who will care and appreciate them for what they are.

Let's see, which cars I would own and leave stock...
69 427 Corvette
65 427 Cobra
A handful of other muscle cars.
2005 Z07 - Na scratch that one, I'd change something.

Saw a great Rides show on 'Rat Rods'. They built up a Model T. Running train and some body work, no top or interior to speak of. By their standards it was done. Even took it to a car show. If we thought like they did, Andrews car would be done. We don't though, Andrew will finish his and it will be a head turner. Until then, it's Rat Rod 914...

I've bored you all enough...
anthony
I guess I'm more of a purist. I like to see these cars with aircooled Porsche engines. That said, I do appreciate well done high-end V8 conversions. And I'm sure they cost just as much as putting a big six in a 914.

Who wouldn't want this in their 914 (3.5L twin plug)??:
krk
QUOTE(dan10101 @ Nov 9 2004, 10:04 PM)

Let's see, which cars I would own and leave stock...
69 427 Corvette
65 427 Cobra

Not boring at all! Great pic! (In fact, I love the idea of 914-rat-rods)

Oh, on the "pristine list", I'd add a GT40, just for fun. smile.gif

kim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.