Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poll F/S by Lurkers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
doorknobcollector
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 19 2013, 07:59 PM) *

Great pic lurker, so the kid dreams of a Corvette and gets a 914 ??
Good Stuff, don't be shy.....................

My mother-in-law got him the Vette shirt. At least it's not a Prius, right? Anyways, I like to think he is dreaming of an LS engine in a 914...
DBCooper
QUOTE(houdan914 @ Jan 19 2013, 07:32 PM) *

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jan 5 2013, 07:57 PM) *

Yeah, for someone who's run Fortune 100 companies for 25 years he has a surprising way to go with tact.

Its amazing how emails or forums like this get so misinterpreted. I just love being jumped on. Thanks guys. If the guy who said it was internet bulkying or something like that, I dont get it. I was saying get out of the way and let people be people. We all figure it out without management of the site playing big brother.

That is all I meant. If I played too hard I obviously stepped on the holy grail, Sir Andy who I guess built the site. It probably came off at him, but it was a management quip...nothing more. I have just seen people get in management or admin positions and begin to dictate ridiculously. They forget why the site was built. That drives me nuts and gets me angry.

And my comment about running large companies was to say I needed to get out of the way as a manager. Just using real life experience to expree an opinion. I am no more or less than anyone on this site.

Its a poll and my comments were to say its best to get management or admins out of the way and people through free expression usually figure it out. Let the new people participate unless you want to limit this to the NW Club members. Thats fine if you do and one guy seems to not have much love for Texas, so maybe that is the deal.

I am not sure what is wrong with Texas by the way. People seem to be migrating here every day for our economy and low taxes.

Sorry for offending. It was put poorly and seemed directed, which it really was not. My apologies to the forum.

You apologize by inferring internet "bullying"? Really? About an observation of the obvious, that you lack tact? A few comments.

1. You said: "I've run Fortune 100 companies for 25 yéars." If you "ran the company" you were a CEO or COO, and if you were CEO or COO of a Fortune 100 company in Houston then I know you. Do I know you? Or was that overstated?

2. You said: "I just dislike admins who think they have to control people. Most of these people couldn't control a girl scout camp effectively. They are just flexing their little girl muscles here because they can't do it in real life. screwy.gif They really aren't that smart yet throw themselves out there as if they were." Dude, really? And you don't know why someone would find that offensive? Especially someone as hands-off as the admins here? Did you notice what those admins positions were about the poll subject? Beyond Andy, do you even know who the admins are? Do you even know who Andy is?

3. Your mea culpa is "If I played too hard I obviously stepped on the holy grail, Sir Andy who I guess built the site." That may be the most eloquent argument for not allowing lurkers free participation that's been made in this thread. If you don't know what Andy's role here is then it should have been obvious that you don't know enough to be criticizing him... or anyone else.

Notice how all your statements start with "I"? This is not about you. Really.

4. As for Texas, tread softly. Being from Texas you might not understand this, but no one from ANYWHERE likes arrogance. People move to Texas because it's cheap, which not an endorsement of quality. And in obvious contradiction of your logic I just moved to California after twenty five years in Houston. About that I have two words for you: Rick Perry.

Look, take a step back and consider. You came HERE, which should tell you all you need to know about the administrators, what they built, the members, what the members think of this place, and what there is here for you. Just some friendly advice, check your ego at the door. No one cares about what you did before, who you managed or how you did it, we only care about what YOU bring here. These are people you WANT to be your peers, not the other way around. So when you apologize, be sincere and apologize. Don't use your "apology" to make more points.

Just friendly advice.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jan 20 2013, 08:48 AM) *

QUOTE(houdan914 @ Jan 19 2013, 07:32 PM) *

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jan 5 2013, 07:57 PM) *

Yeah, for someone who's run Fortune 100 companies for 25 years he has a surprising way to go with tact.

Its amazing how emails or forums like this get so misinterpreted. I just love being jumped on. Thanks guys. If the guy who said it was internet bulkying or something like that, I dont get it. I was saying get out of the way and let people be people. We all figure it out without management of the site playing big brother.

That is all I meant. If I played too hard I obviously stepped on the holy grail, Sir Andy who I guess built the site. It probably came off at him, but it was a management quip...nothing more. I have just seen people get in management or admin positions and begin to dictate ridiculously. They forget why the site was built. That drives me nuts and gets me angry.

And my comment about running large companies was to say I needed to get out of the way as a manager. Just using real life experience to expree an opinion. I am no more or less than anyone on this site.

Its a poll and my comments were to say its best to get management or admins out of the way and people through free expression usually figure it out. Let the new people participate unless you want to limit this to the NW Club members. Thats fine if you do and one guy seems to not have much love for Texas, so maybe that is the deal.

I am not sure what is wrong with Texas by the way. People seem to be migrating here every day for our economy and low taxes.

Sorry for offending. It was put poorly and seemed directed, which it really was not. My apologies to the forum.

You apologize by inferring internet "bullying"? Really? About an observation of the obvious, that you lack tact? A few comments.

1. You said: "I've run Fortune 100 companies for 25 yéars." If you "ran the company" you were a CEO or COO, and if you were CEO or COO of a Fortune 100 company in Houston then I know you. Do I know you? Or was that overstated?

2. You said: "I just dislike admins who think they have to control people. Most of these people couldn't control a girl scout camp effectively. They are just flexing their little girl muscles here because they can't do it in real life. screwy.gif They really aren't that smart yet throw themselves out there as if they were." Dude, really? And you don't know why someone would find that offensive? Especially someone as hands-off as the admins here? Did you notice what those admins positions were about the poll subject? Beyond Andy, do you even know who the admins are? Do you even know who Andy is?

3. Your mea culpa is "If I played too hard I obviously stepped on the holy grail, Sir Andy who I guess built the site." That may be the most eloquent argument for not allowing lurkers free participation that's been made in this thread. If you don't know what Andy's role here is then it should have been obvious that you don't know enough to be criticizing him... or anyone else.

Notice how all your statements start with "I"? This is not about you. Really.

4. As for Texas, tread softly. Being from Texas you might not understand this, but no one from ANYWHERE likes arrogance. People move to Texas because it's cheap, which not an endorsement of quality. And in obvious contradiction of your logic I just moved to California after twenty five years in Houston. About that I have two words for you: Rick Perry.

Look, take a step back and consider. You came HERE, which should tell you all you need to know about the administrators, what they built, the members, what the members think of this place, and what there is here for you. Just some friendly advice, check your ego at the door. No one cares about what you did before, who you managed or how you did it, we only care about what YOU bring here. These are people you WANT to be your peers, not the other way around. So when you apologize, be sincere and apologize. Don't use your "apology" to make more points.

Just friendly advice.

clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif thumb3d.gif Very well stated, thanks DB.

Gint
agree.gif

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 5 2013, 02:39 PM) *

The pride you must be feeling! Whooo

I was wrong on that particular occasion. Tried to give a guy the benefit of the doubt, bit me in the ass. Guess what, it's not the first time. I'm sure it won't be the last.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.