Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: *****Warning***** Where there is smoke.......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mike Fitton
Ok, I bought a small part from Danny a couple weeks ago for $33.45 and he said he didn't take PayPal so he would send the part out and if I was satisfied with it to mail him a check or money order which I did since I was happy with the part. Said he didn't take Paypal because he had some issues with them, I am guessing someone filed a claim and locked up his account. Here is some emails he sent me:
Dec. 16th
Hello, mike, Shipping fed ex is 8.45 , Your total is 33.45, I dont do pay pal, I have a merchant acount, They are changing my terminal to on line sales instead of walk in, I will mail this out in good faith, You can send me a check, money order, casheirs check, whatever is easy for yopu, They gave me no advance warning that they were going to switch this over, You can make it out to Florence Hunter 255 berger rd ,Easton, Pennsylvania, 18042, give me your shipping adress, I will email you tracking tomorrow evening ,after fed ex emails it to me, Thank you Danny

Dec. 27th
Hello, Mike, I am in the process of building a web site, I was wondering If you could send me a pict of your car, I beleive that sombody such as you and the way you demand your parts to be top shelf, You must have a very nice 914, If so I would like to use it on my web site front page, If you would see fit, Thank you Danny

Currently I am waiting for a rear tail light lens he offered me and if it is as described I will send off a money order to him. These are the only dealings I have had with him and so far I have been satisfied.
wndsnd
QUOTE(914itis @ Dec 31 2012, 09:18 PM) *

I noticed on one of his ads, he mentioned something like " this is a business"
The tone was a red flag to me.
In my opinion, there should be a rule for someone selling parts to fund a project and an individual selling items as a business.

As most of our reputable busineses here, they have a barner or a link that redirects us to their site or inventory. I think thats the right way for a vendor to advertise here unless it is a group buy.

the site was overload with items from the same vendor. I don't think this is fair for us tryng to use resources here to save our teeners. As a busines a vendor should go to the guidlines of purchasing a barner and host their inventory elsewhere.

Just My 2 cents.

I met him at his house. There was a multi bay garage that was full of 914 parts and items laid out for photography. I only saw one complete car but the parts supply would suggest he had cars stashed somewhere. I am thinking he might have inherited a garage from family. There is a picture of such on an old eBay link he once used.
carr914
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 31 2012, 09:22 PM) *

Florence Hunter 255 berger rd ,Easton, Pennsylvania, 18042, give me your shipping adress, I will email you tracking tomorrow evening ,after fed ex emails it to me, Thank you Danny[/color]

Florence, that was the Bitch's name that called me all the names.

Another Red Flag is when you have to have your Mommy handle your money
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 31 2012, 06:22 PM) *
You can make it out to Florence Hunter 255 berger rd ,Easton, Pennsylvania, 18042,

That's all i needed to know. dry.gif

Same guy that has been banned here before for ripping people off.

I'm suspending his account ...

alfred.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 31 2012, 07:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 31 2012, 06:22 PM) *
You can make it out to Florence Hunter 255 berger rd ,Easton, Pennsylvania, 18042,

That's all i needed to know. dry.gif

Ok, for now i just banned him from the classifieds but not his PMs.

Anyone with outstanding business should try to get their parts ASAP.
chair.gif
scotty b
I'm amazed the idiot not only gives out his address, but actually invites his victims customers over dry.gif
76-914
Eric has a warning posted right at the top. After reading thru this guy's PayPal rant I figured screwy.gif Add to that the inability to form complete sentences with correct spelling and you've got a headache in disguise.
flippa
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 31 2012, 07:30 PM) *

I'm amazed the idiot not only gives out his address, but actually invites his victims customers over dry.gif

This unfortunately happens more than you would think. I wonder if they are surprised when the customers retaliate after getting screwed? rolleyes.gif
carr914
Thanks Andy.
stateofidleness
Eek. The grammar in that email would have been enough to tell me to "look elsewhere". I feel for those that have been burned by this guy. So far, I have had nothing but awesome dealings with the members on this forum!

I even remember when I first joined the forum, a member sent me a perfectly good alternator (for free!) just to get my car back on the road. I can't remember his name (black and yellow racecar), but it's something I'll never forget!

Best of luck.
rhodyguy
this is absurd! WTF.gif damn near the whole 1st page with ads. let's just push them back with replies to previous ads, bumps and new ads.
Spoke
Someone had asked me about him last month. I don't know the guy and there are very few 911/914 guys around here.

I found this on AA:

On AA

And this complaint on Scambook on eBay:

Complaint On eBay

and this on 914world:

On 914world
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 1 2013, 11:42 AM) *

this is absurd! WTF.gif damn near the whole 1st page with ads. let's just push them back with replies to previous ads, bumps and new ads.

They just got bumped up because Andy posted a warning stating he had been banned for his scams...
rhodyguy
i get now it rob, thanks. maybe just lump em' together. sounds like a bag-o-onions. stromberg.gif

k
I alerted a buyer on the Bird site....he responded that he's still waiting for his paid item.
What a way to start / market to a small community of Porsche owners
bulitt
I certainly can't advise you what to do, but if it was me,
I would call the Easton Police and seek their guidance. They may tell you six weeks to fulfill a sale is not unreasonable (particularly during the holidays). If they say you have a legitimate issue they can recommend a course of action which may or may not include-

Filing a formal complaint with the police.
Taking him to small claims court. It wouldn't even be about the 500$ anymore, it would be about demanding justice be done and sending a message that unethical behavior has consequence's. I don't believe for one minute one action would modify his behavior but taking "no" action certainly reinforces that behavior.

Reporting his business to the BBB
Posting the facts on the boards as you have done. Just the facts and timeline. people can then draw their own conclusions.
The Police may advise you to refrain from posting his real name or address, unless he uses his real name as his business name.
File a complaint with the FBI internet fraud.

Contact a lawyer and seek advice. Many lawyers gladly offer free advice.

r_towle
wndsnd,

If you need a 1.7 injected motor, I can LOAN you a spare one until you are done with it.

You would need to bring a truck and spend about 30 minutes getting it out of hiding...but it ran when I pulled it out a few months ago.

Rich
wndsnd
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 1 2013, 04:17 PM) *

wndsnd,

If you need a 1.7 injected motor, I can LOAN you a spare one until you are done with it.

You would need to bring a truck and spend about 30 minutes getting it out of hiding...but it ran when I pulled it out a few months ago.

Rich

Thanks Rich,

But as you know, It is the middle of winter here! My car is at paint, and when it came back I wanted to start assembly and sort it out. But, I haven't been rushing the paint guys because of the holidays as well. Thanks for the offer. I do appreciate it.

John
r_towle
let me know if you need anything, we may have it here.
I know the motor I took out I would have no issues putting it back in tomorrow...
I put a larger motor in its place finally.

Rich
wndsnd
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 1 2013, 04:50 PM) *

let me know if you need anything, we may have it here.
I know the motor I took out I would have no issues putting it back in tomorrow...
I put a larger motor in its place finally.

Rich

Thats my plan as well, the 1.7 was to keep for originality.
wndsnd
QUOTE(bulitt @ Jan 1 2013, 04:06 PM) *

I certainly can't advise you what to do, but if it was me,
I would call the Easton Police and seek their guidance. They may tell you six weeks to fulfill a sale is not unreasonable (particularly during the holidays). If they say you have a legitimate issue they can recommend a course of action which may or may not include-

Filing a formal complaint with the police.
Taking him to small claims court. It wouldn't even be about the 500$ anymore, it would be about demanding justice be done and sending a message that unethical behavior has consequence's. I don't believe for one minute one action would modify his behavior but taking "no" action certainly reinforces that behavior.

Reporting his business to the BBB
Posting the facts on the boards as you have done. Just the facts and timeline. people can then draw their own conclusions.
The Police may advise you to refrain from posting his real name or address, unless he uses his real name as his business name.
File a complaint with the FBI internet fraud.

Contact a lawyer and seek advice. Many lawyers gladly offer free advice.

I am hoping it doesn't come to that. I know it is holiday time, but I am giving him time to respond somehow. We will see what the week brings.
r_towle
The easiest way out of this would be to drive down and get it.
Sorry to say, but it may be better if you go sooner rather than later.

Bring a large friend.

rich
Hammy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 1 2013, 02:04 PM) *

Bring a large friend.

rich

agree.gif
billh1963
How long a drive is it from your house to there?
wndsnd
Danny just contacted me via email

Hello, Here is exxactley what i am doing, Their was a problem with the weather snow here in the north east, The whole world can watch me tell you this, You came and saw a motor that was sold as a CORE read the add, It did run I ran the motor in the car, You paid 250.00 for the motor, I agreed to clean it up set the valves and give it to you correct as could be, It cost me More time and money than i made on the motor, I want you to go to sombody have them set you up a good running 914 That you can just bolt in hit the key and it is done, I have your motor back at my shop, It costed me 100.00 In fuel in a truck Just to get it broke down, I do not want your money, I dont care if the entire planet is watching this transaction, You are acusing me of what, scamming you,
Being dishonest, You will be receiving your money back, This deal is over, You obviously think I am stuupid or in desperate need of other peopls money, I have news for you my freind I bust my ass every day to make an honest living, You have no clue, I have sent over 20 parts in the 914world and pelican, In good faith That people send me a check, GFuess what their is not one single person who screwed me or me them, So you take yourThis is exactly the reason i waited tto contact you, Because i could tell by your attitude that i was doing somthing wrong to you, Get your $500.00 and go buy a nice great motor, oUR BUISNESS IS DONE , dANNY hUNTER

I responed

Danny,

Sorry this went this way. I will expect my money by weeks end. You need to communicate better, at the very least. I resent having to wait around day after day and hearing excuse after excuse, after I chase you down. BTW I paid $500.00 for the engine delivered. I expect $500.00.

John

And Does this sound like a core to anyone?

"Hello, I cashed the check, I am thinking it will be ready for delivery, Friday in the upcoming week, I apreciate you and thank you for yopur buisness, I will be starting the motor up here, On my bench, I will call you on wendsday and let you know how it sounds, Thank you Danny "
billh1963
Get in the car and show up at his door....I would definitely be driving for my money!
wndsnd
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 1 2013, 05:47 PM) *

Get in the car and show up at his door....I would definitely be driving for my money!

15 hours round trip.
AndyB
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 1 2013, 05:50 PM) *

15 hours round trip.

My offer still stands. It would be an 8 hour round trip for me but its only time
billh1963

15 hours round trip.

I drove 24 hours round trip to Cleveland...TWICE this summer for cars. Ask hot_shoe914 how far he drives for cars! biggrin.gif

Go and get the engine or your money.......
wndsnd
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Jan 1 2013, 06:34 PM) *

15 hours round trip.

My offer still stands. It would be an 8 hour round trip for me but its only time

Thanks Andy
I will patiently await my refund sunglasses.gif
carr914
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 1 2013, 05:41 PM) *

You obviously think I am stuupid , dANNY hUNTER

Well yes dANNY, by the way you spell, I think you are stuupid blink.gif
Dr Evil
Who wants to bet this genius will be at Hershey in April? dry.gif
AndyB
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 1 2013, 10:08 PM) *

Who wants to bet this genius will be at Hershey in April? dry.gif

Only 4 months to find out.
wingnut86
I may miss this for the 5th year- so is life.

But, which fearless soul is printing up the BUYER BEWARE flyers with this Prix image to pass around mad.gif
rhodyguy
you should ask a postal money order (costs a buck or so) or cashiers check (the refund i would make), be done with the deal, and move forward. BELIEVE me, it will drive you crazy if you don't. the engine for you is out there someplace.

everything happens for a reason.
worn
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 2 2013, 07:33 AM) *

BELIEVE me, it will drive you crazy if you don't. the engine for you is out there someplace. everything happens for a reason.

Spoken by a guy who shipped me a very nice fan with all the fins after having to wait a few weeks for me to remember where my check book was. Thanks.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 1 2013, 05:04 PM) *

Bring a large friend.

rich

I may not be large, but if you are going to Towle's let me know John - I'll come along for the ride and to offer a hand.
Can't wait to see the paint!
rhodyguy
worn, you didn't drive me crazy. when lines of communication are open it's never a hassle to me. given your join date search "onion" and/or "happy, happy, joy, joy" using rhodyguy, in the garage, and set the search parameters for for any date. now THAT was a HASSLE! i read thru them again yesterday. interesting...i was going thru an undiagnosed medical condition at the time that turned me into a rageoholic. that certainly didn't help matters.

k
wndsnd
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Jan 2 2013, 01:14 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 1 2013, 05:04 PM) *

Bring a large friend.

rich

I may not be large, but if you are going to Towle's let me know John - I'll come along for the ride and to offer a hand.
Can't wait to see the paint!

Thanks Scott,

At this point I am waiting on a return check.
7TPorsh
popcorn[1].gif
jeeperjohn56
Yes, his name is Danny Hunter and I'm a victim also. Small amount for my parts, but no parts since Dec.19th and no responce or emails to where they are. So buyers beware. John
wndsnd
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Jan 2 2013, 06:02 PM) *

Yes, his name is Danny Hunter and I'm a victim also. Small amount for my parts, but no parts since Dec.19th and no responce or emails to where they are. So buyers beware. John

That sucks the amount doesn't matter. He is unorganized and a terrible communicator. Stay on him. I have phone # for him if you want PM me.

John
a914622
Like a train wreck IM TRYING TO TURRRRNNN AWAAYYYY.

I just cant think how big the balls are on a guy that was kicked off last year, to dive back in under a different name and do the same sh1t and think no one will figure him out!!

GD man thats the definition of a career criminal ! Do the world at large a favor and get the police involved!!

good luck. jcl
SirAndy
For anyone who still thinks this Danny Hunter guy has been treated unfairly, read this from last year:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=147916

barf.gif
Cairo94507
someone needs to throw that POS a "blanket party". That should solve any future problems.
rhodyguy
"deflamation of character" laughin' so hard had to stop at that one....back to the fun

so, danny boy was 14 in june 2011 making him 15 1/2 now. who's the marine? who went thru some hard times, fought back, and is now a winner? 3 words....

BATH SALTS!!! RELAPSE!!!!.....

AndyB
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 3 2013, 04:07 PM) *

For anyone who still thinks this Danny Hunter guy has been treated unfairly, read this from last year:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=147916

barf.gif

Now I remember why that name was familiar. huh.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 2 2013, 03:35 PM) *

That sucks the amount doesn't matter. He is unorganized and a terrible communicator. Stay on him. I have phone # for him if you want PM me.

John

So John, out of curiosity. Given how the other thread from a couple years ago went, did you in fact meet, Danny, Charles or Florence ? And was Danny/Charles/ Florence in his/her/it's 70's or younger ?

Did Danny/Charles/Florenece change between personas during your visit ? This might make a great reality show for TLC

Finding D-Chuck-Flo. The lost tapes lol-2.gif
wndsnd
Update,

Danny contacted me this morning and said he was through..

"Hello, John today my 914 world site has bee suspended, I return for your services YOU CAN NOW, MAKE WHATEVER ARRANGMENT TO PICK UP YOUR MOTOR, I refuse to do anything about your situation at all, According to my attorney, Shipping was the issue, Not the sale , you came and saw the motor, You called me back and said well lets clean it up and do the extra work, Their was never any cost for the extra work involved, Now you are also being notified of that issue as well, I thouroughly beleive that byou owe me the shipping, You paid no money for extra service work, Every day it sits in my shop you will also be paid storage, Have a great day Danny Hunter"

It looks like I in fact have a good deal because he is going to be paying me storage biggrin.gif

I replied with some email copies for his attorney to review.

Danny,

The agreement "contract" always was for you to deliver the engine, per email below. I am waiting for you to return my money. A USPS Money Order or Cashiers check will be fine. And I did pay you more than your asking price to include the delivery. It is all in writing. You got the email, you came and picked up the check, you cashed the check the next day. All that is left to do now that you have breached this contract is for you to return the money.

" Danny,

If you will clean it up and get it shipped to 01913 for $500.00 I will take it. It was good meeting you today. I wish I had more time to spend and talk with you. I should have just gave you a check today but I can paypal you or if you are in the Allentown area you can pick up a check as I am not flying out till Friday morning. Let me know. Thanks John"

"Danny Hunter,

I AM CALLING YOU OUT ON THIS. TELL ME SPECIFICALLY THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DELIVER THIS ENGINE AND NOT RETURN MY MONEY.

I HAVE ALL THE PAPERWORK PREPARED TO FILE WITH THE POLICE A THEFT AND FRAUD REPORT.

John"

Now He will ship.

"John, Here is what i am going to do, I will have the motor shipped to you, I will pay for it, I will do this on monday morning, You will have the shipping companys name and phone number, I just really dont want nothing to do with you, I will honor our agreement, About the motor, and in all honesty, I regret ever getting involved with you, You know dam well i was being more than fair, Your problem is you have money and know what these things really would cost and seen an opportunity to take advantage of my kindness, You did that, If you think this is somkind of game or con job i was trying to do to you, You are wrong, I had some issues, I could not help that, Their is one thing i can do, Just give you what the hell you paid for, In the big picture The only thing i lost was some faith in people, Because i truely beleived that you would be understanding about the extra work and understand that,Parts cost money, Working on a motor takes my time costs money, Vacume lines cost money, Preperation and cleaning the motor takes materials that costs money, You act like i was trying to get a million dollars out of you, You looked at me like a buisness deal that you knew you were on the better end of, Instead of a man trying to get you what you desired, If that makes me a bad guiy then I guess i am guilty, You should wake the hell up and realise, that not every situation in life is about trying to do what is always best for your selfish ass, your motor will be shipped, The cost to me is $ 375.00 plus the added cost of 285.00, to tow a truck, and another $75.00 in material; to do the motor and my time to do the motor,You won john yahooo yahooo, Danny"

Now I do not want

"Danny,

Save yourself the freight charges and return the cash immediately, you are good with Western Union, or PayPal. I do not believe you or trust you or the engine at this point.

John"

Now he is ?????????????? headbang.gif

And I have talked to the PD..

wndsnd
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jan 3 2013, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Jan 2 2013, 03:35 PM) *

John

So John, out of curiosity. Given how the other thread from a couple years ago went, did you in fact meet, Danny, Charles or Florence ? And was Danny/Charles/ Florence in his/her/it's 70's or younger ?

Did Danny/Charles/Florenece change between personas during your visit ? This might make a great reality show for TLC

Finding D-Chuck-Flo. The lost tapes lol-2.gif

Didn't know about the past thread thank God.

I met Danny (?) about 35 yrs old. Scruffy, you know, like us all lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.