Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *****Warning***** Where there is smoke.......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
brant
what a slime ball (bunch of slime balls...)
some people are literally so stupid, you wonder how they made it past their mothers teat....

sorry your going through with this.
stick to your guns if for no other reason than to protect the next guy.

brant
rhodyguy
john, the money is GONE! believe me, GONE!!...ask for the attorney's name and phone #, deal with him, if you truly believe he has the money to keep one on retainer. but you won't get that either. take rich up on his offer, engine up, and motorvate.

do you really know where is guy is located? like RIGHT now.

charging a storage fee when it's not part of the contract prob isn't going to fly. bluster...you're on a fuched up road now, it will smooth out with time. sympathies.

k
scotty b
Take Ed Morrow with you biggrin.gif ar15.gif

I'd love to see the look on this a-holes face if you rolled up with the whole N.E. 914 crew one saturday av-943.gif
jbyron
The whole time I'm reading this and the other thread, I'm thinking "Honey Boo Boo has got to be in this family tree somewhere".
scotty b
QUOTE(jbyron @ Jan 3 2013, 02:53 PM) *

The whole time I'm reading this and the other thread, I'm thinking "Honey Boo Boo has got to be in this family tree somewhere".

" Here comes Danny Doo Doo " confused24.gif
stateofidleness
QUOTE(jbyron @ Jan 3 2013, 04:53 PM) *

You mean family wreath lol smile.gif

For the record "Danny"...
, != .

That is all.
AndyB
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 3 2013, 05:45 PM) *

I'd love to see the look on this a-holes face if you rolled up with the whole N.E. 914 crew one saturday av-943.gif

I am in
ejm
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Jan 3 2013, 07:24 PM) *

I am in

I was in Easton a few weeks ago. There's a great shop there that sells party supplies. We could get some noisemakers or something laugh.gif
carr914

I am in

I'll come along for the giggles & farts
scotty b
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 3 2013, 04:57 PM) *

I am in

I'll come along for the giggles & farts

huh.gif Is Dr. Evil going to be there ? icon8.gif
a914622
"" Now he is ?????????????? headbang.gif

And I have talked to the PD.."""

pray.gif aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

If you were closer I would GIVE you the 1.7 i have just for getting the PD on this joker!

jcl

ejm
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 3 2013, 07:59 PM) *

I'm out...just remembered I've got bible camp that weekend... whichever weekend it was gonna be.. unsure.gif
wndsnd
I think it is time to let this thread die. Who know's who is hurried under the front porch. blink.gif
carr914
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 3 2013, 08:28 PM) *

I think it is time to let this thread die. Who know's who is hurried under the front porch. blink.gif

NO, we are having too much fun reviving all the Fond memories of Flo & dANNY!

the other Linked thread brought back all the Insults Flo sent my way - I had forgotten about the Afganistan excuse, but I never got the one about a 14 yr old taking over the Computer. She did threaten to jump on a plane to Florida to kick my Ass lol-2.gif
carr914
QUOTE(ejm @ Jan 3 2013, 08:21 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 3 2013, 07:59 PM) *

I'm out...just remembered I've got bible camp that weekend... whichever weekend it was gonna be.. unsure.gif

Are you sure that isn't Band Camp?
ChrisFoley
I've travelled farther for less. Count me in.
914itis
In this case, I am in.
somd914

I've been watching this thread grow over the last several days, but I haven't commented since I didn't have a dog in this fight.

But with an invite like this, well... My dog and I are up for the drive!
Mikey914
Hey,
Just got a great idea I think I'll pitch to TLC

914Mafia]
Rip us off and ar15.gif
euro911
You east coast guys get to have all the fun dry.gif
carr914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 4 2013, 07:24 AM) *

And you guys get the Rust-Free Cars - trade-offs my friend! beerchug.gif

rhodyguy
if you guys are going to engage in what looks like hatfield vs mccoy skirmish be sure to take lots of cash for your bail or credit cards with lots of room.
TheCabinetmaker
I must agree with rhody. You guys are conspiring publicly to treaten bodily harm or intimidation by a show of force. It's called strong arming and Its a felony.
scotty b
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jan 4 2013, 06:39 AM) *

I must agree with rhody. You guys are conspiring publicly to treaten bodily harm or intimidation by a show of force. It's called strong arming and Its a felony.

It's also called joking around. dry.gif
tumamilhem
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 3 2013, 05:13 PM) *

Update,

Danny contacted me this morning and said he was through..

"Hello, John today my 914 world site has bee suspended, I return for your services YOU CAN NOW, MAKE WHATEVER ARRANGMENT TO PICK UP YOUR MOTOR, I refuse to do anything about your situation at all, According to my attorney, Shipping was the issue, Not the sale , you came and saw the motor, You called me back and said well lets clean it up and do the extra work, Their was never any cost for the extra work involved, Now you are also being notified of that issue as well, I thouroughly beleive that byou owe me the shipping, You paid no money for extra service work, Every day it sits in my shop you will also be paid storage, Have a great day Danny Hunter"

It looks like I in fact have a good deal because he is going to be paying me storage biggrin.gif

I replied with some email copies for his attorney to review.

Danny,

The agreement "contract" always was for you to deliver the engine, per email below. I am waiting for you to return my money. A USPS Money Order or Cashiers check will be fine. And I did pay you more than your asking price to include the delivery. It is all in writing. You got the email, you came and picked up the check, you cashed the check the next day. All that is left to do now that you have breached this contract is for you to return the money.

" Danny,

If you will clean it up and get it shipped to 01913 for $500.00 I will take it. It was good meeting you today. I wish I had more time to spend and talk with you. I should have just gave you a check today but I can paypal you or if you are in the Allentown area you can pick up a check as I am not flying out till Friday morning. Let me know. Thanks John"

"Danny Hunter,

I AM CALLING YOU OUT ON THIS. TELL ME SPECIFICALLY THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DELIVER THIS ENGINE AND NOT RETURN MY MONEY.

I HAVE ALL THE PAPERWORK PREPARED TO FILE WITH THE POLICE A THEFT AND FRAUD REPORT.

John"

Now He will ship.

"John, Here is what i am going to do, I will have the motor shipped to you, I will pay for it, I will do this on monday morning, You will have the shipping companys name and phone number, I just really dont want nothing to do with you, I will honor our agreement, About the motor, and in all honesty, I regret ever getting involved with you, You know dam well i was being more than fair, Your problem is you have money and know what these things really would cost and seen an opportunity to take advantage of my kindness, You did that, If you think this is somkind of game or con job i was trying to do to you, You are wrong, I had some issues, I could not help that, Their is one thing i can do, Just give you what the hell you paid for, In the big picture The only thing i lost was some faith in people, Because i truely beleived that you would be understanding about the extra work and understand that,Parts cost money, Working on a motor takes my time costs money, Vacume lines cost money, Preperation and cleaning the motor takes materials that costs money, You act like i was trying to get a million dollars out of you, You looked at me like a buisness deal that you knew you were on the better end of, Instead of a man trying to get you what you desired, If that makes me a bad guiy then I guess i am guilty, You should wake the hell up and realise, that not every situation in life is about trying to do what is always best for your selfish ass, your motor will be shipped, The cost to me is $ 375.00 plus the added cost of 285.00, to tow a truck, and another $75.00 in material; to do the motor and my time to do the motor,You won john yahooo yahooo, Danny"

Now I do not want

"Danny,

Save yourself the freight charges and return the cash immediately, you are good with Western Union, or PayPal. I do not believe you or trust you or the engine at this point.

John"

Now he is ?????????????? headbang.gif

And I have talked to the PD..

"...Their is one thing i can do, Just give you what the hell you paid for"

Damn, don't you hate it when after every avenue the only option you have left is to do what you agreed to do in the first place? Always such a hassle.

I think Mr. Hunter should stop trying to deal car parts and take some English classes. Or as Danny boy would put it, "inglesh clasis."

sheeplove.gif

Really all thsi boils down to is (to quote Cool Hand Luke) "failure to communicate." If Mr. Hunter did have the best intentions (let's say just for the sake of argument that he did), ALL he had to do was COMMUNICATE. He claimed on the Porsche 911 car ad on AA that he checks his email daily. Even if he didn't, he SHOULD if he is making a BUSINESS of selling ANYTHING on a DAILY BASIS. Moreover (now there's a word he's never heard before), let's say (again) that he did have the engine and in good working order, was going to clean it up as agreed at whatever extra cost or lack thereof (if he chose not to charge then that was his decision) and just had problems with shipping it - as he claims - then what is it to just pick up the phone or send an email stating "I have your engine ready. It is running and cleaned up as you requested. I have attached pictures of it for your satisfaction. I am having an issue with the shipper at the moment which is delaying shipping to you. It is taking longer than I anticipated, so for that I apologize. I am trying to get the issue resolved with the shipper. If it is not resolved in a timely manner, I will seek another shipper. Again, I apologize for the delay. I will be happy to let you know when this issue is resolved and engine is going to be shipped. Thank you for your patience."

This BUSINESS is called customer SERVICE. It's a minute of your day to let your CUSTOMER know that what was understood is being delayed, work it out and extend the courtesy of an apology. If things happen beyond your control as we all have to rely on someone else for certain things in business, I'm SURE yoru customer will not only understand, but APPRECIATE you being considerate and taking a minute just to keep them informed. AND more likely to do business with you again because you were being considerate - which is WHAT YOU (Mr. Hunter) SHOULD DO IN THE FIRST PLACE.

So whatever excuses Mr. Hunter makes about how it was out of his hands, all he had to do was say, "Hey, I'm having an issue with the shipper. Sorry for the delay. Trying to get it resolved ASAP. Will let you know when resolved and engine is shipping. Thanks." Instead of accusing you for not appreciating all the work that he did and that he didn't charge you for this and that and now he is going to spend twice as much to get you the engine on his dime and tell you he won't take your money etc. stromberg.gif

Not a good business man. Just giving you the bizness.

rhodyguy
www.freightquote.com. 15 minutes, they have phones, and a pallet. it's not that hard. bottom line is some people just shouldn't sell parts.

carr914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 4 2013, 09:42 AM) *

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jan 4 2013, 06:39 AM) *

It's also called joking around. dry.gif

agree.gif

ar15.gif
wndsnd
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Jan 4 2013, 09:47 AM) *

Update,

Danny contacted me this morning and said he was through..

"Hello, John today my 914 world site has bee suspended, I return for your services YOU CAN NOW, MAKE WHATEVER ARRANGMENT TO PICK UP YOUR MOTOR, I refuse to do anything about your situation at all, According to my attorney, Shipping was the issue, Not the sale , you came and saw the motor, You called me back and said well lets clean it up and do the extra work, Their was never any cost for the extra work involved, Now you are also being notified of that issue as well, I thouroughly beleive that byou owe me the shipping, You paid no money for extra service work, Every day it sits in my shop you will also be paid storage, Have a great day Danny Hunter"

It looks like I in fact have a good deal because he is going to be paying me storage biggrin.gif

I replied with some email copies for his attorney to review.

Danny,

The agreement "contract" always was for you to deliver the engine, per email below. I am waiting for you to return my money. A USPS Money Order or Cashiers check will be fine. And I did pay you more than your asking price to include the delivery. It is all in writing. You got the email, you came and picked up the check, you cashed the check the next day. All that is left to do now that you have breached this contract is for you to return the money.

" Danny,

If you will clean it up and get it shipped to 01913 for $500.00 I will take it. It was good meeting you today. I wish I had more time to spend and talk with you. I should have just gave you a check today but I can paypal you or if you are in the Allentown area you can pick up a check as I am not flying out till Friday morning. Let me know. Thanks John"

"Danny Hunter,

I AM CALLING YOU OUT ON THIS. TELL ME SPECIFICALLY THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DELIVER THIS ENGINE AND NOT RETURN MY MONEY.

I HAVE ALL THE PAPERWORK PREPARED TO FILE WITH THE POLICE A THEFT AND FRAUD REPORT.

John"

Now He will ship.

"John, Here is what i am going to do, I will have the motor shipped to you, I will pay for it, I will do this on monday morning, You will have the shipping companys name and phone number, I just really dont want nothing to do with you, I will honor our agreement, About the motor, and in all honesty, I regret ever getting involved with you, You know dam well i was being more than fair, Your problem is you have money and know what these things really would cost and seen an opportunity to take advantage of my kindness, You did that, If you think this is somkind of game or con job i was trying to do to you, You are wrong, I had some issues, I could not help that, Their is one thing i can do, Just give you what the hell you paid for, In the big picture The only thing i lost was some faith in people, Because i truely beleived that you would be understanding about the extra work and understand that,Parts cost money, Working on a motor takes my time costs money, Vacume lines cost money, Preperation and cleaning the motor takes materials that costs money, You act like i was trying to get a million dollars out of you, You looked at me like a buisness deal that you knew you were on the better end of, Instead of a man trying to get you what you desired, If that makes me a bad guiy then I guess i am guilty, You should wake the hell up and realise, that not every situation in life is about trying to do what is always best for your selfish ass, your motor will be shipped, The cost to me is $ 375.00 plus the added cost of 285.00, to tow a truck, and another $75.00 in material; to do the motor and my time to do the motor,You won john yahooo yahooo, Danny"

Now I do not want

"Danny,

Save yourself the freight charges and return the cash immediately, you are good with Western Union, or PayPal. I do not believe you or trust you or the engine at this point.

John"

Now he is ?????????????? headbang.gif

And I have talked to the PD..

Damn, don't you hate it when after every avenue the only option you have left is to do what you agreed to do in the first place? Always such a hassle.

I think Mr. Hunter should stop trying to deal car parts and take some English classes. Or as Danny boy would put it, "inglesh clasis."

sheeplove.gif

Really all thsi boils down to is (to quote Cool Hand Luke) "failure to communicate." If Mr. Hunter did have the best intentions (let's say just for the sake of argument that he did), ALL he had to do was COMMUNICATE. He claimed on the Porsche 911 car ad on AA that he checks his email daily. Even if he didn't, he SHOULD if he is making a BUSINESS of selling ANYTHING on a DAILY BASIS. Moreover (now there's a word he's never heard before), let's say (again) that he did have the engine and in good working order, was going to clean it up as agreed at whatever extra cost or lack thereof (if he chose not to charge then that was his decision) and just had problems with shipping it - as he claims - then what is it to just pick up the phone or send an email stating "I have your engine ready. It is running and cleaned up as you requested. I have attached pictures of it for your satisfaction. I am having an issue with the shipper at the moment which is delaying shipping to you. It is taking longer than I anticipated, so for that I apologize. I am trying to get the issue resolved with the shipper. If it is not resolved in a timely manner, I will seek another shipper. Again, I apologize for the delay. I will be happy to let you know when this issue is resolved and engine is going to be shipped. Thank you for your patience."

This BUSINESS is called customer SERVICE. It's a minute of your day to let your CUSTOMER know that what was understood is being delayed, work it out and extend the courtesy of an apology. If things happen beyond your control as we all have to rely on someone else for certain things in business, I'm SURE yoru customer will not only understand, but APPRECIATE you being considerate and taking a minute just to keep them informed. AND more likely to do business with you again because you were being considerate - which is WHAT YOU (Mr. Hunter) SHOULD DO IN THE FIRST PLACE.

So whatever excuses Mr. Hunter makes about how it was out of his hands, all he had to do was say, "Hey, I'm having an issue with the shipper. Sorry for the delay. Trying to get it resolved ASAP. Will let you know when resolved and engine is shipping. Thanks." Instead of accusing you for not appreciating all the work that he did and that he didn't charge you for this and that and now he is going to spend twice as much to get you the engine on his dime and tell you he won't take your money etc. stromberg.gif

Not a good business man. Just giving you the bizness.

Exactly. Well said. If Danny would have just called on those days that he promised delivery and I waited around all day for nothing I would have been fine with that. His problem is that he has an unreliable driver, with an unreliable truck, and he doesn't seem to be able to make the trip, so he should have put it on a truck a week ago. And all his complaining about me is BS. All I did was treat him with respect, and his business with respect. And one of the reasons I was talking about more parts with him was to make the delivery better for him. But I sure wan't going to give him more money up front. I told him I would pay on delivery. And, I had planned on giving him a tip for the service. So the world through Danny's glasses is tainted dark. $500.00 is a lot of my car money despite what he thinks my financial position is. He told me he just purchased an $8900.00 3.6 to put into his 914. I don't have a 3.6! I don't have a stinking old $500.00 1.7!

carr914
QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Jan 4 2013, 09:47 AM) *

But that will never happen - look at the other Linked Thread and you will see this guy shouldn't be working on lawnmowers much less Porsches!
worn
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 4 2013, 06:54 AM) *

www.freightquote.com. 15 minutes, they have phones, and a pallet. it's not that hard. bottom line is some people just shouldn't sell parts.

Spoken from a person with some self discipline. In the end when the money is spent and you wish it had been more you turn to behaviors that annoy others. And without that self discipline it happens over and over and you don't know why, and you don't know why every one is on your case. Frankly, I don't see how anyone can make a real living selling a few used parts a day or week, even if they are junk. I feel sorry for the whole thing. For some reason selling automobiles can bring out the worst in people who are otherwise great. Twice I have bought 911s on trust and both times the sellers were hiding, I mean hiding, problems that made the car worth a lot less.

Fortunately for the most part this particular *World* is a nice place to hang out and trade.
wndsnd
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jan 4 2013, 09:39 AM) *

No conspiring on my part. I am asking everyone to let it rest. Danny Hunter has been exposed for what he is and what he has done and now buyer beware. Let him play on Craigslist. I am waiting for his refund ..........

Based on the overall exposure, I doubt it will be possible for him to surface on the forums with a new name without someone catching it.

Time to move on.
rhodyguy
"self discipline" piratenanner.gif ...well that's a first...i quess aktion035.gif...thanks. please note the emoticons. biggrin.gif

k
tumamilhem
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 4 2013, 09:01 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 4 2013, 07:24 AM) *

And you guys get the Rust-Free Cars - trade-offs my friend! beerchug.gif

Hey carr914 - I'm just north of you in Jacksonville! beerchug.gif

Sorry to get off topic. driving.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 4 2013, 07:13 AM) *

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jan 4 2013, 09:39 AM) *

No conspiring on my part. I am asking everyone to let it rest. Danny Hunter has been exposed for what he is and what he has done and now buyer beware. Let him play on Craigslist. I am waiting for his refund ..........

Based on the overall exposure, I doubt it will be possible for him to surface on the forums with a new name without someone catching it.

Time to move on.

Be on the lookout for new member :

stripping914
ripping914
slipping914
pimping914
flipping914
hipping914
running914
methhead914
notdannyhunter914

rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.