Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official 2013 Porsche Parade Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
rick 918-S
OMG! you two! That hit to the face is going to win you some street cred! neo.gif

Eric, did that stone pass? or,, are you still waiting for it... yikes.gif
Eric_Shea
I think it passed but I've yet to see it.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 27 2013, 09:29 AM) *

What a trooper!

Do us all a favor and go buy another 914. Park Christine in a bubble and go out and have nice talks with her every now and again. Unlike the real Christine, she won't be able to regenerate herself and, you need one you can drive.

Congrats again to Paul, and all of the other 914's!

Now... Where's Mr. Zarbo with his tales of woe?

While on that subject, it really hits home and hits your heart when you see what these 914 people do for one another. I'm always amazed, humbled and blessed to have all of you guys as an extended family.

Richard blew out a fan belt in his barn find six on the way up to TC. No biggy, he grabbed a few tools and we proceeded to do a parking lot swap in front of his room. This is when I developed an odd pain in my abdomen. It did nothing but get worse and before you knew it he was driving me and my Father in my truck to the hospital. A 3-4mm stone ensued but, that's just the commencement here... This was the day before the concours. Richard and I were going to fix the belt and prep our cars together.

Well, those who have had stones before know that I ended up fairly heavily medicated and on my back that night. MY CAR WAS PREPPED AND FINISHED THAT NIGHT BY RICHARD, HIS SON STEVE AND HIS GIRLFRIEND MARIAH!!!! All I had to do was get up in the morning (feeling much better thank you) and drive it to the lawn! We joked (over dinner that night) that they probably did too good a job as he wiped all of the carbon out of the exhaust tips. One of the judges was overheard saying "he should actually tour with it" LOL.

So... Thank you Paul for sharing your car with the world this week. Thank you Tom for the amazing brochures and best of all, that drive in the Northern Michigan countryside that we've been dreaming about and thank you Richard for saving me and helping prep the car for the show. It's truly been an enlightening week.

Thanks 914 guys!

Brother's in common @ Parade.
More to the story with Dick Zarbo (Hawk) he took Eric to the local hospital and spent most of the night making sure he was properly treated. Dick is Dr. of Pathology and KD Ward Chair VP of a Major Hospital, Eric was in good hands if he passed away lol-2.gif Hawk is a special friend to us 914er's. smilie_pokal.gif
Eric & I lead the 40+ new/old through the twisties on Tuesday and Wednesday he took a similar group I didn't attend. Eric, my wife saw the group at Spring Lake on Wednesday taking a break and drove through the parking lot (silver SUV) and saw your dad guarding your car. She thought your dad was you and said to me he is an old man, ha ha. I corrected her, I can't say enough about the friendship we share. pray.gif

Paul, Thanks for our new 914 friendship, it will last a long time, now get well.
Thanks to all the other's not mentioned, everyone was special.

My summary of Porsche Parade.
I believe our 914 Parade group has advanced acceptance with PCA's 100K membership for the future of 914's. We had (7) 914's on display and in my opinion we raised the bar with the core group of Porsche members in the Porsche hobby. They talked about finding a 914 for their stable & waxed on about the 914 they used to own especially their 914-6's. Also, met Pete Stout in person after many emails and PCA is in good hands. Pete is putting together a team that is going to set PCA records. Pete is one of us 914er's & we need to support him when he brings about changes to PCA. I was also impressed with the Porsche factory people at the meet. Peter Porsche was there along with an army of higher ups. I am sure they noticed our presence. popcorn[1].gif BTW: Buy the best 914 you can before they go up in price. rolleyes.gif 914's are on a roll. smilie_pokal.gif

Tom

ge9146
My wife and I have been here all week. We have been enjoying Porsche friends so much that I did not have a chance to check this site too.
Got to chat briefly with Eric at the concours. You did a great job on your car. Its a beauty.

Even got to shake hands with Peter Porsche earlier in the week. w00t.gif

Tom Parker got first place in his class in the autocross in his recently restored silver 2.0L. He also showed this in the concours too. Another nice car and fast too.

I took the 914 tech quiz this morning. I will let you know how it went.

Ed Scott
GeorgeRud
Had the final banquet at the Parade this evening, and a 914er, Ed Scott, took first overall in the Tech Quiz as well. I managed to get a close second, so that was a nice evening.

To cap off the evening, Reliable Auto Carriers gave a round trip certificate to next year's Monterey PCA Parade, which I was fortunate enough to win! Now I have a easier way to get my 914-6 out west for next year's Parade! They also gave away two new Caymens from the member's raffle to two lucky winners, and the traditional trip to Germany sponsored by the Porsche factory!

Nice way to cap off a great week in Traverse City!
rick 918-S
Very Nice George!
orthobiz
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jun 29 2013, 11:48 PM) *

To cap off the evening, Reliable Auto Carriers gave a round trip certificate to next year's Monterey PCA Parade, which I was fortunate enough to win! Now I have a easier way to get my 914-6 out west for next year's Parade!

Lemme get this straight: they're gonna trailer you to and from the Parade?

Paul
Hawk
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 1 2013, 07:01 PM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jun 29 2013, 11:48 PM) *

To cap off the evening, Reliable Auto Carriers gave a round trip certificate to next year's Monterey PCA Parade, which I was fortunate enough to win! Now I have a easier way to get my 914-6 out west for next year's Parade!

Lemme get this straight: they're gonna trailer you to and from the Parade?

Paul

George,
Let me know if you have room on board to Monterrey next year. Might be cozier than this years mode of transit I took to and fro the Parade :0
Congrats and it was very good meeting you.
Hawk
mrgreenjeans
Got back on the PC after a few days of travel back from Parade 2013..... sorry for the delay in Congratulating all the Winners at Concours with their 914's.

We did not have our 2.0 litre with on this Parade, as we drove something a bit more disposable and easier to replace, since we had left in the midst of storm warnings, later to hear 2 inch hail fell and up to 9 inches of rain fell hard on our heels.

The driver/beater 944 made the trip and did so with aplomb, skirting disaster and adding 3,000 miles of uneventful, troublefree miles.....It is not a show worthy car in any sense, but it did us well with loyal service.

Congratulations to all.......
Tom. A pleasure to meet you and view your car as it was judged, all be it from afar as we had to juggle viewing and photo- ing our friend Steve's 73-Grey Beige 911, the 73 Sepia 911 of Candyce, and friend Cory and Deb's beautiful 356 - 4 Cam GT of 63 vintage.
Along with Paul's amazing 914...... We also had a friend's early 901 car that was placed in the Historic section---- Bob's amazing Monte Carlo Tribute, and another region member's first attempt at concouring their gorgeous 944 S2, along with fellow 911S Registry's Ed Mayo and his wonderful silver 911 from Texas.

Try as I might , I never got all the photos of everyone I came to see and support, nor got to spend the time I would have wanted to getting to know everyone personally...... but it was a GREAT and memorable pleasure meeting and speaking with fellow PCA and 914 World friends....

Paul. What can I say ? Hope it all heals well and may you remember the Parade for all its positives.......... I am SO glad we pulled out of the tour group on another run and didn't have to witness the carnage you endured. But really , I would have been there to help had I known what was going on. ( As an aside....... I nearly did the same thing when going into the same building BUT on a different day, as we left for another tour. I think we need to check that stair for proper rise.

Congrats George on winning the trip to Monterey next year with your car from Reliable Transport... WHAT a prize. Just Awesome !

See you all there at the famous tree in Carmel ~
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.