Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing Weltmeister sway bar bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
I am getting ready to replace the bushings on my weltmeister sway bar. The bushings I am referring to are the ones that are actually on the bar itself - not the drop links.

I did a bunch of searching but did come up with much.

Has any one done this? Once I remove the three bolts in the wheel well, do the bushings simply slide on and off of the bar? They are a pretty hard material.

Thanks!
Scott S
jmill
I have a 22mm Welt bar and bought new bushings for it also. I haven't installed them yet. I will say that the larger bar will slide through one side and out the other with semi worn bushings. I highly doubt you need to split them with a large bar. If it's the smaller stock bar then you need to split them.
r_towle
Custom bronze, after I crushed the first set.
lrm914
QUOTE(Scott S @ May 15 2013, 01:43 PM) *

Hi All -
I am getting ready to replace the bushings on my weltmeister sway bar. The bushings I am referring to are the ones that are actually on the bar itself - not the drop links.

I did a bunch of searching but did come up with much.

Has any one done this? Once I remove the three bolts in the wheel well, do the bushings simply slide on and off of the bar? They are a pretty hard material.

Thanks!
Scott S

Hey Scott,

Coincidentally I am doing the same replacement you are. Can you please tell me
where you purchased the new bushings for your 22mm Weltmeister sway bar. I need to replace mine as well.

Does Automotion carry them? Pelican? Do the stock bushing fit on the aftermarket sway bar?

Thanks Larry
Scott S
Hi Larry -
I got them from automotion (prepare yourself - unless you are ordering a bumper for a 1996 chevy pickup, their customer service folks are absolutely worthless...)

Here is the part number for the 22mm: PZC-SB-1100D

If anyone should need the 19mm, here is the part number: P9132343

They may tell you that the part numbers sound incorrect. That means they did not actually take the time look it up. Trust me, the numbers are correct. I bought a set of each size just last month just to have them on hand.

If you dont mind - can you update me on how your install goes? I am still nervous about simply opening mine up (previous owner install - no idea how it goes togther....)

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.