David
Harpo
Oops sorry upside down
Click to view attachment
Harpo
I found one and I'm told it is a 914-6
Click to view attachment
Garland
I'll be there, Sunday night and Monday morning. Won't be entering, but just can't pass up the road trip. 1972 red. driving.gif
Harpo
Here is Eric's very nice 914-6. Pictures don't do this car justice. The attention to details are phenomenalClick to view attachment
bulitt
Pictures dont do it justice cause they are sideways! Fricking Iphones....
sixnotfour
Nacho says "Yellow GT rollover" slap.gif
Harpo
lol-2.gif
Harpo
Click to view attachment
Harpo
Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
The yellow -6 is my baby! One of these days, I have to learn how to post pics from my phone as there are some nice cars up here!
orthobiz
Looks good George from this angle, too!

Paul

IPB Image[/url]
Harpo
Hey Paul please post some photos of your car

DAvid
orthobiz
Pics here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=205744

Paul
orthobiz
More:

IPB Image

orthobiz
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I'm as ready as I'm gonna be.

Paul
trick-e
Am a resident of Traverse City and have been looking forward to this. Stopped by for a few minutes on Saturday and the lot was full of 'em, but not a 914 in sight. Then within just a few minutes, George pulled in in his yellow machine. Beautiful. Had an opportunity to introduce and talk, what a friendly guy.

Eager to learn a few things. Am a newbie to the 914, with a '72 1.7. Needs much work but is still my daily driver. It's the one in the lot painted rust-oxide primer with the gold Empis.

If you guys are planning an impromptu tour on Monday, I might be interested, depending on the time.

Cheers
Triston
orthobiz
IPB Image
orthobiz
IPB Image
ConeDodger
Hopefully, Eric's feeling better this morning! Good luck you guys...
orthobiz
IPB Image[/url]
TJB/914
914er's

Having a great time at Parade & meeting many of our 914-World friends. I did well in today's judging. In my full restoration class, first place with a 290.8 score in a possible 300 point system. I am very impressed with the PCA 5+ judging team of experts that look in places you never thing to clean. They are fair and give expert opinions. The enjoy looking at 914's. pray.gif

I asked the "perrilli Model" for a picture next to my car. What a beautiful girl who loved the color of my Chrome Yellow 914. More photo's later.

Tom
Mr.242
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Jun 24 2013, 01:43 PM) *

I asked the "perrilli Model" for a picture next to my car. What a beautiful girl who loved the color of my Chrome Yellow 914. More photo's later.

Tom

Did you ask the recommend pressure she is running? Is it different for the outfit?

shades.gif drooley.gif

DANG.....
TJB/914
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jun 24 2013, 07:57 PM) *

Tom

Did you ask the recommend pressure she is running? Is it different for the outfit?

shades.gif drooley.gif

DANG.....

Mr. 241,
You young guys need to learn from us older guys. popcorn[1].gif It was so easy to have a nice conservation with this beauty about tires. w00t.gif You young guys just don't know how easy it is to ask beautiful women to join us in car talk. She was very nice & likes Yellow Porsche's, even Eric will agree. happy11.gif
Tom

Tom
orthobiz
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Paul
orthobiz
I forgot to take a single picture of my car!

By the way, I also took a prize, first place in the Preservation Group, PS08, under 1000 miles per year, aircooled cars from 1976 and under.

Paul
Jgilliam914
I took plenty of your car while the Judges were pouring over your car.
I will get them sent out tomorrow and CONGRATS! first.gif Your car was well deserving!!
Mr.242
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Jun 24 2013, 05:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Jun 24 2013, 07:57 PM) *

Tom

shades.gif drooley.gif

DANG.....

Mr. 241,
You young guys need to learn from us older guys. popcorn[1].gif It was so easy to have a nice conservation with this beauty about tires. w00t.gif You young guys just don't know how easy it is to ask beautiful women to join us in car talk. She was very nice & likes Yellow Porsche's, even Eric will agree. happy11.gif
Tom

Tom

Yeah, it was the yellow cars. I can see lots of ladies lining up to talk to you guys next. You yellow car owners are SOOOO lucky. Some of those ladies walking around in the background are just clamoring to get near.
J E A L O U S !

Fabulous pics. Congrats on the good showing!
MDG
headbang.gif

Looks like Eric has already lost his shoes. Again.
GeorgeRud
biggrin.gif

He was just hoping the Pirelli girl would help him with a new pair of shoes!

It really was a beautiful setting for a Concours and had a great turnout of cars and lots of friendly people.
orthobiz
Maybe Tom will post some pics from the Concours Banquet. Sadly, I could not go. I will be on the ride tomorrow, though. See you then, Eric!

Paul
Jgilliam914
George, I am sorry I didn't stick around long enough to meet you. I had to get back to work Tuesday. I would have loved to do the tour tomorrow I hope you all have a great time!
orthobiz
Pictures compliments of Jerry...jgilliam

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Paul
GeorgeRud
piratenanner.gif

just left the PCAConcours Banquet, and a big Congratulations to Tom Blizzak, Jim Kutill, and Orthobiz. Their 914s all won their respective classes in the concours!
TJB/914
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jun 25 2013, 11:40 PM) *

piratenanner.gif

just left the PCAConcours Banquet, and a big Congratulations to Tom Blizzak, Jim Kutill, and Orthobiz. Their 914s all won their respective classes in the concours!

Thanks George, it was a pleasure seeing you again.

Yes, 914's did very well and we should be proud. pray.gif My sense of feeling at the concourse awards tells me we broke through the 356/911 glass ceiling & getting accepted.cheer.gif

Today Eric Shea's 914-6 GT & my 914-4 twin "Chrome Yellow" lead about 40 newer Porsches on a tour through Northern MI's tunnel of trees to Cross Village. Eric's car was the lead & I was behind him. It was a fantastic tour and we baptised my car in a light rain. First time ever. My goal at Parade was to photo our two yellow cars together and meet many 914-world friends for the first time in person. Mission done!!!!!

Tom
TJB/914
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jun 25 2013, 09:20 PM) *

Maybe Tom will post some pics from the Concours Banquet. Sadly, I could not go. I will be on the ride tomorrow, though. See you then, Eric!

Paul

Paul,
I didn't take pictures, not possible in the setting. Our car pictures were shown on a rolling screen during the concoouse dinner event along with hundreds of other water/air cooled Porsches. Of course we were a minority token. hissyfit.gif
Tom
sixnotfour
Foglight Bros too
championgt1
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 25 2013, 09:32 PM) *

Foglight Bros too

Pat is going to loose it! biggrin.gif
orthobiz
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jun 26 2013, 12:50 AM) *

Foglight Bros too

I think "already lost" is more fitting!

Paul happy11.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jun 26 2013, 06:19 PM) *

QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jun 26 2013, 12:50 AM) *

Foglight Bros too

I think "already lost" is more fitting!

Paul happy11.gif

Hi Paul,
Just a personal note to say your 914 is beautiful and you did the 914 world proud first.gif I heard many concourse people say their first car was a 914 during college & their first Porsche love. They would go on & on about their youth and Porsche. You are now our "official 914 Preservation Man" w00t.gif You did good!!
Tom
Eric_Shea
Paul's car has been christened "Christine".

First about the car... let's just say the judges now have a new benchmark. They weren't really looking for faults or flaws, they were just looking so they knew how to judge "future" preservation 914's to come. This is the benchmark, the high water mark. if you ever find yourself in Michigan and want to see what a 914 would look like when it left the dealer showroom; it's worth the drive to Cadillac.

Now... On to the "Christine" part. I'm certain on the day Paul's car left the assembly line it was mixed in a line of off white 914's. One of the line workers hands was injured when the hood smashed down on it and... Don't even think about going near her with a cigar.

You see; Paul decided he would "drive" this preservation group car yesterday on the tour with us. "Christine" had other things in mind. It think it best I let Paul finish the story. They say a picture (or three) is worth a thousand words.
Eric_Shea
Tom, that drive with you along the coast of Lake Michigan was a long held dream come true!
orthobiz
Thanks, Tom. For the CW crowd (like Pat, who hasn't logged in for about a week), I forgot to remove the coco mats. I realized this at the beginning of judging and they let me take them out.

Tom gave me a couple of 1974 brochures that I will cherish and will always stay with the car.

Paul
orthobiz
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 27 2013, 08:46 AM) *

Paul's car has been christened "Christine".

You see; Paul decided he would "drive" this preservation group car yesterday on the tour with us. "Christine" had other things in mind. It think it best I let Paul finish the story. They say a picture (or three) is worth a thousand words.

In walking up the cement steps after the last bathroom run before the ride, I fell UP the steps. Cement steps. Crisp, pointy big steps. In order to protect myself from injuring my arms I used the bridge of my nose to break the fall. Breaking the nose in the process. And lacerating a few areas around the nose and left eye.

If my car is gonna be Christine, then call me Quasimodo, or Quasi for short.

Paul
Eric_Shea
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif comeon... Show the gore!!!
orthobiz
Well, there goes the thread. This is the "before" picture. I mean, "after" falling and "before having my nose set. Glad they took those blue strings out of my nostrils. The other ends felt like they were pressing on my eyeballs!

IPB Image

Most of the gore is on the floor of the church community center. Nary a drop on my vintage Porsche shirt!

Paul
orthobiz
IPB Image

Today is another day...

Paul
Eric_Shea
What a trooper!

Do us all a favor and go buy another 914. Park Christine in a bubble and go out and have nice talks with her every now and again. Unlike the real Christine, she won't be able to regenerate herself and, you need one you can drive.

Congrats again to Paul, and all of the other 914's!

Now... Where's Mr. Zarbo with his tales of woe?

While on that subject, it really hits home and hits your heart when you see what these 914 people do for one another. I'm always amazed, humbled and blessed to have all of you guys as an extended family.

Richard blew out a fan belt in his barn find six on the way up to TC. No biggy, he grabbed a few tools and we proceeded to do a parking lot swap in front of his room. This is when I developed an odd pain in my abdomen. It did nothing but get worse and before you knew it he was driving me and my Father in my truck to the hospital. A 3-4mm stone ensued but, that's just the commencement here... This was the day before the concours. Richard and I were going to fix the belt and prep our cars together.

Well, those who have had stones before know that I ended up fairly heavily medicated and on my back that night. MY CAR WAS PREPPED AND FINISHED THAT NIGHT BY RICHARD, HIS SON STEVE AND HIS GIRLFRIEND MARIAH!!!! All I had to do was get up in the morning (feeling much better thank you) and drive it to the lawn! We joked (over dinner that night) that they probably did too good a job as he wiped all of the carbon out of the exhaust tips. One of the judges was overheard saying "he should actually tour with it" LOL.

So... Thank you Paul for sharing your car with the world this week. Thank you Tom for the amazing brochures and best of all, that drive in the Northern Michigan countryside that we've been dreaming about and thank you Richard for saving me and helping prep the car for the show. It's truly been an enlightening week.

Thanks 914 guys!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.