Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official 2013 Porsche Parade Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
orthobiz
End of June, I'm showing my car in the concours on Monday June 24. I live in Cadillac, 40 miles away. No other plans for the rest of the week, but I should at least have some 914world people over for a barbecue or something!

Anyone else going?

Paul
rnellums
I'm planning to go up for the concours weekend, but probably not much after Tuesday.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

This is my fave spot in Mich, for those of you going. Take some time to see the

area. Take a ride all the way up the peninsula to the very end , where the Grand

Traverse Bay meets the lake. The sunset or sunrise there ,lets you know there is

God ! Dave slap.gif
GeorgeRud
Looking forward to the Parade! I thought it may not be that we'll attended, but it's been already been oversold on hotel rooms, so looks like folks are coming.

My wife and I went to the last Parade up there (many years ago), and remember the area with fond thoughts. She's already checking out wineries to visit, and I'm looking forward to bringing my freshly rebuilt 914-6 up there. Don't know about the Concours, but the Car Corral is a nice place to wander around. I think there should be a nice turnout of 914s there.
Eric_Shea
We had our tour meeting this morning. I'll be heading up two of the NW Lake Michigan Tours on Tuesday and Wednesday both at 8:00AM

The flaming yellow unicorn has been entered in the modified touring category at the concours. See you there. Join one of my tours!
orthobiz
OK Eric, I just signed up for Wednesday:

Northwest Lake Michigan #2
Wednesday, June 26 8:00am to Wednesday, June 26 5:00pm

Paul
snakemain
Neat! My wife is from Cadillac originally. Went up through there for the first time a couple years ago. Beautiful country.
TJB/914
Hi Guys,
I am registered #114 and signed up in the concourse 914, RS06 division R111, full restoration with the 4's & 6's, ouch. headbang.gif I will be there on Sunday June 22nd. and leaving Wednesday June 26th. A.M. for home. I am signed up for the Tuesday tour NW Lake Michigan DT and the evening banquet.
More later. popcorn[1].gif headbang.gif
Tom
orthobiz
Weekly bump...Anyone else?

Paul
orthobiz
Who else is going?

Paul
AZ914
Wish I wasn't all the way out in AZ. Traverse City would be a great time. Enjoy guys!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 13 2013, 04:50 PM) *

We had our tour meeting this morning. I'll be heading up two of the NW Lake Michigan Tours on Tuesday and Wednesday both at 8:00AM

The flaming yellow unicorn has been entered in the modified touring category at the concours. See you there. Join one of my tours!

Can a guy just show up? I have to go to Florida for a one day meeting instead of going to the WCR. dry.gif But maybe I could make the Parade last minute. confused24.gif

Oh, do you have to be a PCA member to attend? shades.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(AZ914 @ May 8 2013, 08:27 PM) *

Wish I wasn't all the way out in AZ. Traverse City would be a great time. Enjoy guys!

Wimp! poke.gif biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Apr 14 2013, 05:16 PM) *

Hi Guys,
I am registered #114 and signed up in the concourse 914, RS06 division R111, full restoration with the 4's & 6's, ouch. headbang.gif I will be there on Sunday June 22nd. and leaving Wednesday June 26th. A.M. for home. I am signed up for the Tuesday tour NW Lake Michigan DT and the evening banquet.
More later. popcorn[1].gif headbang.gif
Tom

Did you sign up for the AM tour?? beerchug.gif
Ferg
I've been trying, but looks like I'll miss it by a week. Kids family schedules did not line up for our summer trip back to MI. Bummed sad.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 8 2013, 08:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 13 2013, 04:50 PM) *

Can a guy just show up? I have to go to Florida for a one day meeting instead of going to the WCR. dry.gif But maybe I could make the Parade last minute. confused24.gif

Oh, do you have to be a PCA member to attend? shades.gif

Prolly... nobody stopping you from showing up and looking around. I did that last year in SLC at the Concours, but then again, I led three tours last year as well.
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif
Eric_Shea
icon_bump.gif for George.
Harpo
Sounds like fun

David
Jgilliam914
My wife and I are planning going up on Saturday and coming home late monday afternoon. With it being a 8 hour drive I really can't pass it up
orthobiz
QUOTE(Jgilliam914 @ May 18 2013, 11:17 PM) *

My wife and I are planning going up on Saturday and coming home late monday afternoon. With it being a 8 hour drive I really can't pass it up

Make sure you stop by and say hi at the concours!

Paul
Eric_Shea
Getting closer. Anyone wandering up into the Big Mitten?

Leaving tomorrow AM for the start of the Journey. Heading to Stoddard, NLA for the Car Show and Swap then flying back home. Then, flying back to Cleveland to drive the rig to Traverse City.
orthobiz
Eric, if you are driving to Traverse you are passing through Cadillac. Maybe you can stop by and say hi.

Paul
TJB/914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 5 2013, 10:21 AM) *

Getting closer. Anyone wandering up into the Big Mitten?

Leaving tomorrow AM for the start of the Journey. Heading to Stoddard, NLA for the Car Show and Swap then flying back home. Then, flying back to Cleveland to drive the rig to Traverse City.

Hi Eric,
Travel safe and see you at Parade.
BTW: My 914 is at a local shop for a safety/mechanical/electrical checks along with a minor tuneup. They just called and said it will be ready late next week or later hissyfit.gif This leaves me little time for my buff and clean time, Grrrr I hate delays. I was thinking about renting a U-Haul trailer & tow it with a SUV Ford Explorer. I just leaned U-Haul has banned the Explorer due to a 2-3 year old laysuit. Looks like I'll have to drive the 260 miles to TC then another clean & buff for the concourse. hissyfit.gif CW life is not fair. smash.gif hissyfit.gif icon8.gif
Tom
TJB/914
Hi Paul in Cadillac,
Looking forward to seeing your beautiful 914. Are you driving to Parade or on a trailer??? It's only about 60 miles ++--.
I checked the long term forcast on weather & looks like low sunny 70's during the day and low 50's at night. pray.gif
Tom

GeorgeRud
Julie and I are going up for the week, assuming I can get through the next couple of weeks at work!

I'm hoping to bring my flared 914-6 conversion car (if we can get the rebuilt engine installed in time), but if not I'll bring my trusty old 914-6. Looking forward to meeting some 914World members in person!
rnellums
Looks like I won't be able to get the time of work this year. hissyfit.gif I hope to see some wonderful pictures!

-Ross
orthobiz
OK, the following are going:

orthobiz (Paul)
GeorgeRud
TJB/914 (Tom)
Eric Shea
Jgilliam914
Hawk

Anyone else?

Paul
orthobiz
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Jun 5 2013, 06:55 PM) *

Hi Paul in Cadillac,
Looking forward to seeing your beautiful 914. Are you driving to Parade or on a trailer??? It's only about 60 miles ++--.
Tom

Since I'm in a class with less than 1,000 miles per year of manufacture, I think I'm gonna trailer it up there, it's about 40 miles away. BUT I plan on driving it home!!! And on the Eric Shea ride Wednesday morning.

Paul

Eric_Shea
How about the teeners get together Monday night after the concours for a brew or two? beerchug.gif
balljoint
Eric,

Are you going through Toledo?
Eric_Shea
Yes.
balljoint
When?
Eric_Shea
Not sure. Probably 3:30-4:00. I have a dinner in Grosse Pointe tomorrow evening. Flight lands in Cleveland around 1:10PM. Need to then get the truck & trailer and drive so... however long all that and the distance to Toledo woul be?

Porkie?
balljoint
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 19 2013, 08:52 AM) *

Not sure. Probably 3:30-4:00. I have a dinner in Grosse Pointe tomorrow evening. Flight lands in Cleveland around 1:10PM. Need to then get the truck & trailer and drive so... however long all that and the distance to Toledo woul be?

Porkie?

Nah. I was just looking at your route to the West side of MI.

But you're in Detroit(ish) Thursday night?
Eric_Shea
IPB Image
balljoint
confused24.gif

Nevermind then.
Eric_Shea
Here's another option:

How about an impromptu "Teener Sunset Tour" after the concours on Monday to one of my favorite places on earth?

It's about 34 miles and 1 hour:

Click to view attachment

Parking in the Harbor parking lot. Fresh smoked fish on the dockside and cherries from roadside stands along the way...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Just say YES!!!
TJB/914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 19 2013, 11:05 AM) *

Here's another option:

How about an impromptu "Teener Sunset Tour" after the concours on Monday to one of my favorite places on earth?

It's about 34 miles and 1 hour:

Click to view attachment

Parking in the Harbor parking lot. Fresh smoked fish on the dockside and cherries from roadside stands along the way...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Just say YES!!!

Eric & 914er's.
Lets all sit together at the Tuesday evening banquet dinner along with Eric's other activities??? slap.gif

I am driving my 914 the 260 miles to TC on Sunday morning. I am behind schedule on cleaning due to a heavy work load in business. Buff & Shine is all it gets.

Eric I agree on the side trip to Leland MI.
My story:: We have a summer cottage up-north in Petoskey (hr. drive from TC) that my wife spends all summer while I commute weekends from downstate Plymouth running my business. During "Sweet Black Cherry" season I always stop at road side stands for a big bag of fresh cherry's on my way downstate. I open the roof hatch on my business car and spit with force up in the air hoping to clear the trunk. When I get home I check for cherry stains on the cars rearend and if none, it's a good trip. I smile at myself in the mirror with my purple stained cherry lips. End of story, life is good wub.gif BTW: I never do this with my chrome yellow 914. drooley.gif
Tom
Eric_Shea
I have dinner plans Tuesday night with relatives in Harbor Springs. I'd love to firm up the Leland drive though.
bcheney
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Apr 13 2013, 05:50 PM) *

Good luck and have fun at Parade! Your car is sure to get some nice attention!
Eric_Shea
Thanks Brian. Soon to be out of my hands. It will be good to have that behind me so I can go for a drive with my friends. Speaking of which; Paul, Zed, Bliz? Is Leland on Monday for a Sunset cruise??
orthobiz
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 21 2013, 07:48 PM) *

Thanks Brian. Soon to be out of my hands. It will be good to have that behind me so I can go for a drive with my friends. Speaking of which; Paul, Zed, Bliz? Is Leland on Monday for a Sunset cruise??

Ortho is in if I'm not too tired!

Paul
Harpo
Is there any thing going on in Traverse City on Saturday or Sunday? I'm up for the week end only.

David
Eric_Shea
David. We're heading up in the morning. Lunch with friends then driving the route. The a concours meeting an a Zone 1 party. Sunday ill be working check in at 8:00am through 11:00 then driving the route one more time.

Give me a holler when you get in.
Eric_Shea
Paul, well be in Cadillac in 120 minutes at the Citgo on 115.
TJB/914
914er's.
I decided to get a U-Haul truck/trailer combo with an Air Condition truck to haul my 914. I am leaving early tomorrow, Sunday morning, Plymouth to TC. It's a 4-1/2 hr drive so see you Sunday noonish. bye1.gif
Tom
orthobiz
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 22 2013, 07:03 AM) *

Paul, well be in Cadillac in 120 minutes at the Citgo on 115.

Missed you!

Paul
Harpo
Click to view attachment
Harpo
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.